Schweinsteiger

Cruel Joke or What?

So I get excited that we can now saw off the Mosin and fit it into our backpacks.

First thing I do is go find a Mosin, then search for a hacksaw. I try about fifteen different locations, all filled with loot but no joy, no freaking hacksaw. I log in this morning and do the same thing, searching high and low, even in remote areas, no joy, no freaking hacksaw.

So what's the deal Devs? It seems like you guys love to torture us like this; guns with no magazines, arrows but no chickens, Mosins and shotties but no more freaking hacksaws to be found!

Cruel and unusual punishment for what? Because we supported you guys and bought the game?

I've found one freaking hacksaw in the past three weeks...One! Since then it's been like the Sahara desert, dry, dry, dry.

Come on Devs, add some more hacksaws so I can have a little fun?

Thanks,

Schweinsteiger!

• Like 2

So I get excited that we can now saw off the Mosin and fit it into our backpacks.

First thing I do is go find a Mosin, then search for a hacksaw. I try about fifteen different locations, all filled with loot but no joy, no freaking hacksaw. I log in this morning and do the same thing, searching high and low, even in remote areas, no joy, no freaking hacksaw.

So what's the deal Devs? It seems like you guys love to torture us like this; guns with no magazines, arrows but no chickens, Mosins and shotties but no more freaking hacksaws to be found!

Cruel and unusual punishment for what? Because we supported you guys and bought the game?

I've found one freaking hacksaw in the past three weeks...One! Since then it's been like the Sahara desert, dry, dry, dry.

Come on Devs, add some more hacksaws so I can have a little fun?

Thanks,

Schweinsteiger!

Dont look for what ur looking for...then u will find it.

• Like 18

This. I swear Dayz knows when you're looking for one specific item.

• Like 5

That made me smile, damn if that isn't true! The same with what Bean King said. It's like the game is programmed to make certain items rare when you have the complimentary items that go with them. I bet that's the case. Or am I just being paranoid? (which doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!!!)

lol, so true.

For 8 freaking days I had a broken arm and could not find one freaking morphine for over 7 or 8 day of playing.

Once I finally found one.... I starting finding 2 or 3 every day.

and what is with the .45 auto pistol magazines? I swear to God I have not seen one single .45 auto pistol mag in about 10 days of playing. But I've seen literally 25 Markov pistols. (but only 2 mags)

Seriously devs? 25 Markovs in a few day of playing but almost no pistol mags?

And limiting pistol mags does not limit KOS. Pistols are very difficult to kill someone with in Dayz right now. If every pistol came with a mag, we would not have any increase in KOS.

Edited by hothtimeblues

For 8 freaking days I had a broken arm and could not find one freaking morphine for over 7 or 8 day of playing.

A splint does the job, these days morphines are only interesting as loot, because the only use 1 slot compared to splints.

Splint: rags + sticks - a 100% bandage MAY also work instead of the rag.

I think the sawn of Mosin is really interesting, if you carry a regular mosin as main rifle and don't double yield. Of course other thins are better as a sidearm (FNX and such), but it is certainly better than only having a normal mosin when going into buildings. But shoot it a few times to test it, it hits quite a bit above where you are aiming.

Edited by bautschi

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. Where do most people find sticks? Do I have to look for certain trees? I ask because I did not see sticks in buildings anymore.

Why not just make a splint from rags and sticks?

and what is with the .45 auto pistol magazines? I swear to God I have not seen one single .45 auto pistol mag in about 10 days of playing. But I've seen literally 25 Markov pistols. (but only 2 mags)

This game doesn't take place in America, why would you expect to find .45 ACP more or even in equal numbers to the Mak?

When I decided to try fishing and I found a fishing hook I was happy and started looking for a rope. Sadly stupid me stored the hook in my pants. While searching an industrial site - BAM leg breaking bug. Even though it only caused pain (is it possible that being healthy greatly reduces your chance of breaking your legs this way?) it ruined my pants and the hook in it. I wandered the map searching for a replacement and even found one. But no rope. Hours of travel later I finally found one in a garage in Stary Sobor (or Kabanino - not exactly sure). Having learned from my previous mistake I put both in my vest and looked for Ashwood trees.

I searched the west without much success so I decuded to move north. At Devils Castle I was attacked by a bunch of zombies and killed them and ate something. I did not even hear the shot but I am pretty sure it was a Mosin. My screen went grey and blurry. As I did not hear where the shot was coming from I just fled. Finally having found a place to rest I lokked what damage had be done - vest, jacket, backpack and most contents where ruined. I went to the place that would later be Severograd and restarted my search moving south. When I finally found all ingredients I was in Msta (thats where I chopped the Ashwood tree) and could start fishing at last.

Nowadays I find ropes, fishing hooks, axes and Ashwood trees in abundance. I even found a hacksaw, used it to open my cans and dropped it in favor of a machete (somewhere in West-Elektro on a UK or GER First Person server - maybe its still there).

lol, so true.

Once I finally found one.... I starting finding 2 or 3 every day.

And limiting pistol mags does not limit KOS. Pistols are very difficult to kill someone with in Dayz right now. If every pistol came with a mag, we would not have any increase in KOS.

Are you shitting me? Cut down a random tree or bush and get sticks and combine with rags. Any axe will do and for bushes even a machete.

Id go insane by the rate at which my arm break. Almost every 2nd zombie wrecks my arm.

Edited by Khanarac

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. Where do most people find sticks? Do I have to look for certain trees? I ask because I did not see sticks in buildings anymore.

With axe equipped and two vertical slots empty in your inventory, you can chop down any of the chest high bushes, and receive 3 sticks.

go into the woods look at the ground and scroll your mouse wheel.. if you don't have anything to chop/cut with

This game doesn't take place in America, why would you expect to find .45 ACP more or even in equal numbers to the Mak?

Well if you want to quote realism.... then how is it realistic that I found 25 markovs to only 2 magazines for the markov?

That's way unrealistic so I can't believe you are citing realism as the reason there are no .45 magazines.

And thank you everyone for telling me about sticks. I didn't know it was easy to find the right bush or tree. I asuumed only certain trees would allow it and it would be hard to find.

Edited by hothtimeblues

This. I swear Dayz knows when you're looking for one specific item.

I should start looking for rotten fruit then...Maybe I will find something that is actually useful instead of just rotten fruit...

Even worse is...I have a hacksaw taking 2 inventory slots but can't find a mosin. Found about 3 CR527 carbines though.

I should start looking for rotten fruit then...Maybe I will find something that is actually useful instead of just rotten fruit...

let me know if you find any.

#Alpha Cant handle it? Dont play. Dean Hall approves.

Seriously, mate? It is a fucking hacksaw, a tool that should be in almost every single garage in Chernarus. Let us not even touch dedicated workshops. 

Same thing with hammers, and duct tape, and rope, and GODDAMN MAPS. I can go to the convience store right down my road and pick up road maps for the entire goddamn state. I can go to the US Federal Park Service center downtown, and pick up topographical maps for the entire goddamn state. Why do we have to search for them in-game? Why are they split into 4 pieces? How do you attach pieces of a paper map back together?

See, there is "difficult", then there is "artificial difficulty". The stupid and nonsensical loot system is partly an example of the latter.

• Like 3

What's happening is your brain is messing with you. When you're looking for something, you're making a check against every single item you find. "Is this x?" "No, It's not x." So you have far more hits of "not x" then you would if you were just wandering around without wanting any particular item. Unless something has changed in the economy (changes to loot table, an item becoming more or less valuable) things are just as common as they ever were. I've found both hacksaws and mosins since the change, they're out there, don't worry.

I know this isn't the answer to your question, but the sawed off Mosin is a joke.

Sawing off the Mosin takes away the only GOOD think the rifle has going for it, which is its range and accuracy (within 400 meters). Sawing it off basically turns it into a high-powered, 5-round capacity, incredibly inaccurate fanboy of the Long Horn.

But on the topic of hacksaws, I thoroughly agree that along with many other items in the current version of this game, they are like finding a needle in a haystack. If you want to, hit me up on Steam, my username is Baby Blender. If I find a hacksaw or if my friend does, we will give it to you.

I wish it were that simple my friend.  I'm a garage whore, and since the last two updates, hacksaws have been incredibly difficult to locate.  I've been looking for one for a week to cut down a shotty and it has been quite frustrating.  I've checked them all, over and over, even the mega multiple garage units across the map.  Steel buildings (upper and lower), barns (large and small) even with inventory up scanning for those that sometimes sit within/below the floor.  The rarity is pretty much right up there with finding a can opener at the moment. imho of course.

See hacksaws all the time, just check the garages.

I'm sorry for your bad luck :[

I actually found a can opener at a heli crash the other day, but it was likely dropped (I hope!).