Airfield

Are they wiping?

Are they wiping the hives next update? I just need to know!

People seem to believe that yes, but really what they said was that when they dealt with duping and persistent storage.

"As we progress towards the August milestone goal of 0.49 at the end of the month, we will continue to iterate upon the experimental branch with bug fixes and 0.49 intended features.

Additionally worth mentioning is the intended cleanup of the stable hive to coincide with persistent storage and private shards being offered globally across stable branch.

It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean."

Yeah I've heard rumours of a big wipe coming this Tuesday, I've not seen any solid proof of this, so take it as it is.

Edited by RagedDrew

Toon wipe is great but I really really doubt it will come this month, let alone, this wednesday. If the make some hotfixes and include them in patch 49, they are gonna test it on exp branch first... but last time they rushed their update so much that they skipped exp altogether and pushed to stable on the same day. So there is tiny tiny chance that the wipe will come after 5 days, but I don't hold my breath.

Imagine what will happen, everyone is a freshie, everyone serverhoping NWAF 24/7 even in full servers. Madness. Madness.

I wipe everytime!

not sure if poop joke or...

also not sure if wiped, or just server bug but i spawned in with nothing before :|

not sure if poop joke or...

You nailed it bud. Not funny aye?  :(

Btw if your geared char is often changed for fresh one, when you join a server, that often happens when you are joining servers right after the restart.

To my knowledge, it is better to wait once few people get on the server and never join freshly restarted servers with 0/40 players.

I lost my toon just 2 days ago like that. My buddy did not experience it when he joined the same server just minute or two later.

yea i logged out all cool, saw my gear on login, accidently pressed 'play now' and joined aserver full of like 5 players.  Pressed ESC before loading/please wait and got back to title, joined a 39/40 then freshspawn.

Also managed to get a magic pudding ring-pull tuna tin by holding it in hands and mashing F/use at a water spout and i'd drink and eat until my hearts content.

Then i got stuffed :(.

Do you ever try exiting the server that you were a fresh spawn on and try a few other servers to see if your gear comes back? When I have a geared character and I join a server that makes me a fresh spawn, I just log out and jump servers until I find a server where my gear comes back. After that everything is a piece of pie!

• Like 1

I'll have my guy run off a building if there isn't an official wipe. It's better to start anew.

I heard that they were going to do a wipe to clear out all the hacked gear that is floating around once they have persistence and a few other things nailed down. Actually that wipe would be the only harm I have suffered from hackers and cheaters in +700 hours of playing. One would have thought that they could develop a bot to scrub hacked gear out of the hives...but I guess its easier just to inconvenience the 99.9% of the players that do not cheat and hope that they eliminate the problem. I think a bit more finesse and skill would have been called for.

Shit I don't mind losing a fully geared character to gunfights, snipers, or a zombie swarm, but getting kicked in the face by the Developers sucks. I really don't want to go running around with a fire extinguisher or a pitchfork again unless another Player or hard hitting zed did the deed and put me back on the coast.  And the sad fact is that the cheaters will simply find new ways to beat the system, so what's the  friking point?

Edited by Xbow

several FTP games which have a personal account levelling system had several wipes deep into beta.

MWO as one example.

One or two devblogs ago they said yes, for .49 they'd be wiping along with the patch that stops duping. Thus the world (apparently) will be cleansed of hacked mags and duped items. Here's what they actually said about it.

It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean.

This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition

Here's the Devblog where it's talked about:

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

• Like 1

One or two devblogs ago they said yes, for .49 they'd be wiping along with the patch that stops duping. Thus the world (apparently) will be cleansed of hacked mags and duped items. Here's what they actually said about it.

Here's the Devblog where it's talked about:

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

Thank's, that doesn't sound too ominous at all. Imagine the DayZ community being plagued by dick-weeds that would rather cheat than play? Where is the fun in generating equipment and ammo without taking any risk? Are they  too dumb and lazy to actually accept the survival aspect of the game? Yes, I think they are just that dumb.

Personally I enjoy the survival options the game gives us. I no longer spend a lot of time in built up areas hooking and jabbing with re-spawning Zeds and KoS addicts. Hunting is my prime source of sustenance and that frees me from the need to scavenge for canned goods in places where KoS turds and Hackers gravitate. While I may not have experienced hackers with infinite ammunition there is no doubt that they have distorted the game because their one source of pleasure seems to be killing other players.    

• Like 1

Thank's, that doesn't sound too ominous at all.

It should sound like a really really positive thing! I for one am totally in support of and looking forward to it!

I would hope everyone wipes!

*Giggles and rolls around on the floor randomly*

A friend told me that Day Z will be wiping everyone tomorrow on patch day. WHAT THE .... No. This can't be true.... I've worked so hard to get to where I am....

Is this the truth? Or has my friend lied and become the devil

your friend lies.  he also licks all your stuff while you're out of the room.

• Like 4

could be any time but it's more likely the week after experimental goes to .49

It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean.

This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208483-status-report-week-of-18-august-14/

Its unlikely to be tomorrow but it will happen at some point soon-ish.

• Like 1

Meh, I wouldn't give a flyin fudge. Loot is loot, theres more of it out there.

• Like 2

Hear hear, the end is fking extremely nigh !!!

edit: On a serious note, personally I welcome a chance to regear again. Can't wait for loot being ballanced, when getting good stuff will be atleast a bit of achievement.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 3

The most pissed off people will be the people that paid for good speed hacks/teleporting. They won't be able to just teleport to sniper positions and take full gear from people. They will still be able to teleport but no one will have any gear for them to steal.