banjo (DayZ)

Should Rocket go sooner rather than later?

Questioning any of the developers decisions is an attack against them. 

^^wow^^^ r u for real ...  get over yourself,

ummmm, far as i understand it this is a forum for discussing matters that affect Dayz SA.. this isnt a fanbois only club..

• Like 1

all the busiest servers ever in dayz were pvp deathmatch.

they have tried to turn people from what they like into crafting nerds.

people dont want leather underwear they want to kill each other and zombies. it that simple.

no pvp sowing baskets lol in a zombie apocolypse survival guide :lol:

does it even need pointing out ?

1. PVP and crafting are not mutually exclusive.. You can PVP and still craft and vice versa.

2. 1 word: Minecraft. One of the most popular indie games of all time, and is 90% about crafting.. Yeah, nobody wants to craft! PSsshh..

3. What makes this game special/different is player interactions.. Do an experiment

-Make a YouTube video of nothing but PVP in DayZ

-Make a YouTube video of nothing but funny/interesting player interactions in DayZ.

The player interactions video will get more views, hands down.. 

You can't get that same experience from other First Person Shooters on the market, but you can get PVP from those games.. SO if you love PVP so much, go play Battlefield4? Shit, go play ARMAIII.

Learn the different between criticizing and attacking a developer? That's rich coming from you.

I think he is French Canadian so this is as friendly as he can be.

1. PVP and crafting are not mutually exclusive.. You can PVP and still craft and vice versa.

2. 1 word: Minecraft. One of the most popular indie games of all time, and is 90% about crafting.. Yeah, nobody wants to craft! PSsshh..

3. What makes this game special/different is player interactions.. Do an experiment

-Make a YouTube video of nothing but PVP in DayZ

-Make a YouTube video of nothing but funny/interesting player interactions in DayZ.

The player interactions video will get more views, hands down.. 

You can't get that same experience from other First Person Shooters on the market, but you can get PVP from those games.. SO if you love PVP so much, go play Battlefield4? Shit, go play ARMAIII.

this game is based on a zombie apocolyptic survival not a building bricks game !

if the majority want a kill everything game then thats what should be focused on. trying to make the game into what majority doesnt want is time wasting.

most people will just kill people i get some may want crafting but only because they added it.

its just a sideline to what the main core want which is zombie slaying survival and blood. not basket weaving. thats why ma ny brought into the game and it was so succesful.

hopefully this does happen .

as i said before sony has been looking at whats recent and what works from games like dayz and rust and just taking those instances and adding them to H1Z1.

understand the audience or watch the game flop.

I think he should go home for christmas but I don't think it's makes much difference either way. Don't want to blow smoke up his behind but he's the visionary and should be involved in the game until the end but that's not to say he should work at the coalface every day (which I doubt he does.)

Honestly I like Dean, I think he's a great guy. Why he is leaving I don't know I really wish he'd focus on this more but at least he is presuing his ultimate game I wish him the best of luck in the future

I admire Dean for his vision and my way or the hiway attitude. I lost interest in being a play tester the day i heard he was planning to move on end of the year.  I doubt i have logged 10 minutes in game since.  My gut tells me there was a power struggle and Dean lost. I have been wrong before. I lost my passion for the game in an alpha state. My expectation level for DayZ has been lowered but i still have hope the final release will "resemble" my interpretation of Dean's vision.

Questioning any of the developers decisions is an attack against them.  This whole thread is Rockets sucks and can't lead.  The moderators of this forum should feel ashamed for even letting this get past one page.

I think the devs are big boys and don't need you defending them on the internet. Several posts have already stated they have no ill towards rocket, but feel the game development has taken a less than perfect path.

if the majority want a kill everything game then thats what should be focused on. trying to make the game into what majority doesnt want is time wasting.

Are you fricking kidding me? The game is what the developer wants it to be. If you don't like it, don't play it. Not all game developers are money grubbing SOB's who want to cater to a bunch of whining, complaining and entitlement minded jerks. The game is becoming exactly what was planned all along. Read my signature line and keep reading it until you comprehend what it says if you're capable. If you're trolling then congrats because you and people like you piss me off. It's not about YOU and what YOU want. It's about what Rocket wanted or wants. I don't care if 99% of the people want deathmatch. It's about the entire spectrum of survival (PvE and PvP). What makes you think game development is a democracy? If I was developing a game I wouldn't give a flying crap what you wanted. It would be what I wanted. If I didn't make money off of it so be it, but it would be mine. I hope I spoke simple enough for you dgeesio.

• Like 2

I admire Dean for his vision and my way or the hiway attitude. I lost interest in being a play tester the day i heard he was planning to move on end of the year.  I doubt i have logged 10 minutes in game since.  My gut tells me there was a power struggle and Dean lost. I have been wrong before. I lost my passion for the game in an alpha state. My expectation level for DayZ has been lowered but i still have hope the final release will "resemble" my interpretation of Dean's vision.

I hear ya man. I really hope Bohemia can transform this some what near Dean's vision. Thanks for quoting me :)

Edited by TheIceCreamGuy

Fk you Lockheed Martin!

Where's my JSF?  It's over budget and over production!  ID DOESNT EVEN HAS THRUST VECTORING

the PakFa is out already and looks 10 times better than this weapons platform

Y U NO GIEV JSF YET

They're not even developing the software systems yet. They're just putting BUTTONS IN THE COCKPIT that don't DO anything yet!!!!!!111eleven

Who's the lead engineer?  Sack this man! i want blooooooooooooooooood!

warning: some sarcasm included. PEGI16.

tantrum.gif

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I admire Dean for his vision and my way or the hiway attitude. I lost interest in being a play tester the day i heard he was planning to move on end of the year. I doubt i have logged 10 minutes in game since. My gut tells me there was a power struggle and Dean lost. I have been wrong before. I lost my passion for the game in an alpha state. My expectation level for DayZ has been lowered but i still have hope the final release will "resemble" my interpretation of Dean's vision.

Well now I feel bad if the case is that Bohemia wanted to cut corners or not try ideas, and thats the problem? But didnt all the Arma series seem to stay on track?

Are you fricking kidding me? The game is what the developer wants it to be. If you don't like it, don't play it. Not all game developers are money grubbing SOB's who want to cater to a bunch of whining, complaining and entitlement minded jerks. The game is becoming exactly what was planned all along. Read my signature line and keep reading it until you comprehend what it says if you're capable. If you're trolling then congrats because you and people like you piss me off. It's not about YOU and what YOU want. It's about what Rocket wanted or wants. I don't care if 99% of the people want deathmatch. It's about the entire spectrum of survival (PvE and PvP). What makes you think game development is a democracy? If I was developing a game I wouldn't give a flying crap what you wanted. It would be what I wanted. If I didn't make money off of it so be it, but it would be mine. I hope I spoke simple enough for you dgeesio.

typical minority response. they are catering for people like you and thats why the game will and is going wrong.

the "majority " want carnage they want zombie fights in hordes and want excitement ! not basket weaving at dawn. can you understand that ?

the majority brought into that idea dayz because they thought it would be like george a romero film.

if you said hay we making a minecraft zombie game for nerds 0 sales !

they are catering for people like you and thats why the game will and is going wrong.

No they are following a plan they had from the beginning. And it isn't going wrong.

Did you read my signature (you know, that block at the bottom of the post that appears every time I post). I figured you would have extreme difficulty understanding it. Go figure.

• Like 1

Well now I feel bad if the case is that Bohemia wanted to cut corners or not try ideas, and thats the problem? But didnt all the Arma series seem to stay on track?

Yes, they did.

But Arma is a finished product...

Also, love it when radicals start calling people out as minorities.

Like a beagle - lots of bark for such a small dog.

Screaming doesn't lend weight to your words hahaha.

But don't let me discourage you from posting. 10 pages of gold friend.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

typical minority response. they are catering for people like you and thats why the game will and is going wrong.

the "majority " want carnage they want zombie fights in hordes and want excitement ! not basket weaving at dawn. can you understand that ?

the majority brought into that idea dayz because they thought it would be like george a romero film.

Uhm.. There is no basket weaving in DayZ. Please stop making stupid arguments that make no sense. Everyone knows you're up your own ass about being a badass PvP kos bandit who thinks this game is a death match. And for some people that is the game and nobody is trying to take that away from you. Nobody is saying you have to craft anything and nobody is saying you cant be a one dimensional killing machine.

We are just saying that's not what makes this game different, special, interesting or marketable.

There are better PvP fps games out there. Why are you wasting your time with DayZ if that's what appeals to you?

Just stop trying to make the game what you want it to be and accept it for what it is. The game you want already exist - its called ArmaIII.

• Like 5

what the crafting nerds dont realize is dayz is a pvp deathmatch pure and simple wasting time on crafting useless items when better simple content which is actually used could be done.

stop messing around with crafting just give us the stuff we need and let us shoot each other. fun is simple this game isnt chess stop messing about trying to make it such a game its not.

You're funny.

I think you are wrong.  I believe what Dean saw was something that he cannot achieve with the game engine but is going to make what he can with it.  

• Like 1

Some of us came to dayz for more though. I came because I could PvP with others, I could fight zombies, but also because I knew I would be able to do things like hunt and cook, make camp, ect ect. I wanted somewhere I could explore ways to survive the appocolypse.

If it were real, you wouldn't be running round to be entertained, you would be looking for safe refuge, food, supplies. Not saying "hey boys lets roll down to town and try to kill some random innocent guy....itl be fun!" That's the feeling I want from dayz....something a bit more authentic, realistic, whatever word ya wanna use.

Basically you like PvP...that's great....your the reason I feel my heart rate rise a lil every time I log in. But you already have the basic tools of your trade to be fleshed out in beta. Let them add basic versions of our survival tools aswell!.....they did look after you pvp'ers first didn't they.....guns from day1 huh.....we had to wait months for tents :)

no im saying the majority like pvp.

so cater for it. trying to cater more for crafting isnt what people got this game for.

go look down server list for no pvp only ;)

so cater for it. trying to cater more for crafting isnt what people got this game for.

No, you are the minority, go cowadoody elsewhere. Enjoy missing out on most of what the game has to offer.

DayZ was created to be a realistic, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But, of course, immature adolescence as yours truly come and ruin what little potential the game has. You get so self-absorbed in killing others because there is nothing else to do, but don't realize that there really are other things out there.

Have you ever tried once not duping or server hopping and killing fresh spawns? Have you ever tried playing legit and helping out fellow survivors?

This game is hugely based on social interaction, and for every time you KOS someone, that is one more person to have trust issues, and one more person to start KOS'ing. Eventually, 3/4 of the population will KOS, and by then no stories will be made. No interactions will happen, the whole concept and feel of DayZ will be gone.

Meh, you seem a tad bit too dim headed. Let's just say, don't waste your time on these forums, you have lost all respect from me, comrades, and most people who read your comments.

Heated regards kiddo 

• Like 1

"Majority" - "Minority" - "Cater" 

Majority = MOST people.. 

DayZ is not for MOST people. It has a specific draw. MOST people like Candy Crush. MOST people don't play hardcore survival games. MOST people who want to play a PVP First Person Shooter are going to download CS:GO and play that.. Or maybe BF4... Or maybe COD... Or maybe ARMAIII if they are more for realism. If they like zombies, maybe they'll play breaking point.

Minority = A small percentage of...

2.5 million players is a SMALL percentage of the market. A SMALL percentage of the market was drawn to what DayZ has always said it was about.. DayZ never advertised itself as a competitive PVP First person shooter. 

Cater = To placate ...

If you want a company to PLACATE and CATER to the MAJORITY then maybe you should go to the Activision or EA forums. 

I'm quite happy with being in the MINORITY. Nobody is forcing you to play DayZ .. You either like it, or you don't.. Honestly the gun-play and movement in this game is clunky and overall shit compared to something as crisp and clean as CS or anything from the Battlefield franchise.. It's even worse than ARMA. If PVP is what this game is about then it does it poorly by comparison to all other games. If you want a good PVP game, GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE.

I'm not saying this as an insult.. I really mean it. You seem bitter towards the community. You're calling people "crafting nerds" and saying that the "minority" is going to ruin the game.. Guess what buddy? We're not the fucking minority of the DayZ community. The MAJORITY of the DayZ community wants hunting, camping, crafting, base building, vehicles, player interactions, heroes, bandits, survivors. 

A wise man once told me, "If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, you should start reevaluating your opinions."

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe this game just isn't for you? Maybe you'd have more fun playing something else. There's nothing wrong with that... But if you do insist on sticking around and playing DayZ then please do us all a favor and shut up about KOS, PVP, and Banditry.. You're not getting any closer to convincing the world at large that you're some kind of Billy Badass.

Have you ever considered that maybe the game isn't ALL about PVP? Maybe you've just MISSED THE POINT of the game? Not trying to sound holier than thou here...or pretentious, by any means.. But honestly, I don't see how you can look at a game like DayZ and say "This is a PVP game"...Yes, there *IS* PVP in the game, but a few facts for you

1. There is NO competitive scene.

2. There are NO rankings

3. There is NO kill/death counter

4. There are NO meaningful statistics

5. There is NO end-game

6. There's VERY LITTLE in-game reward for killing other players.

7. The actual PVP itself is often very buggy and random. 

8. There are no in game "groups" or "clans" (IE - Squads/Guilds/Clans/Teams/factions that you can affiliate with in game.. such as in WoW, League of Legends, or in FPS games that track clan stats or have league matches)

9. There's no real advantage to being a part of a "clan"

10. You can't even see the name of the person who killed you, and often cannot see who you killed.. So there's no real "bragging rights"

11. There's no way for me to compare my ability against yours.

12. There's no way to "LOSE".. Only to die.. And that's just a matter of regearing

13. There are no exclusive offers/advantages for anyone who kills more, dies less, or somehow survives the longest.. There's no measuring stick..

14. There is no "league" of DayZ or any real way to have a tournament

15. The majority of the time, if you kill someone they weren't even aware of your existence and had no real way to defend themselves.

See, to me, when I think about PVP.. I think about 

1. Counter-Strike, Quake, Doom, UT, BF, where there is a competitive scene and you could potentially go to LAN tournaments and test your skills versus other players/teams.

2. World of Warcraft, or other MMO's where you have Guilds that compete for PVE notoriety or PVP ratings, that usually comes with exclusive rewards..

3. MOBA's and RTS's, where again, there's a competitive scene.

If there's no competitive scene, you can't compare yourself to others to see how well/poorly you do and there's no bragging rights, there's no money to be made on LAN and there's no advantage to doing "better" or "worse" than anyone.. The experience you make for yourself is the only reward. If you feel "rewarded" by shooting people in the back or sniping someone from 400 meters who wasn't even aware of your presence, I would say you have some serious self-esteem issues, but I would also say "good for you.. then enjoy that aspect of the game for what it is."

But if that's ALL you're doing, then you're missing out on what the MAJORITY of the rest of this community seems to understand...

DayZ is unique for the tense interactions and situations.. For the bandits which menace notorious areas such as Elektro and Berezino.. The Cherno snipers that have everyone looking over their backs.. The crushing feeling of losing all of your gear and your 2 week old character because you randomly came across someone by a water-pump in the Western part of the map... The rare heroes which will come running to a newbies rescue, blood bagging them and sending them away with beans and maybe a decent weapon.. The tension of having a squad of guys at NWAF and being afraid that your whole "team" is going to get wiped by an even bigger  (or just sneakier) squad of guys who's just as afraid as you are.. The hilarious player interactions that happen on the coast.. 

etc...etc..etc.

If you're just here to shoot people, you're here for the wrong fucking reasons.

• Like 4

DayZ was created to be a realistic, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But, of course, immature adolescence as yours truly come and ruin what little potential the game has. You get so self-absorbed in killing others because there is nothing else to do, but don't realize that there really are other things out there.

Have you ever tried once not duping or server hopping and killing fresh spawns? Have you ever tried playing legit and helping out fellow survivors?

This game is hugely based on social interaction, and for every time you KOS someone, that is one more person to have trust issues, and one more person to start KOS'ing. Eventually, 3/4 of the population will KOS, and by then no stories will be made. No interactions will happen, the whole concept and feel of DayZ will be gone.

Meh, you seem a tad bit too dim headed. Let's just say, don't waste your time on these forums, you have lost all respect from me, comrades, and most people who read your comments.

Heated regards kiddo 

how much assumption ? :rolleyes:

i know what the potential has but i it be used ? no.

is it worth spending lots of extra time making useless crafted items when the core gameplay is pvp ? thats what im getting at.

i dont dupe server hop i am a bandit but i play fair so dont make out i dont just to try and justify your opinion in this thread . thats more childish than any comment in this thread,

what some of you are getting heated about about what i put is the very reason you are missing the point ! u get some want crafting but its a minority !

why slow down or even use resources on a project which is already behind ?

as said im not picking stuff out the air the most played servers in the mod and sa are all pvp. thats not made up its true.

crafting is pointless.

how much assumption ? :rolleyes:

i know what the potential has but i it be used ? no.

is it worth spending lots of extra time making useless crafted items when the core gameplay is pvp ? thats what im getting at.

i dont dupe server hop i am a bandit but i play fair so dont make out i dont just to try and justify your opinion in this thread . thats more childish than any comment in this thread,

what some of you are getting heated about about what i put is the very reason you are missing the point ! u get some want crafting but its a minority !

why slow down or even use resources on a project which is already behind ?

as said im not picking stuff out the air the most played servers in the mod and sa are all pvp. thats not made up its true.

crafting is pointless.

Because the core gameplay ISN'T PVP, dolt. If you think the core gameplay of DayZ is PVP then you've clearly never played a real competitive game.

Repeating the same ill-informed horse-shit over and over again doesn't get you any closer to being "right", it just makes you look dense.

Edited by Etherimp

I think you are wrong.  I believe what Dean saw was something that he cannot achieve with the game engine but is going to make what he can with it.  

You may be right. Whether it was a power struggle or realization of the limitations of the game engine  what I took away from his announcements to move on indicated he had lost passion for the project.