Sign in to follow this  
Azzerrrr

Crossbow Spawning System.

Alright so the name of this suggestion doesn't explain what the suggestion exactly is so please, allow me to explain myself.

Ever since the early days of the mod crossbows were well, underpowered?, Not much of an improvement has been shown in the Standalone but not to worry! I have a solution, now firstly let me explain what will be required in order to complete the suggestion I will begin talking about in a few moments:-

- 2 new crossbow models

- Different power/draw time for each crossbow

- Different crossbow names.

- Possible renaming of the current crossbow.

Now to get along with the suggestion, okay well firstly our current in-game crossbow is nothing much other than a Hunting Crossbow   It doesn't have much of an effect in terms of PVP due to it's main purpose, to kill small-medium sized animals at small ranges. 

Now you may be thinking well of course! It's rather obvious that a Hunting Crossbow wouldn't be good for PVP.

Well, that's why I wish to present to you, this: http://taboodada.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/pse-tac-15-crossbow.jpg

That is a TAC-15 military grade crossbow, designed specifically to pick off enemy targets quietly and effectively at ranges much better than the Hunting Crossbow.

Now obviously the Military Grade crossbows WOULD require military spawns, maybe even just in Helicopter crashes because they aren't that much of a MUST have item, however they are very, very deadly indeed. Much more deadly than the Hunting Crossbow clearly.

The third crossbow to make an entrance in-game would be the Improvised Crossbow. Now the Improvised Crossbow would be for you hardcore DayZ survivors who do not wish to have a military aspect to the game, now unfortunately for you type of people, the military aspect will ALWAYS be in DayZ, and to remove AKM's, M4's, and to argue against the possible upcoming military vehicles would be absolutely madness! It adds a more fun part to DayZ, if you do not want that, go play Rust, I mean sure you still got M4's and MP5's but, I guess it's not as bad (in your opinion), the improvised crossbow would have to look something like this: http://woodgears.ca/crossbow/crossbow1.jpg

This suggestion was made entirely on my dislike to the current crossbow, there needs to be a system in place, like the one I have just wrote for you to read, if you agree with me, please leave a friendly comment, maybe drop me some beans, and I'll be happy to answer any questions/queries.

If you disagree please drop a comment and let me know what you think I missed out/could improve on, and I'll do my best to satisfy your needs :)

Thanks!

Edited by Azzerrrr
  • Like 3

absolutely fucking not. I will not have 12-year-old children running around with 'assault sniper crossbows.'

hunting crossbow or go home.

absolutely fucking not. I will not have 12-year-old children running around with 'assault sniper crossbows.'

hunting crossbow or go home.

Go home huh? I'm actually playing that game right now, first time playing very eerie!

Now you may be thinking well of course! It's rather obvious that a Hunting Crossbow wouldn't be good for PVP.

Well, that's why I wish to present to you, this: http://taboodada.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/pse-tac-15-crossbow.jpg

That is a TAC-15 military grade crossbow, designed specifically to pick off enemy targets quietly and effectively at ranges much better than the Hunting Crossbow.

There is no military grade for crossbows and despite the name the TAC-15 wasn't made for "tactical" use, the only reason the crossbow sucks for PVP is because it's a crossbow which PSE TAC-15 doesn't solve, and the TAC-15 is 50% heavier and 20% longer and unbalanced, good for targets, worse for PVP, and it doesn't use regular bolts either, it uses arrows.

There is no military grade for crossbows and despite the name the TAC-15 wasn't made for "tactical" use, the only reason the crossbow sucks for PVP is because it's a crossbow which PSE TAC-15 doesn't solve, and the TAC-15 is 50% heavier and 20% longer and unbalanced, good for targets, worse for PVP, and it doesn't use regular bolts either, it uses arrows.

Don't be silly friend! Of course there are military grade crossbows! They do not exist in most armies nowadays but my fathers cousin (citizen of the US) fought in Panama, he used a crossbow in his time to take out dogs. I believe they had other uses too, however I do not know much about it, but he did mention he used a crossbow. The TAC-15 is I believe 150lbs? Maybe less maybe more, point being it could EASILY kill a human, is the Ruger 10/22 good for PVP? Nope but it is still used, it's mainly for small vermin purposes, however it mainly in DayZ to harm other players, the TAC-15 would serve a purpose nearly the same.

I'd be happy if they just buffed the crossbow's range and accuracy and made it so improvised bolts could be crafted too. Maybe take an improvised arrow and combine it with a knife to shorten it.

The crossbow would become a viable weapon, but still wouldn't have anything on lower end rifles like the mosin due to its slow rate of fire and low velocity. 

The improvised bow should have a longer range too, but not to the same extent as the crossbow. It is only an improvised bow after all. I like that the bow can only be aimed reliably if timed right, but I think the penalties for timing wrong shouldn't be so severe (as in you shouldn't fire way, way off target if you only slightly mis-time your shot).

1.  The Tac-15 isn't a "military" crossbow.  It's an advanced hunting crossbow that attaches to a receiver of a civilian AR-15. 

2.  Due to the above, neither should be in military spawns, but instead have the Tac-15 be rarer.  Oh, and as stated above, shoot -arrows-.

I hope they add these suggestions.  :thumbsup:

Thank you friend :D

1.  The Tac-15 isn't a "military" crossbow.  It's an advanced hunting crossbow that attaches to a receiver of a civilian AR-15. 

2.  Due to the above, neither should be in military spawns, but instead have the Tac-15 be rarer.  Oh, and as stated above, shoot -arrows-.

Really? Huh, I guess my hours of research was wrong xD, I tried finding the crossbow that my fathers cousin used but couldn't find it so eventually I just suggested the Tac-15, guess there's some other models out there, thanks though. 

P.S I already knew they fired arrows.

I'd be happy if they just buffed the crossbow's range and accuracy and made it so improvised bolts could be crafted too. Maybe take an improvised arrow and combine it with a knife to shorten it.

The crossbow would become a viable weapon, but still wouldn't have anything on lower end rifles like the mosin due to its slow rate of fire and low velocity. 

The improvised bow should have a longer range too, but not to the same extent as the crossbow. It is only an improvised bow after all. I like that the bow can only be aimed reliably if timed right, but I think the penalties for timing wrong shouldn't be so severe (as in you shouldn't fire way, way off target if you only slightly mis-time your shot).

I like it!

I think the better thing to do Is have both of the current crossbows have 1 hit for zombie a kill & 1-2 hit players. (Chest&Head one shot)

&Remove sway for improvised bow too. It is hard enough as it, some times simpler is better. 

They really really need an in game niche to make them useful. 

Ammo easy to come across, or no sway, 1 shot kill, etc... Something that guns just don't have besides stealth.