The Boy Of Earth

Ban carry over?

Hi guys, so I have a question. If I got banned from Arma 2 Co will the ban carry over to Dayz standalone and Arma 3. The reason why I was banned from Arma 2 CO is because my key was stolen, battle eye gave me a new key, but I have to create a new account for it so I didn't play Arma 2 CO anymore. So will I be banned from Dayz Sa and Arma 3 because of Arma 2 CO? Thank you

How exactly can accounts be stolen?

It would take a a thousand hours of randomly guessing passwords to steal a game account, right?

Most bans are for cheating by the original account owners.

It would take a a thousand hours of randomly guessing passwords to steal a game account, right?

Thousands of online accounts get stolen everyday.

They have more sophisticated methods than randomly guessing.

• Like 3

I'm not sure, that's what Battle eye told me. They said that most likely someone stole it. Could you answer my question please. 

I think you are either banned from a particular game (ingame offenses like cheating) or your whole Steam account gets banned (offgame offenses like using a "illegal copy").

Therefore, if you previously had been using a new unbanned cd-key by writing it directly to the registry you will now have to attach it to a new Steam account to be able to play on BE servers again.

http://www.battleye.com/

I think you are either banned from a particular game (ingame offenses like cheating) or your whole Steam account gets banned (offgame offenses like using a "illegal copy").

I bought my copy from steam so it's legal. Do think that I will be able to play Dayz Sa and arma 3? please reply.

Therefore, if you previously had been using a new unbanned cd-key by writing it directly to the registry you will now have to attach it to a new Steam account to be able to play on BE servers again.

I used the key that they gave me on a different account put I didn't play it cause I didn't like switching accounts. Do you think that I will be able to play Arma 3 and Dayz Sa?

I'd contact battleye if I were you. Or else use a new steam account.

It's not retroactive though so a previous ban from ArmA CO won't carry over.

So my ban from Arma 2 Co wont carry over to Dayz SA and Arma 3? please reply

So my ban from Arma 2 Co wont carry over to Dayz SA and Arma 3? please reply

If it's an old ban it won't carry over, if you were banned after they switched over to Steam-ID based bans ( a few weeks ago) then yes it will.

If it's an old ban it won't carry over, if you were banned after they switched over to Steam-ID based bans ( a few weeks ago) then yes it will.

OMG dude I love you (no homo) thank you so much! Going to buy dayz and arma 3 now!!!

Short answer is yes, you will be perfectly fine and will be able to play. Dont listen to all of the other BS in the this post.

Short answer is yes, you will be perfectly fine and will be able to play. Dont listen to all of the other BS in the this post.

Thank you for your reply

Battle eye bans since a while ago carry over to every Bohemia game that runs battle eye.

But the way you said "key" stolen, its an old story already done by many hackers who got banned. They wan't to take the risk of cheating hacking on online servers, but don't want to pay the price in the end. Yet the solution is very simple, play the game how it was meant to be played and don't ruin it for others.

Thousands of online accounts get stolen everyday.

They have more sophisticated methods than randomly guessing.

If thats true, then why would the creators of these methods not use them for bank or credit cards? So is there a password stealing software or something? Thats crazy to me someone would write the code for that but not use it for stealing money.

Battle eye bans since a while ago carry over to every Bohemia game that runs battle eye.

But the way you said "key" stolen, its an old story already done by many hackers who got banned. They wan't to take the risk of cheating hacking on online servers, but don't want to pay the price in the end. Yet the solution is very simple, play the game how it was meant to be played and don't ruin it for others.

I swear to you that I never cheated on that game. I received a new key from battle eye but to use it I have to make a new account.

If thats true, then why would the creators of these methods not use them for bank or credit cards? So is there a password stealing software or something? Thats crazy to me someone would write the code for that but not use it for stealing money.

Because banks have more sophisticated methods of protecting user accounts.

There were many keys stolen back in the day, mostly through naivety but the fact remains that each individual is responsible for their game key in much the same way as you are for your Steam account (often stolen for the same reason (naivety).

I am trying to get a clear answer to this question.
My believe at this time is :

GUID ban without ever using Steam to launch ArmA2/CO will not incur a migration to other BI titles.
GUID ban using Steam to launch ArmA2/CO will incur a migration to other BI titles.
Steam ID ban for any BI title will incur a migration.

My excuses for not being more precise at this time but one thing is clear..

• Like 1

There were many keys stolen back in the day, mostly through naivety but the fact remains that each individual is responsible for their game key in much the same way as you are for your Steam account (often stolen for the same reason (naivety).

GUID ban without ever using Steam to launch ArmA2/CO will not incur a migration to other BI titles.

GUID ban using Steam to launch ArmA2/CO will incur a migration to other BI titles.

My excuses for not being more precise at this time but one thing is clear..

So you do think that the ban will go to Arma 3 and Dayz Sa?

That's correct. Old cd-key-based bans from the past (which could have been caused by cd-key theft as well) don't affect other games on the same account. Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 2