cels

Chatacter wipe next stable build(.49) possible

Go out like a boss!

Time to start looking for some trouble  ;)

Me and a few friends are planning to wreak some havoc this weekend. All my inventory for trading will be devoted to slaughtering.....but will prolly be cut short by a flying immortal hacker...but WTH lol

• Like 1

nice. a fresh start for everyone! they should do this monthly imo!

How about no, If most players are bad and die often anyways, doesnt mean that those who play seriously, and survive, should have their gear resetted.

• Like 2

the night before the wipe will be like 'the purge' - cannot wait tbh. I have a guy in hardcore with an m4, acog, the works

• Like 1

How is this purpose not achieved by the wipes on experimental? I do not see the need on stable, especially if they've fixed duping. This only punishes long term survivors for the sake of the KOS deathmatch crowd.

• Like 1

the other thing with a character wipe is how are you going to test out certain items for future patches if you no longer have them. It was a pain in the ass to find certain items, such as a tent, and to be able to test out persistence.

If persistence officially starts working (without bugs) within the next patch and they did a character wipe on the same patch, I assure you I will not spend another who knows how long looking for a tent (if less people are using the items, thats less people to catch certain bugs). If i stumble across one, great, but I'm not looking for one. And BTW, I'm not attached to my gear, I'm attached to the amount of time spent for looking for something again. My example here is a tent. With how rare that thing is right now and the fact that I lost it once due to "duplicating tent server crash hard reset" and somehow luckily stumbling across a 2nd one without too much search and losing the 2nd one to a wipe? No sir. Not looking for another. 

a character wipe punishes everyone and it will only keep things clean for like 5 minutes. 

• Like 3

I read through there notes and it looks like they address a lot of problems. Lets keep our fingers crossed......and hope for a more stable stable.  :)

"There won't be any character wipe, it was just a joke made by some drunk developer" - Rocket

Well, as I thought.

Edited by MaxRain

"There won't be any character wipe, it was just a joke made by some drunk developer" - Rocket

Well, as I thought.

They don't have to worry about it, the way it is now you can get you CHR wiped just by switching servers haha

Edited by CJFlint

So when your hunting for hours and days to find the really hard to find stuff they decide to put latter in the game your going to be cool with random wipes?

It solves the duping issue but it also punishes ppl that get the gear legit as well.

If they fixed duping then why do you need to wipe characters? It can't be duped anyway. Anyone fighting with hacked mags will die eventually and the mags would go with them.

Edited by Ziaka

If they fixed duping then why do you need to wipe characters? It can't be duped anyway. Anyone fighting with hacked mags will die eventually and the mags would go with them.

Who cares about being punished.

If it eliminates all of the hacked mags then that alone is worth the tiny bit of effort that some players would have to go through to regear.

Keep you eye on the prize guys you are all testing that comes before actually enjoying the game.

• Like 1

Weekly wipes. Enough said.

Good bye my beloved fully moded M4 from previous patches :(

I heard a little rumor from a few friends that there is talk of a reset on stable because of people who have hacked things, m4's infi sodas etc. But, can any mod clarify? I mean its no problem for me. But I'd like to know just incase I wanna go on a rampage and lose my gear before it wipes :D Thanks

-J

I heard a little rumor from a few friends that there is talk of a reset on stable because of people who have hacked things, m4's infi sodas etc. But, can any mod clarify? I mean its no problem for me. But I'd like to know just incase I wanna go on a rampage and lose my gear before it wipes :D Thanks

-J

Merged

Merged

Lol didnt see one had been made. My bad mr. moustache. (Love topgear btw)

• Like 1

If so then people will hardly travel at all...it will just intensify the death match in the NE....

Sandbox game....

Think about it why get larger capacity gear or anything aside from basic med supplies and your preferred weapon and then run to death match ?

You either die or get wiped.

The better gear is only useful if plan to surivie longer and need it for traveling great distances to help carry items that are only useful when you survive more than a few days.

Wipes on a regular basis just neuter that....or why even get a tent ? Tent is gone too...

Might as well go play BF4 u dont have to run around as much and u die just as often.

I imagine since patch .49 does not mention implementing the centralized loot system that they will wipe us all then too...which should come pretty soon I imagine

Edited by trev186

Wipes for the sake of wipes? How baseless.

Imagine how awesome it will be hitting NWAF on a full server the night that we all get wiped... Glorious

Imagine how awesome it will be hitting NWAF on a full server the night that we all get wiped... Glorious

No one will be up there it will all be the NE .....why run to NWAF ? only reason to go here is loot......always more players NE so my as well go there for the war.

Who cares about being punished.

If it eliminates all of the hacked mags then that alone is worth the tiny bit of effort that some players would have to go through to regear.

Keep you eye on the prize guys you are all testing that comes before actually enjoying the game.

I am willing to put down real cash that within a month the hackers are running AMOK again...

Had the tents not duped stuff beyond the point of control there wouldn't be a wipe..

My tent had created over 100 yellow protector cases before that server went down...it was a sea of yellow out there man....

This get rid of hacked mags thing is only temporary they will be back...

A character wipe should of been done a long time ago and on a more frequent basis but whether it was done then or is going to be done soon, is really not much of a muchness.

It is what it is and some of the excuses as to why it shouldn't happen are absolutely ridiculous at best. It's not being done for just hacked mags it's also being done for corrupt characters and duplicated items and ammunition.

So the people who had tents and items duped within them will have to kiss their duped stash goodbye, maybe the people who are against the wipe are the ones the wipe is aimed at. Just sayin.

You missed the most important parts:

Thank god they're going to blow it all away. All of that crap, nuke it! YES!!! *happy dance*

Last night I was approaching Novo and I kept hearing M4 shots, very rythmic, as if they were doing it to a drum beat. After hearing about the 200th shot in a row I turned around and headed the other direction. I just cannot stand people with infinite ammo, and it's always the douches with M4's. Maybe because M4 mags are vulnerable to it where others aren't? I dunno, I just know I'm going to be VERY happy when this hits, and I imagine most others will be as well. Good night hackers, dupers, and identical twin clans who so obviously dupe gear each other up! Your time draws near, let's see how you fair living like the rest of us who try to keep it legit. Your aggressive corpse cannon ways are going to need some re-evaluating.

i HAVE seen hacked sks clips, and they werent infinate, it was like 10/99 bullets or something, so i just put it in a shot them all, pretty funny XD

• Like 1

A character wipe should of been done a long time ago and on a more frequent basis but whether it was done then or is going to be done soon, is really not much of a muchness.

It is what it is and some of the excuses as to why it shouldn't happen are absolutely ridiculous at best. It's not being done for just hacked mags it's also being done for corrupt characters and duplicated items and ammunition.

So the people who had tents and items duped within them will have to kiss their duped stash goodbye, maybe the people who are against the wipe are the ones the wipe is aimed at. Just sayin.

Yes everyone who does not share your opinion is a hacker or exploiter

The same way everytime somone kills another player who had an M4 is a duper and the only people who kill them are hackers.

It's in the alpha disclaimer.

Noone's getting punished, it'll take 2 hours (max) to get fully geared again, and for that we get to delete every hacked mag, all the duped gear, a whole bunch of shit. 

Yes some people have had their characters for months, and that's no small achievement, but your character can get deleted simply by bugging out when you log in, so.....

Edited by Capo

The game isn't finished. Wipes should and will be a regular thing to happen leading up to full release.

Also as with anything in dayz, never get attached to your gear. You WILL lose it eventually.