cels

Chatacter wipe next stable build(.49) possible

Yes everyone who does not share your opinion is a hacker or exploiter

The same way everytime somone kills another player who had an M4 is a duper and the only people who kill them are hackers.

Well to be honest mate, people who are legit shouldn't have a problem with a wipe because they would understand it's for the greater good. Not just because.

On persistent servers every item is stored in the db. Which means every item will have been given a unique identifier (its a requirement of a db). Why then is the system simply not checking if the item ID exists before being displayed?

They've got to considering this already if they intend on limiting the number of SVDs (for example) that are globally available

oh man , wiped clean ??? but i just found a sexy new orange raincoat , some purple sneakers n violet short pants dang nabit !! :D

I already jhad fckn 4 character wipes in 2 days. It's nothing new dude. No need to post a new thread to mention it. 

I do not play dayz because I'm a game tester, I play because I'm a video game player. If they want me to test the game for them, they best pay me LOL

either I misunderstood what you mean here (that's a high possibility) or you misunderstood what you paid for..,

Well to be honest mate, people who are legit shouldn't have a problem with a wipe because they would understand it's for the greater good. Not just because.

In the Final version I would be pretty frustrated if my survivor got reset but in Alpha or even Beta its to be expected. I would rather be estranged if we would enter Beta with not a single reset happening before. Also in Beta resets should/might be even more common for testing of altered game mechanics.

I remember when Wargaming reset everyone when World of Tanks came out of Beta. It was inevitable, but it also represented a massive waste of player hours in playing a very tier/tree oriented game. No one batted an eyelid, because we had a game that worked damn near perfectly.

I remember when Wargaming reset everyone when World of Tanks came out of Beta. It was inevitable, but it also represented a massive waste of player hours in playing a very tier/tree oriented game. No one batted an eyelid, because we had a game that worked damn near perfectly.

But then everyone was given a limited edition tank for their efforts, and no players paid any money. We were testers in the purest form and rewarded for our work.

because people who just dupe to have enough ammo to combat live script teleporters, etc.... will be handicapped.

RATIONALIZATION ALERT

I prefer option 3, hide he bodies with duped equipment after I kill guys with yellow containers of inception grenades and mags with 1.29 x 10bullets in them using the shotgun I just found.

it think the reset isn't nessecary. if they fix it. the dupers will die and then they have to loot like everybody else. people who really looted loose much more and it's a bigger punishment for everyone who plays fair than for dupers or hackers. just my opinion

On persistent servers every item is stored in the db. Which means every item will have been given a unique identifier (its a requirement of a db). Why then is the system simply not checking if the item ID exists before being displayed?

They've got to considering this already if they intend on limiting the number of SVDs (for example) that are globally available

It is by no means necessary to have unique identifier in a DB (It is a good idea though) also checking an item against a set of player based items is so much more efficient vs checking every item vs

all existing items ever. Those are DB queries that would handle way to much data to be efficient.

either I misunderstood what you mean here (that's a high possibility) or you misunderstood what you paid for..,

Do you know anything about video game development? I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that. There is a good reason I said what I said.

Let me tell you. Normally when a game is being developed there is phases. There milestones conception, alpha and beta then release. Normally during alpha the public knows little about the game other then an ad campaign. Normally during this phase they will have a team of STEs or game testers normally quite well to test the game for them. They build data bases and log bugs. Then the developers fix. Then during BETA they will then release free copys to unpaid Beta testers. After that comes release.Its really rare to see a game like DayZ SA were they are selling copys before the game is finished. Its still in alpha! My feelings about this method are quite mixed to be really honest. The reason is the charging money for an incomplete game. Were having to deal with the growing pains of a game being built, which in all honesty I really don't think they should be charging money for. The only thing in my mind that makes it slightly excusable is the fact it is almost like an indie, and its kind of an unlikely success that came about from a game mod. If it wasn't for that it would be complete BS. That's why my patience with stable problems wares thin really fast. Experimental I expect to have issues that's no problem, its understandable. BUT they should at the min have "stable" be functional, and playable. To have it with serous game play bugs rendering not fun, is a dis service to there player base. Its the truth.

So no I'm not there game tester. I play to play.   

Edited by CJFlint

Do you know anything about video game development? I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that.

Let me give you an quick education. Normally when a game is being developed there is phases. There milestones conception, alpha and beta then release. Normally during alpha the public knows little about the game other then an ad campaign. Normally during this phase they will have a team of STEs or game testers normally quite well to test the game for them. They build data bases and log bugs. Then the developers fix. Then during BETA they will then release free copys to unpaid Beta testers. After that comes release.Its really rare to see a game like DayZ SA were they are selling copys before the game is finished. Its still in alpha! My feelings about this method are quite mixed to be really honest. The reason is the charging money for an incomplete game. Were having to deal with the growing pains of a game being built, which in all honesty I really don't think they should be charging money for. The only thing in my mind that makes it slightly excusable is the fact it is an indie game, and its kind of an unlikely success that came about from a game mod. If it wasn't for that it would be complete BS. That's why my patience with stable problems wares thin really fast. They should at the min have "stable" be functional, and playable. To have it with serous game play bugs rendering not fun, is a dis service to there player base. Its the truth.

So no I'm not there game tester! I play to play.   

You were warned not to buy the damn game.  From the store page PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME

You were warned not to buy the damn game.  From the store page PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME

My point is they should have stable be playable simple as that! I do not want to here any of this "its alpha get over it" stuff. Stable is pretty bad right now, that's pretty lame. Minor bugs I look past, but there is serous bugs in stable currently. There's no excuse for it. Experimental its more understandable to have issues.

Edited by CJFlint

My point is they should have stable be playable simple as that! I do not want to here any of this "its alpha get over it" stuff. Stable is pretty bad right now, that's pretty lame. Minor bugs I look past, but there is serous bugs in stable currently. There's no excuse for it. Experimental its more understandable to have issues.

You have no point.  The game is in alpha whether you like it or not.

You have no point.  The game is in alpha whether you like it or not.

Stable should be functional, playable, enjoyable for what it is and free of serous bugs period. I not going to fight with you all day about it. If you think its ok then quite frankly that's on you. I don't. 

Stable should be functional, playable, enjoyable for what it is and free of serous bugs period. I not going to fight with you all day about it. If you think its ok then quite frankly that's on you. I don't. 

There is nothing to fight about.  You bought a game without reading what you were buying into, plain and simple, and now you are here on the forums bitching about what  you didn't read.

There is nothing to fight about.  You bought a game without reading what you were buying into, plain and simple, and now you are here on the forums bitching about what  you didn't read.

I do quite honestly. Stable currently is not worth playing, it has terrible bugs since .47 and .48. I say it again experimental is understandable to have game bugs...what ever not in stable. It's even understandable to have minor bugs, so long as its play.

If you find it ok that quite frankly that's your problem. I serous don't want to hear your "Its Alpha Get Over It" BS. I know better. I'm not going to debate about it. If they keep this up with stable in it's current stable DayZ SA will get a bad rep really fast and fail. There's already a knock off out, they better get there shit together. I really don't want to see it fail one bit, that's why I mention this stuff. I certainly hope .49 irons out allot of this. 

Edited by CJFlint

I do quite honestly. Stable currently is not worth playing, it has terrible bugs since .47 and .48. I say it again experimental is understandable to have game bugs...what ever not in stable. It's even understandable to have minor bugs, so long as its play.

If you find it ok that quite frankly that's your problem. I serous don't want to hear your "Its Alpha Get Over It" BS. I know better. I'm not going to debate about it. If they keep this up with stable in it's current stable DayZ SA will get a bad rep really fast and fail. There's already a knock off out, they better get there shit together. I really don't want to see it fail one bit, that's why I mention this stuff.

Mentioning it on the forums is pointless and gets you nowhere.  They have a bug tracker for a reason.  I have zero issues with the stable build.  I've climbed all towers, building and stairs without ever dying a horrible death.  I have not once encountered these out of control hackers.  Nor have I ever run into an invisible zombie.   If you can't handle playing a game that is in alpha I suggest you take a break from the game and wait until beta because you obviously cannot handle it.

• Like 3

Mentioning it on the forums is pointless and gets you nowhere.  They have a bug tracker for a reason.  I have zero issues with the stable build.  I've climbed all towers, building and stairs without ever dying a horrible death.  I have not once encountered these out of control hackers.  Nor have I ever run into an invisible zombie.   If you can't handle playing a game that is in alpha I suggest you take a break from the game and wait until beta because you obviously cannot handle it.

Your just a troll! I already did take a break LOL I have only played it 3 times since .47 to be honest. Its lame in its current state, due to bugs nothing more. I enjoyed it all the way til .46. Give me an Fing break with that can't handle it BS, I have played DayZ for 100s of hours now through several patches. These are the worst ones...with bugs 

I see it one way you see it another...I'm not responding to anymore of your comments ya troll you. 

Edited by CJFlint

Do you know anything about video game development? I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that. There is a good reason I said what I said.

Let me tell you. Normally when a game is being developed there is phases. There milestones conception, alpha and beta then release. Normally during alpha the public knows little about the game other then an ad campaign. Normally during this phase they will have a team of STEs or game testers normally quite well to test the game for them. They build data bases and log bugs. Then the developers fix. Then during BETA they will then release free copys to unpaid Beta testers. After that comes release.Its really rare to see a game like DayZ SA were they are selling copys before the game is finished. Its still in alpha! My feelings about this method are quite mixed to be really honest. The reason is the charging money for an incomplete game. Were having to deal with the growing pains of a game being built, which in all honesty I really don't think they should be charging money for. The only thing in my mind that makes it slightly excusable is the fact it is almost like an indie, and its kind of an unlikely success that came about from a game mod. If it wasn't for that it would be complete BS. That's why my patience with stable problems wares thin really fast. Experimental I expect to have issues that's no problem, its understandable. BUT they should at the min have "stable" be functional, and playable. To have it with serous game play bugs rendering not fun, is a dis service to there player base. Its the truth.

So no I'm not there game tester. I play to play.

Agreed. If dayz alpha was free, there would have been more incentive to improve the game in order to sell an improved product. Now we all agreed to buy the alpha and I have enjoyed getting to play it. I mostly agreed only because it was such a pain in the ass to play the mod due to weekly complicated manual updating of files.

I also believed there would be less cheating of teleporters that really ruined the mod in the alpha stand alone.

So here we are and there are still teleporters and the core problems have not changed. The navmesh is a step in the right direction, but hardly puts a dent in zed problems. So back to the OP.... This character wipe has nothing to do with fixing core problems. Until I stop seeing teleporters on half of the full servers I play on..... This character wipe does not impress me as a way to address cheating.

Essentially, the devs are going to hit the "delete button" instead of writing some new code and putting 100% into preventing the rampant cheating in the first place.

And 98% of everyone here is just accepting it as some amazing answer to everything.

Edited by hothtimeblues

Agreed. If dayz alpha was free, there would have been more incentive to improve the game in order to sell an improved product. Now we all agreed to buy the alpha and I have enjoyed getting to play it. I mostly agreed only because it was such a pain in the ass to play the mod due to weekly complicated manual updating of files.

I also believed there would be less cheating of teleporters that really ruined the mod in the alpha stand alone.

So here we are and there are still teleporters and the core problems have not changed. The navmesh is a step in the right direction, but hardly puts a dent in zed problems. So back to the OP.... This character wipe has nothing to do with fixing core problems. Until I stop seeing teleporters on half of the full servers I play on..... This character wipe does not impress me as a way to address cheating.

Sure.

I it does really need to be corrected. You see what I'm seeing. I don't say anything because I hate DayZ or don't like playing it. I love playing DayZ SA and the arma/ofp series. That's why I bring it up. I think people get the wrong impression sometimes.

Sure.

I it does really need to be corrected. You see what I'm seeing. I don't say anything because I hate DayZ or don't like playing it. I love playing DayZ SA and the arma/ofp series. That's why I bring it up. I think people get the wrong impression sometimes.

Yeah same here. Its mostly my fault because I make my point while being a asshole. I need to change that. But my above post is much better and to the point. Much like when Im in the dayz game, i let my emotions control me.