nl

in-game server name

I know this has been touched before but now that persistent items are being tested I think it's all the more important we can somehow see the server name we play on while being ON that server.

Of course you could make a note before you join a server but, at least with me, it happens often that I forget.

Even better would be a system with which I could make notes, attached to the server I play on, and a way to read these notes on the main login screen and a way to quick connect to the server the note was made on.

• Like 4

You can find the last server that you joined by going into My Documents/DayZ/ "your name" DayZPROFILE.

Scroll down until you find these two lines (nearly all the way down)...

lastMPServer= "ip address";
lastMPServerName="DayZ "server name"

Not what you are asking for but may help.

• Like 2

i agree with you!
or if just the last visited server would be in the correct order, that would be nice too!

Edit:

You can find the last server that you joined by going into My Documents [...].

oh nice to know.
thx man :thumbsup: B)

Edited by 7R0J4N

You can find the last server that you joined by going into My Documents/DayZ/ "your name" DayZPROFILE.

Scroll down until you find these two lines (nearly all the way down)...

lastMPServer= "ip address";

lastMPServerName="DayZ "server name"

Not what you are asking for but may help.

Nice, I didn't know and indeed may help. Would be nice if it was an in-game feature though.

it seems like it would be something that wouldn't be too difficult to add to the "p" menu as that menu gets all of its information from the server, why not the server identifier as well?

it seems like it would be something that wouldn't be too difficult to add to the "p" menu as that menu gets all of its information from the server, why not the server identifier as well?

Indeed, or maybe at least in the in-game notification box, they seem to have server messages enabled too, like "this server will restart in 5 minutes".

or if just the last visited server would be in the correct order, that would be nice too!

^^this. I don't know how others see it, but the history is useless for me when the entries are not ordered historically.

• Like 1