barnabus

I want this

I want a bike.

Oh come on, you KNOW you want a tracked UAZ.  I mean only my wife wouldn't want this.  And if it was amphibious, oh  man, I would not have to suffer with H1 and I could beach assault my way in to work at Waikiki.   

I want a BRM-1K with advanced optics, long range radio equipment, 73mm 2A48 Grom cannon and PKT medium machinegun. All with room for seven fellow comrades in the back.

But they would whine. "ew, it's about survival!" Well, fuck em. Give us our BRM, Bohemia!

• Like 1

I want frames per second...

You have frames per second. All 3 of them.

At first I thought this topic was suggesting a UAZ on train tracks. I hope I'm not the only one...

A tracked UAZ would be neat, maybe as a direct upgrade from regular wheels that allows for faster speeds offroad or something. That is assuming that there will be UAZs in-game. Surely there must be.

I want a BRM-1K with advanced optics, long range radio equipment, 73mm 2A48 Grom cannon and PKT medium machinegun. All with room for seven fellow comrades in the back.

But they would whine. "ew, it's about survival!" Well, fuck em. Give us our BRM, Bohemia!

No way man. BMDs are the cool way to be.

Amphibious airborne APC.

BMD-3_1.jpg

Not to be a total spoilsport, but... what do you do if a track snaps?

They don't usually snap, but they can miss the guides and fall off, then you have to guide it back in place.  If they do snap then you replace the broken link with a new one or let off some pressure and remove the broken one, relink the affected track, tighten her back up and off you go.  Too easy.

• Like 1

They don't usually snap, but they can miss the guides and fall off, then you have to guide it back in place.  If they do snap then you replace the broken link with a new one or let off some pressure and remove the broken one, relink the affected track, tighten her back up and off you go.  Too easy.

Thinking more of what you'd do if that happens in a survival-situation, but alright  :beans:

Thinking more of what you'd do if that happens in a survival-situation, but alright  :beans:

Well, if you are gonna have one of these things you should have some mechanical ability.  Doesn't amtter much if there are zeds around or not, if one of these breaks on you you would usually be some place that is miles and miles away from the nearest garage.  Tracked vehicle crews are usually proficient at this kind of thing just for that reason.

Well, if you are gonna have one of these things you should have some mechanical ability.  Doesn't amtter much if there are zeds around or not, if one of these breaks on you you would usually be some place that is miles and miles away from the nearest garage.  Tracked vehicle crews are usually proficient at this kind of thing just for that reason.

Yeah, I remember watching a crew tightening the track of a Volvo BV 206 on an exercise, I was amazed at the pure speed they did it with.

• Like 1

Not to be a total spoilsport, but... what do you do if a track snaps?

knowing DayZ, your legs break and you die moments later.

You can have that stuff in Fallen Earth.

Thanks for the useless info sport but I don't want to play Fallen Earth and I really don't give a shit about putting vehicles of any kind into DayZ. In fact I think the idea sucks for a lot of reasons. Most notably maintenance and locating good fuel to burn. Un-stabilized gasoline breaks down to shit in 3 to 6 months. Un-stabilized Diesel lasts about twice that long. And finding quantities of good JP-8 for helicopters should be a real bitch. A Bell206 light helicopter has a fuel capacity of 110 gallons ( 22 Jerry cans) on which it can travel about 600 kilometers.  

Bell206_5.jpg

Some people whine for DayZ helicopters but choppers are some of the most maintenance intensive machines around and if an owner is disconnected from a supply system his little bird wont be flying for long. 

And as for a tracked UAZ I might make an exception because as absurd as the notion of vehicles in DayZ is the UAZ looks cool. But Jesus, what a bullet magnet they would be  :lol:

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Thanks for the useless info sport but I don't want to play Fallen Earth and I really don't give a shit about putting vehicles of any kind into DayZ.  "snip"

Yer welcome, anything I can do to help. 

How do you feel about tents Mr. Barnabus? Personally I'd rather see a folding shovel enter the game with which you can dig a hole and stash some gear and camouflage it. Equipment needed, the shovel, a few big garbage bags, and enough of a memory to remember where you stashed your treasure..