boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Yes, extra weapon. 

If you carry a second gun, when you log in you drop it automatically . 0.48

So if you log out in a bush, it will be damned hard to find when you log in.

Don't go anywhere, lie down and look around, you may find it.

This means you can't log out in cover, in fact (maybe in a building also).  Not good.

Also - if you drink a full canteen, either the 'Cancel Action' option does not end (stays till next action, or till you cancel)

or you throw yourself flat on your face when you finish

not a ping problem, happens with low ping

anyone else ?

Edited by pilgrim

Also - if you drink a full canteen, either the 'Cancel Action' option does not end (stays till next action, or till you cancel)

or you throw yourself flat on your face when you finish

First one happens a lot to me. Second one hasn't happened yet, but it's a known bug (it's in the changelog)

• Like 1

In our community we lost 2 characters today:

We were playing, when the server restarted (lost connection, and the timer going up). Upon login in back in the same server, my character and a friend's character were gone. A fresh spawn. Tried login in in different servers, but the new characters were loaded, and the old ones gone.

This is quite a gamebreaker bug.

• Like 2

Just look this like someone shot you and you died. This is DayZ SA Alpha, i you should love it. :)

I don't mind that i fell through the floor and got stuck 2 days ago, i don't mind that i climbed to a wall in a castle and i get a message that i am dead, i dont mind that zombies ruin my vest and make me use whole packs of bandages. :)

You can't break something that isn't a game yet.

If you think you should leave the DayZ community, you probably should.

I fully expect my character to be wiped every time I log in.

The time I accidentally wiped all of my Super Monkey Ball replays and Smash Bros data?

Now that was tragic.....

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining. I know this is alpha, and what that means. I'm just exposing what happened to 2 of us, so that the issue is addressed.

Cheers.

so i was on official server after a server reset. there was only one Tomato in berezino. nearly every bulding was empty. kinda shitty...

If you carry a second gun, when you log in you drop it automatically . 0.48

My second gun always stay on my hand when i log back in.

In our community we lost 2 characters today:

We were playing, when the server restarted (lost connection, and the timer going up). Upon login in back in the same server, my character and a friend's character were gone. A fresh spawn. Tried login in in different servers, but the new characters were loaded, and the old ones gone.

This is quite a gamebreaker bug.

I've never had it happen to me until .48 and it happen 3 times. I know it's an alpha but having it happen back to back to back was brutal.

so i was on official server after a server reset. there was only one Tomato in berezino. nearly every bulding was empty. kinda shitty...

Considering that official servers are full, why would you go on official servers when you have plenty empty servers with a lot of food?

My second gun always stay on my hand when i log back in.

mine never.. tried with 2 different main guns, mosin and M4, one always drops when I log in. My character makes the shouldering movement as I arrive, then the gun is on the ground.

What guns ?

edit: It looks like - If you don't touch anything until you are completely in the game, then you keep the gun in your hand

If you touch any key before you are properly logged in, like if you move forward one pace for instance, then you drop your gun.

Edited by pilgrim

mine never.. tried with 2 different main guns, mosin and M4, one always drops when I log in. My character makes the shouldering movement as I arrive, then the gun is on the ground.

What guns ?

Sks, havent tested mosin or m4.

..and shotgun stays too.

Edited by fear91fin

Considering that official servers are full, why would you go on official servers when you have plenty empty servers with a lot of food?

1st this server wasnt full, 7 people on it.

i wanted to test this persistent shit, find some tents etc. yeah and i was looking for food on my way, cos i was hungry.

Edited by newguyzombie

Maybe there was only 7 persons on it when you played, but it doesn't mean that there wasn't 30 to 40 players at another time of the day. So basically if so much people play on a persistent server, of course you won't find much more than a tomato in Berezino. If you are that hungry why don't you eat berries?

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 1

Hi.

Yesterday my character got reset 3 times when i logged out of one server and into another.

The same happend to me at my first logout today.

First i thought i was unlucky, and that it probably was someone who killed me after logout, but 4 times, in a row..  i dont think so..

Anyone else has character reset issues?

Hi.

Yesterday my character got reset 3 times when i logged out of one server and into another.

First i thought i was unlucky, and that it probably was someone who killed me after logout, but 4 times, in a row..  i dont think so..

Yes, I logged out then and to another and it was back again. Three times today

Edited by LazyPoet91

Hi.

Yes, I logged out then and to another and it was back again. Three times today

Yeah, that happend to me the first time i logged out.. i logged in, saw i was a freshspawn, so i logged out againa and on the next server my dude was back with all the gear.

But the 2nd and 3rd time yesterday, i tried to log out and inn several times on different servers to see if i got my gear back, but i didnt, so i just went to bed.

Today i logged inn, looted for an hour, logged out, and got back in as a fresh spawn again.. logged out to test a different server, but still a fresh spawn..

I love that they fixed the glitching true walls, but that is nothing compared to a character reset bug..