boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Well, I climbed down from my deer stand today to take a look around.....

First thing I noticed was the lag spikes, never really had an issue with them before, but now WOW they happen a whole lot more.

Next thing was the city LAG, as soon as I started rendering the city (any city, I went to five) my rig started chugging, very low fps.

Before patch DayZ = Ultra setting no lag at all, anywhere. This patch lol I don't know what they did, but its chewing my fps up big time. :huh:

specs... i7-4770S @ 3.10 GHz (RAM) 16 GB --- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Its ALPHA BABY!!! :lol: I can live with it lol

sooooooo anyone else having this problem?

what do you mean with "no lag @ ultra settings before patch" ?

Just curious. How many fps did you get on ultra in big cities before patch ?

what do you mean with "no lag @ ultra settings before patch" ?

Just curious. How many fps did you get on ultra in big cities before patch ?

Don't really know bud, all I know is that in city's before patch I never noticed any lag at all, Smooth as a baby's ass so to speak

now...its very noticeable.. playing right now on a low pop server to check again, before I was in a med pop (17 people) so we'll see :D

Killed a crouch zombie with a blaze and it's corpse continued to attack me after i'd killed it. I killed a normal running zombie with an axe after that which stayed dead, but was eventually killed by the zombie i'd killed.

Don't really know bud, all I know is that in city's before patch I never noticed any lag at all, Smooth as a baby's ass so to speak

now...its very noticeable.. playing right now on a low pop server to check again, before I was in a med pop (17 people) so we'll see :D

i just asked cause i play with a 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz and 2 780 ti's in SLI (which of course day z SA does not support).

In big cities like electro i get normally 20-30 fps.... and that totally is not smooth at all.

it's just not possible to play this game smooth.... doesn't really matter what your hardware setup is all about...

since this morning, whenever I drink from a canteen, my character goes fully prone when he's done.

so I was drinking, and a zombie shows up.  I cancel drinking to defend myself.  my character slowly and carefully puts the canteen away and lies down.  that's this patch's f**k the game moment.

Well, I climbed down from my deer stand today to take a look around.....

First thing I noticed was the lag spikes, never really had an issue with them before, but now WOW they happen a whole lot more.

Next thing was the city LAG, as soon as I started rendering the city (any city, I went to five) my rig started chugging, very low fps.

Before patch DayZ = Ultra setting no lag at all, anywhere. This patch lol I don't know what they did, but its chewing my fps up big time. :huh:

specs... i7-4770S @ 3.10 GHz (RAM) 16 GB --- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Its ALPHA BABY!!! :lol: I can live with it lol

sooooooo anyone else having this problem?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Have a i5-4670K with a 660TI & 8GB ram. I usually run on medium-high settings with little to no problem but since this last patch FPS takes a huge dive when I'm near big cities to the point that it's pretty much unplayable. Turning down my settings helps a bit but for the most part I've just been avoiding the larger cities.

Edited by solodude23

Funny how people come on to complain! even with the bugs this game is by far the best game on the market right now , if you don't like it don't play it simple as that ;)

I'll try to keep the nerd rage toned down here....

anybody else get a *perfectly* (seriously perfect, been working on him over a week getting ready for persistence) geared hardcore toon just eaten. totally just wiped and a new character in its place?

happened during a server restart. was outside in a shed looking for tent when BAM!!! server reset.

so i think, no biggie, quit out, load into another server. aaaannnd new toon. 

fml god damn it. like instant mashed potatoes. just add time loss for no good reason, and you have a recipe for some seriously tasty object throwing nerd rage. you don't even have to heat it.

Edited by FalloutPrime

I'm guessing nobody is ever going to craft arrows with how rare chickens are

I'm also pretty pissed at how persistence is only on bi servers, hopefully we get persistence by the end of the month.

Well that's fanfucking tastic, had our camp (4 tents) all full of food/Ammunition (200+ sks, 100+ M4) rounds, including a fully kitted M4 that i'd saved waiting for persistence, including a fully kitted AK101, only to find out oh.. Sorry! Persistence working on OUR servers, why deploy the hot fix and state that "Persistence" now "Works" if it's only on certain servers? Waste of my fucking time, this is why i avoided playing the game for 3 months because of half assed patches, 'Great' work ONCE again guys, i'm surprised Sony even want your game ported over to their console, i'd imagine if they played it they would laugh at the idea of it being ported.

• Like 2

Here's a little tip... Don't say it works, unless it works 100%, across all servers, because it makes the grind a complete an utter waste of time, and it's dishonest saying it works, when 90% of gamers don't use official forums, try putting a little steam thread up telling people not to bother with tents unless they're playing on a BI server, because this is a joke.

Edited by Aj90lfc

So no Major Problems with this Version here,

but I'm really annoyed by the new fast Forward crouch Sound.

This is totally ridicoulous, it sounds like my guy is doing a step Dance!!!

Strange Thing, not on all ground types there is a step Dance....

Here's a little tip... Don't say it works, unless it works 100%, across all servers, because it's the grind a complete an utter waste of time, and it's dishonest saying it works, when 90% of gamers don't use official forums, try putting a little steam thread up telling people not to bother with tents unless they're playing on a BI server, because this is a joke.

First off not their fault you can't or won't take the time to read either A. the forums, or B. (if you dont like the forums) the Standalone official website. 

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-11-august-14

Its commonsense to read the patch notes and changelog considering that this IS an Alpha (feels more like beta to me) game. 

• Like 4

Here's a little tip... Don't say it works, unless it works 100%, across all servers, because it makes the grind a complete an utter waste of time, and it's dishonest saying it works, when 90% of gamers don't use official forums, try putting a little steam thread up telling people not to bother with tents unless they're playing on a BI server, because this is a joke.

They made quite clear that persistence works only on official servers.

• Like 3

For all the people complaining about the FPS, it will not get better till they release new renderer and it will take alot of times because they should do this one really good and it will take a huge coding :)

And about this guy complaining about tents, he is right completely they [i mean they should mentioned it at steam]

and why you guy don't put another animation for climbing up mountains ? :O 

Edited by VahidkinG

Don't say it works, unless it works 100%, across all servers

God, Alpha. WE are the ones who try out if it works or not. Also, read more carefully. Everything you complained about was mentioned in the changelog.

I hate to be the carebear, but who expects a brandnew feature in an alpha to work 100% ?

• Like 1

How did they supposedly make this "clear" posting it on a forum where only a minority of people check? Would it seriously hurt for them to post it on Steam news section? Because when you read it, a highlight is "The Promise for persistent storage" which as well knew didn't work, correct? you play experimental, it works, and you think "Great, can't wait to play it on stable!" only to randomly find out you lost 4 tents worth of shit, to wonder why an go on the forum an find out that only a minority were told that it's "BI servers only" you call that honest work?

And a quick FYI; i did read the changelog, the second it was put up when the thread was locked with 5 comments, and not a single thing was mentioned about persistence only working on Bi servers, and this thread/changelog was made 11 hours ago when i checked it (Before it was revised about only BI servers having persistence)

Edited by Aj90lfc

God, Alpha. WE are the ones who try out if it works or not. Also, read more carefully. Everything you complained about was mentioned in the changelog.

I hate to be the carebear, but who expects a brandnew feature in an alpha to work 100% ?

When it was implemented which didn't work, to then tested on XP an worked, then ported over to stable, you expect it to work on ALL servers, not a minority.

Well that's fanfucking tastic, had our camp (4 tents) all full of food/Ammunition (200+ sks, 100+ M4) rounds, including a fully kitted M4 that i'd saved waiting for persistence, including a fully kitted AK101, only to find out oh.. Sorry! Persistence working on OUR servers, why deploy the hot fix and state that "Persistence" now "Works" if it's only on certain servers? Waste of my fucking time, this is why i avoided playing the game for 3 months because of half assed patches, 'Great' work ONCE again guys, i'm surprised Sony even want your game ported over to their console, i'd imagine if they played it they would laugh at the idea of it being ported.

Others answered you before, linked the dev blog. It says: "and the introduction of persistent storage to official (DayZ dev hosted) stable branch servers".

I don't see any claim of working persistance in steam, I looked there just because of you just now. Where on steam did they say that persistance is working on stable and not mention that it only works on the BI servers?

EDIT: You were faster, the steam article says: 2

DayZ stable patch brings new features, the promise of imminent item persistence"

imminent = not here yet.

Edited by bautschi

When it was implemented which didn't work, to then tested on XP an worked, then ported over to stable, you expect it to work on ALL servers, not a minority.

Read the latest status report. That explains why its not on every server and why it is like that. And - most importantly - tells you which server run persistant storage and how to find them.

• Like 2

:lol: Why don't you actually read before complaining...

• Like 2

Could you kindly stop fucking lick dayz devs and open your fucking eyes ? 

The problem is not your opinion, this is the current stable discussion. I should know, Boneboys hid two of my comments just yesterday. You simply rant, certainly not constructive in any way.

There is a pinned threat for you where your comments fit: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

Go there, but this is supposted to be a constructive discussion about the current stable release. If I have my eyes open or not according to your wishes doesn't matter. I don't know what happened to your backpack, write that here, but put your ranting about PS4, ... in that threat, please.

Now something constructive: +1 character reset at server restart

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 3

Now those zombie bastards can ruin your backpack too... Why???? This is the most stupid thing ever. 

Edited by Karakoz