nishka

Player spawn is the cause of all evil

I am sick of spawning on the east. I am sick of Berezino and Krasnostav

I have never spawned in Komarowo for exaplme, where I always ended up in the mod

Why cant we spawn in random places on the whole map? This would relax Berezino warzone and repopolate forgotten areas.

Or maybe its just me who always spawns on the eastern coast. 

• Like 8

I have never spawned in Komarowo for exaplme, where I always ended up in the mod

Why cant we spawn in random places on the whole map? This would relax Berezino warzone and repopolate forgotten areas.

Spawning on the east cost is a feature. All the military bases are in the west region of the map and therefore should be hard/annoying/time consuming to get to. Get used to it because it's going to be this way for a while. If not, for ever.

• Like 4

Randomized spawning all over the map not only the coast seems to be one of the most requested features.

Great idea too since it stops one of dayz biggest flaws repetition.

Keeping the spawning dynamic ensures the gameplay remains fluid who cares if some random persons random stash has a slightly higher chance of being discovered the game would benefit tenfold from random spawning.

• Like 5

don't  really know why they changed from spawning on the coasts, in the mod we would spawn from kamenka all the way to berezino. I also vote for random to spawn inland along with the old spawn setting, regardless if bolota is a proper base now, unless your running from kamanka to berezindo (which took 30 min or more) everything else take 20-25 if you don't get lost.

• Like 3

Well I can tell you in .48 experimental people are using the whole map from what I've seen. Even those out of the way loot spots are picked over in the far north and and center of the map. Over the last few days I've died a few times due to starvation because most of the food spots are empty even on low pop servers. So people are spreading out more, at least on experimental branch

• Like 3

Well I can tell you in .48 experimental people are using the whole map from what I've seen. Even those out of the way loot spots are picked over in the far north and and center of the map. Over the last few days I've died a few times due to starvation because most of the food spots are empty even on low pop servers. So people are spreading out more, at least on experimental branch

And this is what I like to hear. Looks like the world just got a lot harsher. :D

• Like 2

if (irritated with the coast) {

Move somewhere else;

}

I miss Cherno, I miss the action that we got there. I understand that we spawn in the east coast now because it's supposed to be further away from the military bases but the fact is that people just got get looted up west, go east and die. I've seen squads fully geared in Berezino than in the NWAF lately. The spawns atm are terrible. Random spawns throughout the map is the fix imo.

• Like 2

I too wish for random spawns, but as a long-time player of both the mod and the Standalone, I understand why we may never see this feature ever come to fruition. Simply put, there is currently very little to do in this game. It is getting better, but basically all there is to do is loot and kill people. That being said, I sincerely doubt that the devs want a player to spawn next to NWAF as a fresh spawn, get geared up, and go wreak havoc in a matter of minutes. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

me too I would like spawn to be more random anyplace on map is possible I AM ALWAYS IN THE BEREZINO AIRPORT AREA AND MANY TIME I AM SEE PLAYER AROUND WITH AKM FOR KILL THE FRASH SPAWN PLAYER please put spawn true random all around map in the bech in the forest in the felds in the city EVEN IN THE ISLANDS

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 1

And this is what I like to hear. Looks like the world just got a lot harsher. :D

Yup, you can still survive and find food. It may take scouring every building you come across but people get lazy when looting and stuff gets overlooked. People also scoff at searching for apples and berries but they will keep you alive in a pinch, also hunting/fishing have played a big role in my survival in .48 experimental. Zeds are plentiful, yes some of them still don't behave properly when interacting with walls and doors but overall it feels like the game is getting harsher

• Like 2

We spawn in the north-east for testing purposes. The devs are currently adding stuff to this part of the map, so they currently put us there so we can test the shit out of the new locations. I think that's the reason why they changed the NEAF too, because they want us to swarm out instead of all heading to a specific location. When the development moves further west, i do belive the spawns will do so too. Theres an almost void area between Gvodzno and Grishno perfectly made for spawnpoints.

Once they are done with map building, I'm sure they will reintroduce randomized spawns again.

• Like 5

Yup, you can still survive and find food. It may take scouring every building you come across but people get lazy when looting and stuff gets overlooked. People also scoff at searching for apples and berries but they will keep you alive in a pinch, also hunting/fishing have played a big role in my survival in .48 experimental. Zeds are plentiful, yes some of them still don't behave properly when interacting with walls and doors but overall it feels like the game is getting harsher

I like how you have two main options: Loot like a it's the end of the world ;) Or go about the natural way, berries and meat ftw. Plus more Zeds, that's a score, the more, the merrier. The only problem for me is the melee system, I'm horrible at fighting now xD

Why cant we spawn in random places on the whole map?

Because you are meant to travel and have some progress towards the "better" loot spawns. Also you don't want people to spawn close to military bases for example. People logging in there is bad enough (but unavoidable). The spawns being concentrated to one area makes the gameplay more interesting - especially once people stop staying there because of loot respawns. You can always use those feet you got. Way better than having (un)lucky spawns next to a military base.

But you are right about players spawns being the cause of evil: They spawn players and players in DayZ are evil thus you are right.

big no, ppl currently suicide in solnichny or krasno because they want a berezino spawn. This would result in suicides because they want a nwaf spawn. Ppl who want military gear should invest the time to either loot it or kill someone who has it.

• Like 3

I like the berezino more south east spawn points are needed to revitalize electro and cherno,

I once was an avid supporter of random spawns everywhere but unfortunately douchey people who think suiciding for 20 minutes takes less time than just running, ruin it.

Like suiciding in solnichny to get a berezino spawn? Come on that run takes 10 mins tops lol

The players and their tendency to exploit any weakness in programming is the cause of all evil. Until we have an enforceable age limit that allows only adults to play, or a complete re-working of human nature, this will always be a problem. Even a certain percentage of adults are full-fledged pieces of shit, so the latter is the only real solution. I want to be able to spawn near the west, but it will be exploited to the fullest if it is allowed. As for now, we're meant to spawn on the east for testing purposes. 

I really dislike the inland spawns we have now.

I think we should always start at the coast and work our way into the interior. It just feels better as a gameplay feature.

My ideal system would be completely random spawns on any part of the coast.

• Like 4

Spawning on the east cost is a feature. All the military bases are in the west region of the map and therefore should be hard/annoying/time consuming to get to. Get used to it because it's going to be this way for a while. If not, for ever.

I personally never understood this...it is so easy to get to any of these locations. Just point yourself in that direction and run. You're there within 15 - 20 minutes usually from anywhere you spawn now.

I'm all for random spawns. 

ppl go against inland spawn as if the devs would put a spawn point right on top of best looting areas. best distance would be 2-3 km away from any city or location, because if balanced right, even if your planning on going to your target destination 2-3 km is far enough to have anything happen to make you change your target location.

We spawn in the north-east for testing purposes. The devs are currently adding stuff to this part of the map, so they currently put us there so we can test the shit out of the new locations. I think that's the reason why they changed the NEAF too, because they want us to swarm out instead of all heading to a specific location. When the development moves further west, i do belive the spawns will do so too. Theres an almost void area between Gvodzno and Grishno perfectly made for spawnpoints.

Once they are done with map building, I'm sure they will reintroduce randomized spawns again.

This. We are testers. They want us to test. There are some pretty cool changes to buildings,streets and even trash lying around but we need to test and report them if there are bugs. That's most likely why there's no zombies in Novo right now too. So we go there. Meet me there, I've just found a sweet overwatch spot. ;)

Over the last few days I've died a few times due to starvation because most of the food spots are empty even on low pop servers. So people are spreading out more, at least on experimental branch

why dont you become a apple addict like the rest of us :D

I like how there is a place where everybody is. It seems that even in 40/40 player server there are not really people anywhere (except military bases). If we could get servers with 70 or 80 players and random spawns this would be fixed.

I agree. I think people should spawn all over. You can run from one edge of the map to the other in 20-30minutes. There are big loot zones in each corner of the map (except far SE but who cares) anyway.

Time to mix it up devs!!!

Edited by Calvin Candie