Sign in to follow this  
Catmouth

endgame zone

The game needs endgame objectives. After fully supplied there should be a dangerous zone where, if you are lucky to survive, you can find permanent loot, skillpoints or means to build a safehouse, pet or whatever. There could even be endgame "dungeons" where you need a fully geared team to enter after great preparations.

please read the roadmap before posting
and skillpoints&perma-loot

U SERIOUS.. ORLY ?

If there were no endgame objectives or content at all except staying alive, there would be little reason to play once fully equiped. The game would get a bigger community and competitive play if there wasa challenging endgame.

You're just pointing out that currently it's way too easy to acquire and maintain military-level equipment and that the environment isn't sufficiently dangerous.

No - the "endgame zone" should be the same as the normal world (thats needs to be more challenging on its own). Endgame objectives should be of the kind "takes a lot of effort and/or tools" passively requiring you to be geared and /or work in cooperation with other players. Something like finding and transporting parts of vehicles, finding tools to repair vehicles using said parts, actually repairing the vehicle without getting shot while doing so, finding and setting up fuel supply for your vehicle and then maintaining and defending it.

However, basebuilding and player cooperation might turn some areas into temporal (nothing is forever, your base should be able to be destroyed and your hoarded loot should be able to be stolen) "endgame zones" where you would need high level equipment, cooperation etc. to do something about it. In fact base building and base destruction would be a pretty good endgame mechanics as well.

Anyways there are other reasons to keep playing than "progress": You might go out to fight or hunt down other players or help them in their own progress by giving them equipment, trading or even protecting them. You might try to set up and enforce rules in cooperation with others (e.g. playing "Berezino Police Apartment") or other roleplay-related things. Or you might switch around your items, exploring the effects and the things you can or cannot do.

there is no 'endgame' in a survival open-world sandbox game.  It's up to you and your friends how you play.  It's a simulator of a hypothetical situation.  You don't gain 'skill points' in real life.  (Or at least, I don't...) 

• Like 1

For example a car could be one of the possible loots from the zombie rich endgame zone. If endgame is only about a bunch of retards running around killing eachother or sitting down down farting inside a tent for days people will not play for long.

there is no 'endgame' in a survival open-world sandbox game.  It's up to you and your friends how you play.  It's a simulator of a hypothetical situation.  You don't gain 'skill points' in real life.  (Or at least, I don't...)

Well its not exactly a sandbox game since you cant create anything, and the game is not that realistic anyway with the graphics, physics, and tons of other stuff. So your arguments are invalid.

In the end its up to the devs if they want a game that players can play for years or if its just a repetetive survive-die-respawn game that you put down after a month.

There is an end game. It ends when you die. Then you repeat.

Thats the point. Players dont want to repeat everything over and over again without any goals or progress.

The endgame is player versus player interactions.  And making Youtube videos.

Thats the point. Players dont want to repeat everything over and over again without any goals or progress.

The progress is surviving, the goal is to do that for a long time.

The progress is surviving, the goal is to do that for a long time.

Well then you could simply hide out in the woods after gathering food for a while. Sounds boring as shit.

The endgame is player versus player interactions.  And making Youtube videos.

So the end game is sitting down in a circle singing kumbaya with a bunch of nerds or shooting eachother for fun? While putting up millions of youtube videos?

Sounds retarded like most of the un constructive posts in this thread.

in future, if you have everything u want/can loot.. 
go make a tent camp & start horting stuff
i eagerly look forward barricading buildings or even build a base/fort 

and if that is not enough, start planting crops for your applefarm
just wait if cars or even choppers come and start a race  with friends.. be paitent..
wait and see..

for now whaere all that is not implemeted yet
i am off fishing with a friend near our campfire on our nighttimeserver ..

so long
good night

Sounds boring as shit.

and if you do not like camping.. go play in january when morde content for you actionguys are arround

So the end game is sitting down in a circle singing kumbaya with a bunch of nerds or shooting eachother for fun? While putting up millions of youtube videos?

Sounds retarded like most of the un constructive posts in this thread.

Try using the search function.  I started a topic just like this in General.  There's a 5 page discussion on it.  My opening post describes the endgame, as I see it, in detail.  

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/206032-the-dayz-endgame/

I could easily argue that your 3 sentence topic, that includes dungeons (FFS), is much more un constructive.

btw, separate, instance areas, with raid boss style content will never happen.

i can only say
this is not Call of Duty nor Warcraft

..luckily

this game is, for some, boring
for some it´s adrenaline when they hear the sound of footsteps

Edited by dawud
  • Like 2

in future, if you have everything u want/can loot.. 

go make a tent camp & start horting stuff

i eagerly look forward barricading buildings or even build a base/fort 

and if that is not enough, start planting crops for your applefarm

just wait if cars or even choppers come and start a race  with friends.. be paitent..

wait and see..

for now whaere all that is not implemeted yet

i am off fishing with a friend near our campfire on our nighttimeserver ..

so long

good night

Yes i agree farms, blockades and stuff would be fun. But imagine how frustrating it would be if you spend days building that and suddenly you get hit by sniper fire. All gone. Atleast they could have a locker room with number locks that only you can access even after death.

However getting those number lock priviliges could be loot from a difficult endgame run to a heavily zombie infested zone.

Well first they have to fix those retarded zombies that dont scare anyone.

i do not want to call you a pessimist, but .. i just think right now you are kind of fed up with that beta ;)
i think there WILL be numlocks like in the epoch mod

the idea of a "zombieinfested"/"special"zone where rare loot spwans is not one that i like..
every one would be there. why not..i mean there is the best loot ?

just make it spawn very very rare and you´r good to go

btw. i would build my base at a spot where snipers won´t hit me
an i do not think that the base will vanish when you got shot at.
or what did you want to say ?

The game needs endgame objectives. After fully supplied there should be a dangerous zone where, if you are lucky to survive, you can find permanent loot, skillpoints or means to build a safehouse, pet or whatever. There could even be endgame "dungeons" where you need a fully geared team to enter after great preparations.

There is no such thing as an endgame to dayZ, there is nothing to look forward to, you as a player cannot "win" this game.

• Like 2

You want an endgame? Add sleeping bags and barricading and traps. Respawn @ sleeping bags allows you to protect a base. You should be able to respawn @ tents, too.

With private shards this would become incredibly useful. Communities could form in towns.

The endgame zone is NWA, it get's increasingly dangerous there (atleast on hardcore). Squads are moving there again and play smartly.

Well then you could simply hide out in the woods after gathering food for a while. Sounds boring as shit.

I've seen this a lot during previous jobs, people who are actually upset by the idea of a sandbox title that does not force you into any specific gameplay or objective. A narrative, or defined "final goal" was needed for this specific type of person to even consider playing a game.

DayZ has no defined "end game" - the end objective is what you make it. If you choose to hide out in the woods and live off the land, that is your choice and it is a valid form of gameplay. However, if you seek to acquire the deadliest of weapons, or build your campsite up out in the woods and hunt vehicles, it is -also- entirely valid.

Perhaps you want to live on the coast, murdering and eating the survivors you come across, yup you guessed it, valid form of gameplay.

It is entirely possible that DayZ by its very nature is not the type of game for you, and that is entirely okay. You cannot be everything, for everyone. :)

• Like 8

You want an endgame? Add sleeping bags and barricading and traps. Respawn @ sleeping bags allows you to protect a base. You should be able to respawn @ tents, too.

With private shards this would become incredibly useful. Communities could form in towns.

Just to be clear, respawning at a sleeping bag or tent after *death* will never happen. Death is permanent.

• Like 7