ShadowDrakgon

Sporter 22 suggestions

So the Sporter 22 is one of the most underrated guns in Stand Alone at the moment and it's because of it's damage output and no attachment options. I think the Sporter should be buffed so it has a -300 blood loss and a -145 in health and a 4 hit body shot for infected and 1 shot to the head instead of the 2 and also attachment options like a MINI-AIM sight so it only fits into the Sporter and also a silencer even though silencers aren't working I think these changes won't make this gun OP but usable and better for people like me who like to use this gun but tend to find themselves saving others from robbers and getting themselves into firefights with bandits with M4's, AKM's and AK101's.

The reason why no one uses the .22 and other civilian weapons with detachable magazines is the fact that the magazines only spawn at military buildings. A later update should fix that.

Would be nice if they added the 'hunter's scopes' they've been talking about for a while, as well as some more civilian attachments.  Like an ammo pouch for the buttstock that can store say 1-2 stacks of bullets or magazines.  I'd also like to see a 'rail addon' for civilian weapons that would allow to mount most of the 'military' stuff (bipod, flashlight, the Milspec sights)

I think the Sporter should be buffed so it has a -300 blood loss and a -145 in health

The sporter already deals more damage than that. One shot that hit me in the legs did ~670 blood and ~340 health damage. A better way would make the magazines (especially the 10 round version - which I actually found less of) non-military loot. Overall the chance of finding a Sporter 22 + magazine should probably be a little higher than the chance of finding an SKS.

I hope we will see some attachments for the rifle (mostly scopes, maybe a bipod). I also would like to paint it camo - or red.

Yeah, I think the problem is that though it's described as having one of the most common ammunition types it's rare to find bullets or the mag for this in civilian areas where it would make sense.

One idea for the Sporter 22 as far as attachments go is the addition of a Folding Stock with Pistol grip like this one:

butler_creek_pistol_grip_folding_ruger-1

The benefit of adding this attachment is that it has the effect of being compact, an option would exist that would allow you to fold the stock back for storage, allowing you to stow away the weapon inside a backpack which in my mind would be very advantagous for a weapon that is so weak.

Additionally Optics I can see for the Sporter 22 include Red Dots and short range 4x optics

• Like 2

How about full auto trigger groups? Fully automatic .22s were very common before The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986. It was actually a last minute rider; it was so you didn't need to go through all the hoop la la to buy ammo.

Tippmann, before it made paintball guns, used to make novelty scaled down .22 automatics.

Yeah, I think the problem is that though it's described as having one of the most common ammunition types it's rare to find bullets or the mag for this in civilian areas where it would make sense.

The mags are the problem. The .22LR boxes are about as common as the most usual rounds (Soviet, 7.62mm, 9mm, .357 Magnum and 12 Gauge) but hold way more bullets (50) which would actually make them the most common ammunition. Also it usually gets ignored on the first pass of looting so you might still be able to find .22LR ammo in already looted military spawns (and there you will also find the mags).

Edited by Evil Minion

Just picked up a 30 round mag ontop of/under the seat of a wrecked UAZ.  No more chambering for me, and I can stay very far away from the death traps and PVP fields.  Just need to find a second mag now.  And yes .22 ammo itself is pretty common in civilian buildings.