RAM-bo4250

And so it begins...

I love the fact you might need to rush an equip the stuff needed for Survival (rods, bows, fireplaces etc) before prioritising weapons. The fact that more encounters will also be between two likely unequipped individuals will likely mean there may be more cooperation. However, it might go the other way, where looting players becomes the quickest and easiest way to gear up, although risking you processions for a can of beans and a scarf is unlikely. So i guess they'll be a lot more running in the opposite direction - which is still better than PVP 24/7. 

With this reduced food/water spawn, the survival elements need to be greatly improved. Farming goes towards this, but we'll need a wider variety of gathering foods to expand the number of fruits, berries, nuts and leaves you can eat. This will give the edge to those who can survive over those that want to murder. Handmade weapons like grades of bows, spears, clubs, atlatl's. flint knives, upgradable arrows flint, wood, metal etc need to be expanded and buffed to encourage usage.

Once you've reached a point where everyone is running around the forests (not cities) being hunter gathers dressed in the warmest clothes they can find (rather than the most camo'd), being armed with nothing but a bow and flint knife. Then DayZ becomes a reality.

Sure the ruling elite will still have there weapons, but when ammo is in such short supply wasting a mag on the guy clearly holding just a wooden spoon and bag full of berries seems a great waste of investment. Instead the these Elite hunt other elite players only where the means justify the gain.

• Like 1

Wait what the new experimental patch is ment to be hard?? strange about the only thing i cant find are tac vests.2014-08-08_00001.jpg

No i am not a bandit i wear the bandana like that as its an extra slot to carry rags basicly i wear the boonie hat as its extra slot to carry fishing hook ( i like fishing!) and i wear military boots as an extra slot to carry a mil knife ( but thats another thing i have not been able to find.)

Still to easy but hey its moving the right direction i say bring on disease hyperthermia crank up zed numbers crank even lower food spawns and let me taste the tears of the whiners on the forum...

And for the people who got all the good stuff early to be nigh unbeatable since nothing good will appear for ages...

Simple solution... Do a char wipe

• Like 1

Wait what the new experimental patch is ment to be hard?? strange about the only thing i cant find are tac vests.2014-08-08_00001.jpg

No i am not a bandit i wear the bandana like that as its an extra slot to carry rags basicly i wear the boonie hat as its extra slot to carry fishing hook ( i like fishing!) and i wear military boots as an extra slot to carry a mil knife ( but thats another thing i have not been able to find.)

Still to easy but hey its moving the right direction i say bring on disease hyperthermia crank up zed numbers crank even lower food spawns and let me taste the tears of the whiners on the forum...

It depends where you spawn..i  been killing myself to check the spawn mechanics, sometimes you spawn in an area where is almost to easy to survive... but other times... damn...

The new Spawn mechanics makes you think twice about dying. 

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

The new Spawn mechanics makes you think twice about dyeing. 

Not really, as you say you can just kill yourself to get a better spot.

Its a shame really. It would be wicked to have suicide as a last resort option in the game, but right now its just a way for people to teleport closer to their friends...

Its a shame really. It would be wicked to have suicide as a last resort option in the game, but right now its just a way for people to teleport closer to their friends...

Is LOTS of spawn locations now.. some inland in the middle of nowhere, others near towns, the ones by the coast still there...but they are random and like i said... LOTS. I spawned yesterday in the middle of a forest, next spawn near a town, another one in the coast, another one in a countryside road... and is always different each time.

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin

Unless our a hacker you cant really dominate anything, especially Berenzino. If you stay in the town longer than 10 minutes in high pop server, chances are that you get killed by invisible axe murderer or more likely to get shot by someone inside walls.

It is easy. But it shouldn't be. It is tedious. Ever tried to survive for say a week? There are people here who honestly want to see the zombies disappear, the survival aspect to disappear. They want to be able to gear up in 5 minutes and go on a killing spree in Berezino. Don't these players already have GTA, Watchdogs, COD, Bf and countless others? Many here want a knitty gritty survival grindfest which must have 2 elements - PvP                AND                     PvE.              Come on devs, see what you can throw at me. The more the better.

And I can't wait to hear them complain when all of a sudden their game changes to the actual game that Dean has said he's always going to make, the one they agreed to alpha test. I can't wait to starve to death either! lol

I think ideally we should die as fresh spawns more often than we are able to gear up and get to a point where we are self sufficient. We should die from zombies, starvation, infection, hypothermia, AND other players. Currently, the only consistent threat is other players this must and will change

Yep the game for a new spawn should be hard. The environment should be as deadly as other players and survival must be a challenge. When you can just run from building to building and gear up in an hour, where is the challenge in that? That's not a survival game, neither is it one when I'm running around with more food than I can eat.

Tinned food needs to become rarer and rarer as the game progresses. They control the hive, they need to make things appear less and less making it so u have to rely on hunting, etc to eat.

Another thing I'd like to see is more importance on how long you have lived. So when you log in, it says something like "You've survived 9 days, 5 hours and 29 minutes....can you go on?" Make the time you've survived noticeable, make it important so players have a goal to live as long as they can. It's a survival game so advertise that aspect more (christ give out those stupid steam award thingies for "1 day", "1 Week" etc)

• Like 4

I seem to find canned goods all the time... My backpack half full of them. Kept trying to find a water bottle, and took a lot of time. Just canned goods... Oh a tin of spaghetti again? Cant take it, already have my inventory full of them..

And for the people who got all the good stuff early to be nigh unbeatable since nothing good will appear for ages...

Global character reset.  Any questions?

• Like 1

This is just going to get annoying though KOS banditry is gonna suck, any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin, someone took that hours ago and it's not going to respawn since the KOSer is hanging around.

Cities will be even bigger death traps.

It sounds insulting, but did you ever play the mod? 

This is just going to get annoying though KOS banditry is gonna suck, any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin, someone took that hours ago and it's not going to respawn since the KOSer is hanging around.

Cities will be even bigger death traps.

So I'm on the fence about it, I like that it makes the game harder...but I would rather they just made zombies harder and food more scarce.

Loot respawn upon every 4+ server restarts would be fine, exploitable but people messing around with it still have to wait and they can't ramp up the loot count anymore can they?

People with private servers are always going to exploit the system, just because something makes it easy for them doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good thing for people who avoid private servers.

Just make private a whole hive so they can't take their gear from their server and kill noobs in public ones.

I know isn't it great? You'd have to team up to get the guy and imagine the elation you'll feel when you do that. Of course, you play on a 3rd person server so it'll be harder and less realistic to do so but you can always move to a first person one ;)

that means more server hoppers

Yeah try server hopping private servers and see where that gets you.

Global character reset.  Any questions?

That helps how? It's only going to help for a few hours, the people that play the game 24/7 are just going to collect everything good and bambi's will have no hope.

The game should be hard because of features in the game not almost purely because of other players, surviving is a walk in the park on low pop servers, shouldn't be.

It sounds insulting, but did you ever play the mod? 

Nope but what does that have to do with it? Someone with a 75 round AKM and tons of ammo is going to be a fair challenge for fresh spawns, they're only going to beaten if they either do something stupid or you're lucky enough to find like 5 more fresh spawns to attack them, how common is it for that many people to spawn round a city at any given time? Not really, you'll be lucky to spawn near another person at all since spawns are all over the map.

I know isn't it great? You'd have to team up to get the guy and imagine the elation you'll feel when you do that. Of course, you play on a 3rd person server so it'll be harder and less realistic to do so but you can always move to a first person one ;)

Assuming people spawn near you which is unlikely now that it's not only coastal spawns.

Unless people hold a grudge and run all the way back to whatever city from the other side of the map, growing a fresh spawn mob ain't going to be easy especially since more than half the time they're probably just going to attack you too...such is the mentality of most players.

Though I do like the sound of finally killing someone who held up a city for hours and having the group pick at their gear like vultures round a corpse.

The problem with the current loot respawn on exp is that it is the same all over the map. That probably would work if the spawns would be spread about the entire map, but at the moment, we have a rather small spawning area in the northeast.

I can imagine the current loot situation is awesome if you have a character that has been alive for some time, since it adds a challenge to a game where you struggle to find other challenges apart from PVP right now. However, i found it very hard to get a new character going, That is because the current loot respawn system and the tight spawn area don't really like each others. The spawn area is a highly frequented one with a major chance that there will be literally always a player within the respawn radius. I tried five times, everytime without success. There hasn't been any loot apart from dropped, ruined stuff, flashlights and jeans. Oh i found plenty of shoes too. Then i starved.

Maybe i simply have to get used to the new mechanics, and i will definitely give it a shot. But having to spam apple trees for 15 minutes might add to the realism, it doesnt add to the entertainment for me.

It just seems to me that the current situation affects fresh spawns much much more than it affects players who at least have a basic melee weapon and got rid of the hunger and thirst statuses ( i'm not even saying "being energized and hydrated" ).

As always, just imo.

I was going to mention this too - if this is going to be the new loot spawn mechanism then you have to have spawn locations across the entire map. This strikes me as abvious so not sure why the devs haven't changed them.

Stop circling the same lil area and you will find plenty of loot. Yup, when I started my first life my hunger got into the orange before I found some food. I spawned in the Bear > had some good finds at the ship > ate 2 partial cans of food and still got into the orange on hunger on my way up to Svet. Once I left Svet however, it was all up hill. Ran into a friendly, we teamed for a bit and both got into the green in Hobo. Things were going just fine until he fell I pushed him off the roof of the hospital. Payed out for me though, I snagged his AK101. That was my hardcore character, my regular had it so much easier and I discovered that the further you travel, the more you find. Go figure, eh.  

FIFY :P

Edited by Jexter

Some of the mental gymnastics people are having to resort to in order to justify super common loot is hilarious.

One simply has to ask themselves if the world ended how long do you honestly think stuff would be available for ? Things even cans of food would be extremely rare, guns would be in disrepair and even less common.

• Like 1

One character per server please.

What happened to the timer? I logged in for an hour the other day and changed server and only had to wait a minute? WTF is up with that??

What happened to the timer? I logged in for an hour the other day and changed server and only had to wait a minute? WTF is up with that??

Server hoppers complained, devs catered.

The bandana can be used as rags i'm thinking? Good to know the other two things too :)

This is true but for a player like me, I like dealing with whatever spawn I get and I don't suicide. If other wish to kill themselves they don't understand the game and are cheating themselves out of the experience - fuck em.

Server hoppers complained, devs catered.

Herp Derp.....

Played a couple of hrs on exp yesterday. Didn't notice any major changes about loot:

Every spot close to the spawn points - empty as fck

Buildings/villages in the middle of nowhere, where nobody ever comes - phat loot

Gotta admit, tho - weapons were very rare.