RAM-bo4250

And so it begins...

The exp is still a wip no idea if it will be like this when it goes live

• Like 1

The issue is it's not difficult to overcome. It's easy but tedious.

let's go back to the greater issue

"easy but tedious" just about sums up DayZ ?

I get the same feeling reading some posts, don't you agree ?

there is a whole new spawn system implemented on experimental .. the spawn system in it's details is ... experimental.

I read that you used to like DayZ when there were plenty of cans of food around, so you could load up and then .. do less tedious stuff ?

Tell please, I perhaps misunderstood - what thrill did you used to have as a freshspawn that is lacking now ?

Was it the easy to find cans of beans ?

- They were thrilling.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3

Yeah let me tell you RIGHT NOW apple trees are going to be your BEST friend till you can find your FIRST decent melee weapon and gun. That might not be for an hour or so ether depending how HARD hit areas have been by first comers. So getting early on a server means everything now.

Let the real struggle begin. Hoo-rah. 

• Like 1

Game being running-walking simulator with new exp. I dont think it will stay like that they must fix it. But they mıght not change it cause everywhere full of with apple tree. So I think they want us spend wholeday for search apples. Well if they do that they wıll loose many players. Even smak on his twitch stream had enaugh with experimental and switch back stable. ALso it will never prevent KOS everytime you wıll get headshot by bandit sniper or someone else.If someone thinknig KOS will not exist they can just dream about that.

It would be interesting to see if more and more people now begin getting rid of private servers because they can no longer loot farm by restarting.

Is there a way to check the numbers and see if this happens?

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see if more and more people now begin getting rid of private servers because they can no longer loot farm by restarting.

Is there a way to check the numbers and see if this happens?

Good. Way too many low pops in stable imo.

I suppose the server list would give you an approximation.

No more loot respawn upon restarting a private server.

Nice! I hope this also stops those frequent server resets.

• Like 1

ALso it will never prevent KOS everytime you wıll get headshot by bandit sniper or someone else.If someone thinknig KOS will not exist they can just dream about that.

WE ARE NOT AGAINST PVP. WE ARE NOT AGAINST KOS. We are not for ONLY PvP, not for ONLY kos. Try o try to let that penetrate.

I just want to stick an icepick in my eye. I hear one more argument like this....OMG.

Guys, I'll give you my address, come and whack me in the head with a fireaxe. It'll be great practice for the real zombie apocalypse.

I am so frustrated.

Am I not speaking English? What is so hard to understand?

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 1

This is just going to get annoying though KOS banditry is gonna suck, any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin, someone took that hours ago and it's not going to respawn since the KOSer is hanging around.

Cities will be even bigger death traps.

So I'm on the fence about it, I like that it makes the game harder...but I would rather they just made zombies harder and food more scarce.

Loot respawn upon every 4+ server restarts would be fine, exploitable but people messing around with it still have to wait and they can't ramp up the loot count anymore can they?

People with private servers are always going to exploit the system, just because something makes it easy for them doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good thing for people who avoid private servers.

Just make private a whole hive so they can't take their gear from their server and kill noobs in public ones.

let's go back to the greater issue

"easy but tedious" just about sums up DayZ ?

I get the same feeling reading some posts, don't you agree ?

there is a whole new spawn system implemented on experimental .. the spawn system in it's details is ... experimental.

I guess you used to like DayZ when there were plenty of cans of food around, so you could load up and then .. do less tedious stuff ?

Tell please, I perhaps misunderstood - what thrill did you used to have as a freshspawn that is lacking now ?

Was it the easy to find cans of beans ?

- They were thrilling.

If you read what I said it was that I find the CURRENT exp. boring and tedious. I don't think the loot spawning is working optimally. Other people think it's working almost perfectly. You don't have to explain what experimental is to me. Thanks. 

And your guesswork is just that. 

Edited by freethink

I'm foaming at the mouth at the prospect of a more difficult environment.  I have my doubts because once people learn how to deal, it'll be a cakewalk.  Regardless, exciting times.

I wonder what the server list will be like a month from now.  Will it still be a list of many high and low pop servers or will there be more servers that're half full.  I have a guess but will patiently wait and see.

Ultimately, I'll still be able to respawn and pick fights as a new spawn, so that's good.

This is just going to get annoying though KOS banditry is gonna suck, any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin, someone took that hours ago and it's not going to respawn since the KOSer is hanging around. -- As it should be

Cities will be even bigger death traps. -- people wo'nt be so anxious to go there then

So I'm on the fence about it, I like that it makes the game harder...but I would rather they just made zombies harder and food more scarce. -- This do also

Seriously though, the game is still in development so all this speculation is kinda useless until they finish. I just don't want the only voices the devs hear to be those who believe this game should be just PvP centric.

• Like 1

Seriously though, the game is still in development so all this speculation is kinda useless until they finish. I just don't want the only voices the devs hear to be those who believe this game should be just PvP centric.

Have faith!  I would like to believe that the devs are open to suggestions but the vision they have, for better or for worse, will be their own.

Zombies need to be bigger threat but not because you can't hit $hit with melee weapon.

Wonder how the next stable will look like.

I'm not going to deny that melee is currently in a really rough state, but zeds are not hard to kill...

Oh well, had a video, but the embed code didn't work along with exporting to YouTube. Maybe cause it was such a short clip. So you can check it out here instead. 

Edited by JubeiDOK

This is just going to get annoying though KOS banditry is gonna suck, any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino since nobody is going to be able to look around nearby and find a Mosin, someone took that hours ago and it's not going to respawn since the KOSer is hanging around.

Cities will be even bigger death traps.

Geared guy in Berezino will get swarmed by fist bambies.

• Like 2

The problem with the current loot respawn on exp is that it is the same all over the map. That probably would work if the spawns would be spread about the entire map, but at the moment, we have a rather small spawning area in the northeast.

I can imagine the current loot situation is awesome if you have a character that has been alive for some time, since it adds a challenge to a game where you struggle to find other challenges apart from PVP right now. However, i found it very hard to get a new character going, That is because the current loot respawn system and the tight spawn area don't really like each others. The spawn area is a highly frequented one with a major chance that there will be literally always a player within the respawn radius. I tried five times, everytime without success. There hasn't been any loot apart from dropped, ruined stuff, flashlights and jeans. Oh i found plenty of shoes too. Then i starved.

Maybe i simply have to get used to the new mechanics, and i will definitely give it a shot. But having to spam apple trees for 15 minutes might add to the realism, it doesnt add to the entertainment for me.

It just seems to me that the current situation affects fresh spawns much much more than it affects players who at least have a basic melee weapon and got rid of the hunger and thirst statuses ( i'm not even saying "being energized and hydrated" ).

As always, just imo.

Stop circling the same lil area and you will find plenty of loot. Yup, when I started my first life my hunger got into the orange before I found some food. I spawned in the Bear > had some good finds at the ship > ate 2 partial cans of food and still got into the orange on hunger on my way up to Svet. Once I left Svet however, it was all up hill. Ran into a friendly, we teamed for a bit and both got into the green in Hobo. Things were going just fine until he fell off the roof of the hospital. Payed out for me though, I snagged his AK101. That was my hardcore character, my regular had it so much easier and I discovered that the further you travel, the more you find. Go figure, eh.  

any one geared dude could just dominate Berezino 

I'm sorry, I just disagree. Fully geared people have some advantage, but they just spent some time gathering it, it doesn't mean they know how to use it at all, and often don't.

Plus the Blaze is an easy to find, very deadly, very accurate weapons that drops geared guys without issue. Yea, it'll be harder to get even that, but I have and would kill multiple geared out paramilitary guys with just a Blaze and a pocket of shells in my jeans - and I am not a badass super shot by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1

and I discovered that the further you travel, the more you find. Go figure, eh.  

Been there, done that lol. Maybe i just had tough luck.

My last DayZ session was on Tuesday ( since its my day off ). All spawns have been near Olsha. First one went to Svetlo. The city was cleared. Tried to make it to Novo, i starved. Okay, new spawn. Now i ran to Krasnostav. City was cleared, eventually got killed by a maniac newspawn with a farming hoe who chased me several laps through half of the city. Allright, new try. Now i decided i should try out Cernaya Polana. City was cleared. Got chased by four Zombies. Outrunning them prevented me from checking out locations at the western edge of the city. I got annoyed and was killed by them.

As i said, it seemed that there is a certain radius around the spawnpoints that has been completely looted to the void with nothing respawning but zombies. And with every lucky player that makes it into lootable areas, this radius expands. My point gets supported not just by the absence of loot at all, but by the high ammount of typical newspawn drops like flashlights, batteries and jeans.

EDIT: Also,

Stop circling the same lil area

Are you aware that i was talking about the situation for newspawns, that have no choice wether or not they should circle the same lil area called spawnpoints at all ?

Edited by ChainReactor

Quick gear will still be there and if anything it will just cause the rampant server hopping to become even more rampant.

One character per server please.

• Like 1

Been there, done that lol. Maybe i just had tough luck.

My last DayZ session was on Tuesday ( since its my day off ). All spawns have been near Olsha. First one went to Svetlo. The city was cleared. Tried to make it to Novo, i starved. Okay, new spawn. Now i ran to Krasnostav. City was cleared, eventually got killed by a maniac newspawn with a farming hoe who chased me several laps through half of the city. Allright, new try. Now i decided i should try out Cernaya Polana. City was cleared. Got chased by four Zombies. Outrunning them prevented me from checking out locations at the western edge of the city. I got annoyed and was killed by them.

As i said, it seemed that there is a certain radius around the spawnpoints that has been completely looted to the void with nothing respawning but zombies. And with every lucky player that makes it into lootable areas, this radius expands. My point gets supported not just by the absence of loot at all, but by the high ammount of typical newspawn drops like flashlights, batteries and jeans.

This is what I'm talking about, you haven't left the NE corner of the map where all the spawns seem to be. If you spawn and after searching 3-4 places and realize there isn't much out there, don't waste any more time searching, just book it inland. The other option, and a good one, is Hobo. There are so many places spawning loot in Hobo that people don't know about or at least don't care about. Do you know how many apartments are in Hobo? Did you know that there is now value to searching those apartments? Now, if we're talking ammo, completely different story. =P I'm finding everything but the ammo I need, Mosin. But....I'm alive.

This is what I'm talking about, you haven't left the NE corner of the map where all the spawns seem to be.

I TRIED man :). Okay, just for the sake of our conversation here, i will try it yet another time. I think my current Bambi spawned near Olsha again. I will forget all looting at all in places near the spawnpoint and will head for Gvozdno or Dubrovka / Gorka immediately. Will report back if i starved again on my way or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the new loot respawn. I just wanna find a way to get at least one Char going. :)

Starvation currently lacks any realism in game and does not take into account how much you move, or how much you drink. There are no states of malnourishment, you simply die after a set amount of time if you don't eat. I'd like some factors to be able to change this, such as staying in one area, not using up all your energy, and keeping a constant supply of water. Plus, as you starve, you get weak with hunger, affecting your speed, melee ability, and all that shit.

• Like 1

If food is more rare, is the energized/hungry situation fixed? I can't speak for everybody, but I personally don't need 5 cans of beans every hour to fill myself in RL... There's no reason to die from starvation when the hunger system is fixed. You could survive days without food, carrying only water, none of this gorging beans like you weight 400 lbs. 

Edited by LigerRider