timedance

Running = double W / shift+W

Hello ladies :)

Somewhere I read, that the keyboard configure was changed for running?

I´m playing the latest stable version and I still can run via "double-W" :rolleyes:

so no need to change? :D

yeah, I was wondering this also, heard people mentioning about resetting control to default but I've not done it yet.

• Like 1

double-W is still the best, so I can block the key with a splint :D (=AUTORUN) :D

If you dont reset your controls you might have issues with other things, one example is a friend last night was unable to throw using the G key.

Also shift is now used for crawling fast and fast crouch walk, not sure if that will work with double W.

Lol @ those who still use double tap w to run  :lol:

Lol @ those who think its easy to change habits from Arma II  :lol:

Lol @ those who think its easy to change habits from Arma II  :lol:

Wasn't really all that hard actually.  I've been using my ctrl key for months now.  One key, one press.  Done.

Double tab your "forward-key" (not necessarily W) is much more convenient (for me) since it only needs one finger.

• Like 2

Lol @ those who still use double tap w to run  :lol:

LOL @ those who now use two fingers to run...

• Like 1

Is it possible to set up both, shift+w is inconvenient for long distances and doubletap w is murder when you're in combat, be nice to have both options available.

• Like 1

LOL @ those who now use two fingers to run...

LMAO

Is it possible to set up both, shift+w is inconvenient for long distances and doubletap w is murder when you're in combat, be nice to have both options available.

I know u can bind controllers, for example, my joystick throttle is bound to sprint so I can hit that and I have auto run (and why isn't this coded in the game yet?? FFS BIS put in AUTORUN!). Arma allows you to configure multiple controls but haven't played in a couple of months so idk - I'm thinking you should be able to though,

it is - I have fast forward bound to double w (works crouched and standing) and turbo bound to left shift (also works crouched and standing) so sometimes I use two keys to sprint and sometimes I use a toothpick jammed into the keyboard while I go get coffee (try that with 2 keys).

it is - I have fast forward bound to double w (works crouched and standing) and turbo bound to left shift (also works crouched and standing) so sometimes I use two keys to sprint and sometimes I use a toothpick jammed into the keyboard while I go get coffee (try that with 2 keys).

hy elle ^^

how are you ? ^^ :wub:

Yes.

^^ That's how.

I made a thread about that after resetting my key assignmets to default - I think I read somewhere that that should be done with 0.47 when it was in experimental: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/206248-key-assignments-2xw-for-turbo-not-working/

It's funny that assigning 2xw to Turbo does not work, but assigning it to Fast Forward works.

PLEASE, if someone figures out, what the difference between Turbo and Fast Forward is, tell me!

Edited by bautschi

so does this mean that doubletap W while running still brings you to a standing sprint, or a crouch/prone fast mode?

Noticed before any of this that running always made me stand run and thought that was default, but if they're introducing a fast mode for each stance ala arma3 then would be good to know.

so does this mean that doubletap W while running still brings you to a standing sprint, or a crouch/prone fast mode?

Noticed before any of this that running always made me stand run and thought that was default, but if they're introducing a fast mode for each stance ala arma3 then would be good to know.

Actually I'm not sure about stable, in experimental you sprint in the stance you have selected, not standing up any more. A new sprinting with the gun in aggressive stance has been added, too. So that is comming. I just hope sprinting with looking down sights will also come. They seem to change a lot with the user interface currently.

Edited by bautschi

Further, I am used to "double-tab-forward" since Severance: Blade of Darkness (2001), Arma 1, Arma 2, Arma 3. Shift maybe is the more convenient method for Call-of-Battlefield-Newtoarma kids. I've never experienced any problems with double tap even in dangerous or tricky situations.

To overcome great distances anyway, I use an autorun macro key on my G510.

Just give players the options to setup everything to their own taste and everyone is fine without a need for any discussion.

;s i thought arma3 was shift to sprint.  Must accept double tap input also.

Now all we need is a vault action for arma3 ala dayz and we're set.

Also, BI forums are terrible.  Just signed up to put in some troubleshooting issues and can't find the post button in the terribly ugly design of the page... That and i think it's not there.

alas, a story for another time.

Edited by q.S Sachiel