Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I haven't seen loot cycle piles in this new .48 exp update.   Care to elaborate?

People are taking some time and effort to move the crap loot - rotten fruit, books, useless meds, shoes, jeans - out of the good loot locations in hopes that, by propitiating the gods of BI and Loot, those locations will once again bring forth sustenance and ammunition.  Sounds like a bizarre cargo cult, doesn't it?

Hope it works, as I have been doing this myself.  It results in piles of trash outside jails, fire stations, control towers, police stations, and so on.

Z

tumblr_lnorp8mrXJ1qgywp2o1_500.jpg

Oh yeah, i have nothing to do but wait for freshies to kill them. I don't even have a gun. I just wanted to do something nice, that's all. Having said that, i can not guarantee that no one else is camping the spot now.

Edited by The7th
  • Like 1

There are a couple of comments on not being able to lean while crouched earlier in this thread.  I rarely use that feature myself.  I seem to only lean after having a few pints on a bar stool.

Surprised no one is complaining about no longer being able to lean while crouched. And what do you guys think of the look down bug, what do you think they were trying to do there?

How does this explain the giant piles of loot that everyone is posting? It looks like they're just taking it outside of the structure and more is appearing.

Not trying to be contradictory, I just haven't seen anyone explain how this actually works. I've heard so many varying accounts from 20 meters away and it respawns instantly to your estimation.

U got it all wrong on .47 loot respawns can be abused to make mountains of loot

But on .48 no way. I have been everywhere and have seen where people have tried the same exploit and failed. There is maybe a stack of 20 items from a prison out front but the prison is empty and nothing else is spawning.

Through testing we know the loot has to be removed from the area. People have different measurements of distance. My theory is it has to be out of the preset grid. This could be 5-500 meters or more depending where you are in the grid.

The grid appears to count any loot within it as part of the loot available. So if kill somone and drop their ruined crap on the ground that clogs up the loot table and nothing respawns.

This system and the system from .47 are both flawed extremes.

What needs to happen is move away from instant loot respawns but timed ones based on probabilities and have the system identify loot spawn points rather than actual loot in the grid.

Once an item is removed from its loot spawn it should know that spot can spawn new loot even if sneakers are discarded there.

I also think persistence should not be enabled for EVERY item.

Maybe only those which are pristine/worn ?

0.48 is almost unplayable!

There is almost no loot at all. All i find is flashlights that indicate that the area is looted, but there is absolutely no respawn. In one town i found  78 flashlights. Yes, i counted them. 78!!!!

So, its back to 0.47 for till they find a solution for this problem. The game is no fun if there is no loot around.

• Like 2

How does this explain the giant piles of loot that everyone is posting? It looks like they're just taking it outside of the structure and more is appearing.

Not trying to be contradictory, I just haven't seen anyone explain how this actually works. I've heard so many varying accounts from 20 meters away and it respawns instantly to your estimation.

I have confirmed the loot radius is about 50 meters. But it seems in a town setting its grid based

Ok so i was meeting a friend of mine in the north east airfield and i went to fill up my canteen and all of a sudden i was handcuffed after filling it my friend tryed handcuff keys but they would just make me do the unhandcuff animation then i would be recuffed i tryed logging out and that fixed it but its a weird glitch. Did this happen to anyone else?

Here is a pic of the glitch: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295531245

I have confirmed the loot radius is about 50 meters. But it seems in a town setting its grid based

those pictures are from .47 

it is confusing cause the thread about loot respawns in experimental on this board started in .47

I assure there are no loot piles in front of Vybor anymore

There may be like 20 pieces max but that is from people looting the entire building and dumping it there in hopes of respawns.

Like others have stated here the loot has to leave a certain radius or the grid it is part of for it to respawn..

this is not happening cause people dump junk 

The only exploits for military gear going on .48 are the same old exploits people used prior to .48 which had nothing to do with loot respawns but sometimes the results of them look like they are related.

Edited by trev186

Ha! My friend told me nobody would look up there. I'm glad we moved it.

I wanted to store some of my stuff there too with a message but the server went down and I couldn't connect after that. ;)

I didn't need any of the loot though, but It gave a nice atmosphere to the game to find such a player made stash.

Edited by Ellen Ripley

If you pick up a broken chemlight, it's off and you need to break it again.

EXp 48 is horrible :), just arrived in NOVO and got hutned down by a greedy basterd
just for one can of spaghetti. Seriously dude ? :/, i love spaghetti 2 but get a life.

EXp 48 is horrible :), just arrived in NOVO and got hutned down by a greedy basterd

just for one can of spaghetti. Seriously dude ? :/, i love spaghetti 2 but get a life.

he did he took yours to live another day ....apparently

Once you learn how to properly hit the Zeds with melee, and that you can still outrun them.. well all you need next is to realize how easy it is to find water and berries or apples and that is really all you need to survive. I find Zombies after today only slightly more of a threat than before. Ive learned how to handle them now, and once you adapt its easy street again.

For me at least. :)

• Like 3

Ha! My friend told me nobody would look up there. I'm glad we moved it.

Stuff actually spawns up there now. That's still prob someone's pile, but just for future reference, there is a point to looking up there now.

Has anyone successfully fired the CZ527 in this version?

First I found a mag. I later found the gun. Then I found some paint and painted it green. Now I'm getting chased by a zed and finally try to use it, nothing. I thought I was getting the LMB bug, but later found out I wasn't. Then I thought it was the old Mosin paint bug, so I dropped the painted gun and kept the mag. Today I found another CZ527, loaded the mag and tried to fire. Nothing. So now it has me wondering if the gun is just bugged out in this version or had the mag been compromised when it was attached to the last CZ I had and painted?

It is getting to that point again.  Yeah, it is possible to survive, and I have learned a couple of new tricks to do so.  But I have been running around playing Barney Fife - one bullet in the gun - for a couple of days now.  Looking in all of the usual spots, and some unusual ones, spending some serious hours in the game.

It isn't supposed to drag like this; I know they are balancing things - first it was too much loot, now not enough.  I do hope they fix it; I know we are in Experimental on Alpha, but I want to at least *feel like I have a chance* to get to the minimum level of gear to actually play the game.

Z

Once you learn how to properly hit the Zeds with melee, and that you can still outrun them.. well all you need next is to realize how easy it is to find water and berries or apples and that is really all you need to survive. I find Zombies after today only slightly more of a threat than before. Ive learned how to handle them now, and once you adapt its easy street again.

Any hints?

Not sure where else to try. Can stand straight in front of them, the dot on the head (or elsewhere on the body), at no distance and still miss. Maybe need to aim away from the zombies (like they hit sometimes attacking away from you)?

No ideas anymore. Seems to be more luck than skill.

Something fun for you wilderness types...will probably only last until the next update, but for now, let's see what happens. Oh and Boneboys, I checked up on your worms, and they are doing just fine. I did give them a shot of water, they were a bit dry...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/206307-city-dwellers-will-perish-only-those-strong-healthy-and-prepared-will-survive

Edited by Super_Duty

It is getting to that point again.  Yeah, it is possible to survive, and I have learned a couple of new tricks to do so.  But I have been running around playing Barney Fife - one bullet in the gun - for a couple of days now.  Looking in all of the usual spots, and some unusual ones, spending some serious hours in the game.

It isn't supposed to drag like this; I know they are balancing things - first it was too much loot, now not enough.  I do hope they fix it; I know we are in Experimental on Alpha, but I want to at least *feel like I have a chance* to get to the minimum level of gear to actually play the game.

Z

The spawnsystem will change eventually. Well it changes with every patch somehow. If its too stressfull for you just wait for the next exp update. 

I wouldn't put too much thought into that at this point. Everything is changing with every patch.

I like the current exp version a lot. Sure it has many flaws, but its about survival.

And for the first time I really think I might kill someone not for fun or because its the only thing to do in the game but because i wanna survive longer and he or she might have something to eat.

Thanks for the support; I wouldn't call it stressful so much as disappointing.

And instead of killing somebody, consider berries and apples.  They aren't that hard to get - until they change the spawn algorithm.  :D

Z

But this doesn't change the fact that their hitboxes are f*cked up, I mean, you adapted to a bug. It's totally an artificial dificulty and imo there are better ways to make them zeds harder then buging their hitbox

Any hints?

Not sure where else to try. Can stand straight in front of them, the dot on the head (or elsewhere on the body), at no distance and still miss. Maybe need to aim away from the zombies (like they hit sometimes attacking away from you)?

No ideas anymore. Seems to be more luck than skill.

Get a good ranged melee weapon (farming hoe is gud) and aim with the animation. Try to drag that overhead animation through the zed body (I do left-right with the mouse, sometimes I start the attack not even aiming at the zed and just drag it to him). You will have problems anyways because there is something wrong with their hitbox, but attacking this way aways worked for me, and now it still do sometimes.

The crosshair is a pretty shitty reference for the melee strikes.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

Thanks for the support; I wouldn't call it stressful so much as disappointing.

And instead of killing somebody, consider berries and apples.  They aren't that hard to get - until they change the spawn algorithm.  :D

Z

How berries are not hard to get? I usually have to check bush 20 times to find 1 berry.

Not many people playing and not many venturing outward into the map. Spent multiple play sessions today (around 1-2 hours each) sitting in a position between Vybor military and the southeast portion of NWAF just watching and waiting for anyone. Never saw a single person. Seems word of mouth may have killed this patch for a lot of people.

Not many people playing and not many venturing outward into the map. Spent multiple play sessions today (around 1-2 hours each) sitting in a position between Vybor military and the southeast portion of NWAF just watching and waiting for anyone. Never saw a single person. Seems word of mouth may have killed this patch for a lot of people.

I guess lots of people don't wanted to be berry pickers and they starved to death.

Edited by Frosti