HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

How many ammo do you carry?

So I have 2 ammo boxes and one is filled with 22 lr and 762 39, the other is other pistol ammo and shotgun ammo. I was wondering should I throw away all my shotgun ammo for some more 22 lr as now I must kill zeds with the 22 lr silent pistol because melee doesn't work. So should I do it asi need ONE mag (10 rds) to kill a zed...

Yeah, get yourself a nice axe or firefighter axe and dump those ammo, where you do not have a weapon for, in the woods. I carry only two types of ammo. 7.62x51 for Elisabeth and .357 for Hannelore.

Melee works a hell of a lot better than shooting once you know what you're doing. Even the .22 will attract respawned zombies. I can axe 3 at a time without a problem even after the patch. Priority 1 is evading, then timing my swings when I circle into position to strike one.

I think the hit-boxing for the new zeds is a bit tighter so it can be a bit tougher to connect until you adjust your natural timing for swings. I only carry an ammo box to carry extra ammo for my team. Typically I carry 2-3 mags for a pistol and another stack of pistol ammo, plus another 40-60 rounds for my Mosin.  Other than that I fill up my ammo box with Mosin and SKS ammo that I come across along with any extra mags I find for my team. I don't bother with Shottie, .22, .357, or 9mm ammo since few if anyone on my team rolls with those.

Edited by Sokak

Guys, did you even play recently? Maybe Melee isn't broken, but the Zed-Hitboxes are a mess. 
About the ammo, I'm happy with 80 rounds for SKS or 2-3 Mags AK, for Mosin 40-50 rounds and 30 for the secondary. That's mostly enough to shoot back at hostiles or slaughtering Zeds :)

Never touch .22 - you're asking for a bad day.

I carry;

Regular - 3x 300 Round Boxes. 1 Full of 7.62x39 (I carry a box for our gunner, he can switch through 75 suppressing rounds in less time than I can count), 1 Full box of 7.62x51 (For myself as a recon/marksman) and 1 Full box of 9mm for my secondary, the MP5.

Hardcore - 2x 300 Round Boxes completely full of 5.56 and about 10x 60 Round Stanag Magazine. (I tend not to play hardcore much, but I have over 2500 rounds for the M4 if I calculated it right).

Guys, did you even play recently? Maybe Melee isn't broken, but the Zed-Hitboxes are a mess. 

About the ammo, I'm happy with 80 rounds for SKS or 2-3 Mags AK, for Mosin 40-50 rounds and 30 for the secondary. That's mostly enough to shoot back at hostiles or slaughtering Zeds :)

Yeah, the zombie hit-boxes are definitely different with .47, but it typically just means you can't reliably hit them on the first swing as they pass by you.Now I just circled around them, wait for them to start turning, then whack them in the head. You used to be able to time a swing to hit them as they passed your side-step, saving a bit of time. I've yet to have one hit me using the same circling side-step that I used in the past though they do react a bit quicker. The occasional swing whiffs, but nothing to be concerned about.  Shooting zombies is suicidal with anything but an amphibia. #1 more will be attracted. #2 more will respawn in. #3 players in the area know where you are. Works well enough on low-pops, but doing that on a 40 will likely see you dead or running for your life.

i carry around 60 pieces of mosin ammo and like 30 for magnum.

Some of you guys carry around more ammo than that ;). We came up against BunnyMan, Astong, Cocoy, and one other Friday night, killed them after a fun shootout near the NE airfield, and found hacked mags on their bodies. I'll post the video soon. Not sure if all you guys hack, but if not, check your ranks and get rid of the bad seeds. 

Edited by Survive_the_Apoc
  • Like 1

I have been stacking my 9mm rounds and my .45 rounds in the larger 40 round pile stacks. Technically that's more than 300 rounds per box, I wonder if I will get pinched and lose all my ammo like I did my 60 round stacks of 5.56.

Grumble, rabble, grumble....

No box here. I only carry 5 full mags and that's it.

I've got one ammo box, and some of the guys with me also have one or each, some dont.  

I've come to like shotguns more than the .22 rifle or pistol - their Bullets don't do enough damage.  Then again, shotguns are soo loud, every zombie in the city runs our direction if I fire.  

Some of you guys carry around more ammo than that ;). We came up against BunnyMan, Astong, Cocoy, and one other Friday night, killed them after a fun shootout near the NE airfield, and found hacked mags on their bodies. I'll post the video soon. Not sure if all you guys hack, but if not, check your ranks and get rid of the bad seeds. 

We hang at the airstrip and kill bandits, we pick their weapons up, we don't hack.

• No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity.

Yeah, the zombie hit-boxes are definitely different with .47, but it typically just means you can't reliably hit them on the first swing as they pass by you.Now I just circled around them, wait for them to start turning, then whack them in the head. You used to be able to time a swing to hit them as they passed your side-step, saving a bit of time. I've yet to have one hit me using the same circling side-step that I used in the past though they do react a bit quicker. The occasional swing whiffs, but nothing to be concerned about.  Shooting zombies is suicidal with anything but an amphibia. #1 more will be attracted. #2 more will respawn in. #3 players in the area know where you are. Works well enough on low-pops, but doing that on a 40 will likely see you dead or running for your life.

Too bad we only got those from other players we just killed and GM's said they won't ban players who just got them hacked mags from someone else's body. Good job on pouring your heart out. Sensitive thugs ya all need huggsssss! > :D<

Edited by KingJaeEmpire

About one or two stacks. I tend to take aimed shots and only fire when I know it's going to hit.

Edited by Exorade

i have 40 rounds for my B95 (cos they are so easy to get, and realistically, i am not going to get into a gunfight where i use them all, me or the other guy will die first) and 90 rounds for my magnum. you could put these into an ammo box, but really, i find a protector case is better, cos it can hold other things at the same time, rather than being half empty...

but that is jut my 2 cents...

Don't need no stinking ammo boxes. I typically have 40-60 rounds of ammo for any firearm I am carrying and that's it. If I can't take out someone with even 20 shots then chances are I'm already dead LOL. Besides I usually craft an improvised backpack instead of the mountain or hunter packs, so space is more of an issue but I like the lower profile so it's a welcome tradeoff for my play style.

The only people I run into that carry multiple ammo boxes are full-on KOS bandits or someone in a group as the designated pack mule.

Edited by haknslash

Funny, just earlier today I wondered "do I really need 5 full magazines for my AK101 and enough ammo in a box to refill them all?"

Then I got to Zelenogorsk and ran into a 5 man bandit-squad...holy smokes. The first surprised me in the barracks...took a round from my brand-new Obrez, the second one, who came running in in a panic, went down to my FNX...after that I booked it and it turned into a run and gun through Zelenogorsk, surpressive fire whenever I caught a glimpse. I managed to take out two more, then, with one full mag remaining, I went into a house to reload...got followed in by the last guy and it was a spray and pray, AKM vs. AK101. About half a mag I dumped in his direction, with a lot of hits, before I went down (so did he, tho, I saw him fall before I blacked out myself, even if he was just unconscious, he doesn't stand a chance)

And what do we learn? The only thing better than ammo, is more ammo. ;)

Now granted, it was a bit of an extreme situation as I needed to carry ammo for 3 different guns (Obrez, FNX, AK101) and that I would actually blast through 150 rounds in about 5 minutes was somewhat unexpected, but it reinforced my decision to carry as much ammo as I possibly can, without sacrificing room for other necessities.

I like to have at least 3 mags for every gun (one in the gun, two in reserve), more if I find them and got the room and at least enough loose ammo to refill every mag at least once. I don't much prefer manual reload (Mosin, SKS) as it just takes too damn long. I will use either of those two guns if I find clips, not without tho. 

Unless you plan on going into a warzone in the near future, you only need one ammo box. Ideally, I carry a kitted akm, an axe, and an amphibia. One ammo box is plenty. You shouldn't need more than 300 rounds during casual gameplay.

I carry about 120~ rounds for SKS. I use a 75 Round Drum for ammo storage, along with one 30 round mag. Although I don't have an AKM. Or SKS. So idfk.

Edited by Shut Up Walter

Half of my inventory is filled with 9mm rounds including a P1 magazine and two CR75 magazines (seems like pistol magazines finally spawn more often) - but my weapons are a FNX45 and a CR527. :lol:

8 or 9 75 round drums. Though I hit military early and don't go back so this is stock for....ever

8 or 9 75 round drums. Though I hit military early and don't go back so this is stock for....ever

8 or 9 drum mags?

Unless you plan on going into a warzone in the near future, you only need one ammo box. Ideally, I carry a kitted akm, an axe, and an amphibia. One ammo box is plenty. You shouldn't need more than 300 rounds during casual gameplay.

I think you would need more than 300 rounds even if you are just walking around looting, you never know there might be a pack of bandits headed your way. And also to add the fact that you could barely find friendly people (idk, based on my experience)..