jason_h44@hotmail.com

DayZ Camping Tent Showcase 0.47.124641

1: can you shoot out of it when inside?

2: will the stuff inside and the tent stay after server reset?

3: how much space does it take up to carry in your inventory?

Thanks

• Like 1

The tent a shity

Want the old greencamo tent back

lol.. wow.  Some people you can't make happy.   

I'm sure in the future, other tent models will be added.  Just for you.    

lol.. kids these dayz.. 

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 8

The tent a shity

941llmi5p7n.gif

this is alpha and the FIRST tent-model.

I bet they'll bring different models and textures/camos for this

edit: Antykain was 1 minute faster, because I wanted to add a GIF :(

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 6

If you log into another server, does the tent follow you to the next server?

Does the tent stay attache to your person, as such?

If yes, does the tent get 'stolen' from you if someone else 'claims' it if you are away from it.

• Like 1

Looks brilliant, I didn't know you would be able to go inside them. Pretty cool!

• Like 1

Considering that many commercial tents are brighter colors, this is not a bad choice.  We could be using this...

10768172-1362502149-370462.jpg

• Like 2

1: can you shoot out of it when inside?

2: will the stuff inside and the tent stay after server reset?

3: how much space does it take up to carry in your inventory?

Thanks

2. its gone

3. only carry in the hands, cant put into your backpack.

Edited by rfyaa
  • Like 1

If you log into another server, does the tent follow you to the next server?

Does the tent stay attache to your person, as such?

If yes, does the tent get 'stolen' from you if someone else 'claims' it if you are away from it.

That's what I'm wondering too, these a are good questions and also what happens if your avatar kicks the bucket? Do you get a chance to run back to your tent and collect stuff you collected and put in the tent?

It was fun searching and glad it was finally found. Great vid as always Septic

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Seems way too big to be useful. Hiding it will only be possible through a glitch or something.

It's certainly not a stealthy design, but that doesn't mean it isn't useful. For me, the security of my camp is primarily determined by its location anyway, not how well it blends into trees. The idea being, put it somewhere people aren't likely to just mosey past.

I'm glad this is tied to a server. Did you happen to go back into the same server after deploying it and seeing if it was still there after a reset? Theoretically it should be, anyway. This is step one in the journey from public hive to private hives :)

• Like 1

2. its gone

nope ;)

you can put it in a backpack, but just mountain and hunting backpack, since the Tent is 2x6 big (horizontal 2, vertical 6)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

It's certainly not a stealthy design, but that doesn't mean it isn't useful. For me, the security of my camp is primarily determined by its location anyway, not how well it blends into trees. The idea being, put it somewhere people aren't likely to just mosey past.

Well good luck with that. In the mod even with a far less busy map, hiding a much smaller camo tent was extremely hard. There's no way this tent will last you more than a day or two, unless you manage to put it in a rock or an unenterable building or something. Yet another new feature that the mod already did better 2 years ago, sigh.

• Like 1

Well good luck with that. In the mod even with a far less busy map, hiding a much smaller camo tent was extremely hard. There's no way this tent will last you more than a day or two, unless you manage to put it in a rock or an unenterable building or something. Yet another new feature that the mod already did better 2 years ago, sigh.

That's why they call it a mod, not a Standalone game.

The tent a shity

I have to admit that this tent model is 1) huge 2) very visible

But its a great start! now trying to get the answers on tent VS hive or Server?

2. its gone

I'd like confirmation on this, Wobo's video says different. Also you CAN put the tent in Hunter or mountain backpack.

I'm glad this is tied to a server. Did you happen to go back into the same server after deploying it and seeing if it was still there after a reset? Theoretically it should be, anyway. This is step one in the journey from public hive to private hives :)

mmm not for me, it doesnt go with the overall Hive setup in Dayz SA as opposed to the mod. What if the server is down/full for hours? The tent should be made an extension of your Backpack, simply not on your person

That's why they call it a mod, not a Standalone game.

I'm not sure I follow... For the exact reason this is a standalone game you would expect new features to be an improvement over what they were like in the mod where the devs were very limited to what they could and could not do. It looks like these tents have been put in the game for the hell of it rather than thinking things through.

I only just started giving the mod a try to see what all the fuss is about, so I'm not claiming to have much experience with it (~10 hours), but I don't see how that's possible. The map is huge, and in both the Standalone and the Mod I generally only see people utilize less than half of it.

I've already created a small list of potential campsite locations for myself, and I can't see a random person finding any of these places except completely by accident. Even if someone were hunting for a camp, the map is huge, and I'm not careless enough to set up shop anywhere near a trafficked area. At the same time, I'm enjoying the challenge this poses: the process of picking a secretive location, stocking it with supplies, showing it to people you trust, and potentially even defending it with your life. Does that not sound fun?? :) The only thing that excites me more is knowing that this is just the start. We'll hopefully be able to utilize a wider variety of items and structures in the future to make our camps unique and incredibly useful.

mmm not for me, it doesnt go with the overall Hive setup in Dayz SA as opposed to the mod. What if the server is down/full for hours? The tent should be made an extension of your Backpack, simply not on your person

What I was saying is that I want it to be like the mod. I don't want a public hive. I used to be opposed to the idea, but having played the mod for a bit now, I've come to learn that forming a community within a server is way more fun and beneficial than joining a different server every time you play. If everything is public, then nothing can be [semi-]permanent. The only thing I want public are rare items; I rather enjoy the theories people have come up with on the forums lately about how that should work.

Edited by Tatanko

I only just started giving the mod a try to see what all the fuss is about, so I'm not claiming to have much experience with it (~10 hours), but I don't see how that's possible. The map is huge, and in both the Standalone and the Mod I generally only see people utilize less than half of it.

It's very possible. In the mod your tent was never even close to safe even if you pitched it in the middle of nowhere inside a tree. Considering they're huge and you can't put them exactly where you want, you'll be able to spot these tents from such distance that they'll be useless even before vehicles and choppers are implemented.

It's very possible. In the mod your tent was never even close to safe even if you pitched it in the middle of nowhere inside a tree. Considering they're huge and you can't put them exactly where you want, you'll be able to spot these tents from such distance that they'll be useless even before vehicles and choppers are implemented.

in the mod you had cities of twenty tents persist over weeks without being compromised, with a Huey and a Ural parked inbetween. The new tent is an excellent choice.

Edited by e47

On empty servers maybe. I like how they "solved" the issue of placing tents by not letting us place the tent where we want but rather the game doing it for us instead.