Atilimus

No one takes RP or Talk before shot serioust enough!

God, yet again i waste my time by joining a server which clearly state " Roleplaying / Talk before shot " 

I was quite good geared, and i was roaming around to find something to eat.... i step out of the door and BAM 10-15 shots are flying my way. 

The question i have is: 

Are we as players ever gonna take server rules serious? Are there any way we are players can be ensured that we wont just get shot by someone who doesnt give a shit to which server they are joining and the server rules? 

Dayz has always been a Shot first, ask later game, which is why i join these " Safe servers " because i hate using 10+ hours to get great gear, and then just get shot for no reason. 

I know that by posting this topic, alot will say " Dont play Dayz if u dont like being shot " But hey, Thats why i join server's that are specific made for ppl who arent maniacs with a gun. 

How will admins ever gonna solve this problem? Theres no way to contact servers admins other then if the server has a homepage... and what am i gonna say? Random guy shot me? 

Players are the true evil in dayz... not zombies, not sickness.... just players. 

Any ideas on how this problem can be solved? buying my own server is not a solution!

Regards 

Atilimus

Edited by Atilimus
  • Like 1

People who RENT out servers are not able to set any "Rules", servers labeled as RP/Friendly/No-KOS are simply bait for those wanting some "Peace" in their DayZ experience in which Bandits and people who KOS will go to those servers to get easy kills.

From my experience Admin rights on the servers they RENT are limited to kicking people off or using Global chat to ask for people to be nice to one another, but there are NO rules they can set, and it's against the ToS to try and enforce anything like being friendly, ect.

• Like 2

If are u refering to 

" Players versus Enviroment only " 

Thats not what i mean, because there will always be ppl who are just haters, and will shot everything. But when u join a server, that stats: ROLEPLAY or TALK before u SHOOT .... shouldnt you as a player take that in regard before u automatically fire on other players? 

Think i just need a break from this game... been using way to much time being friendly, and collecting loot, just to die from the hands of some kid :). 

Edited by Atilimus

And what we're saying is that Admins can lable their server whatever they want to, but have no right to try and enforce it.

I agree that you should probably take a break from DayZ, and keep up being a Friendly player.

• Like 1

My friend is new bless him, only 5 hours in and he was so keen to do his looting on this "friendly" server. In his defence he'd actually met a couple of teams at the airfields and not been KOS. But I continued to tell him its foolish, not being shot at the airfield is like winning the lottery. So I reiterated over and over to keep his head down and avoid people like the plague. But yesterday he's in a police station, and he see's someone enter the building all tacticooled up, he ran right up behind him shouting "I'm behind you, don't shoot, friendly, friendly, im completely unarmed" this guy turned around and shot him dead. It was a tough lesson for my friend. Especially as that tacticool guy was me.

Edited by foxdie_01
  • Like 2

Thats not what i mean, because there will always be ppl who are just haters, and will shot everything. But when u join a server, that stats: ROLEPLAY or TALK before u SHOOT .... shouldnt you as a player take that in regard before u automatically fire on other players?

As annoying as it may be, they don't have to.

The problem with this game is that their is no other threat.... After kos the second most freq. killer is proberly hights. Zombies are a joke tbh... each village has what? 4-6 zombies.... a village should have 20-50 zombies... then there would be a reason to team up with other people, and not kos.

Edited by Atilimus
  • Like 1

Hopefully, as development goes on, there will be Other Things To Do in the game. This might reduce the proportion of players who shoot everything that moves, but it won't ever eliminate it completely.

Server admins can try to encourage friendly/co-op interactions by posting global messages on the server, but that's as far as they can take it. If you want to play in a friendlier environment, the only thing you can do is be friendly yourself all the time to everyone you meet, and hope it rubs off on some of them. You can be friendly, or at least interact without being openly hostile, while at the same time maintaining a degree of caution that doesn't totally expose yourself to the risk of murder.

Edited by Pillock

If are u refering to 

Think i just need a break from this game... been using way to much time being friendly, and collecting loot, just to die from the hands of some kid :). 

I agree its annoying that people only play this game like cod but no, server admins cannot make up rules for their servers including roleplay/talk before shoot. Reason, the server is connected to public hive which means anyone on that server may have an advantage over people on another server. Wait for public hives then you will get servers with rules they are allowed to enforce.

You need 10h+ to get geared up?!

Depending on what gear im looking for yes. Geared up is not 1 bandage + weap. Fully geared means ALL maps, one fully equiped main weapon and secondary, different cloths depending on role i play. Im not a serverjumper :).

Depending on what gear im looking for yes. Geared up is not 1 bandage + weap. Fully geared means ALL maps, one fully equiped main weapon and secondary, different cloths depending on role i play. Im not a serverjumper :).

Last time I died I was fully geared with camo clothing, an SKS with PU scope and food/medical supplies in under an hour, without server hopping. Just go away from the coast. I actually have before and after pictures.

This is what I had when I got killed.

Fj73dyB.png

This is less than an hour later.

7qVa2Xi.png

In that second picture I have a scoped Mosin but I'm also holding an SKS in my hands in-game.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 3

Last time I died I was fully geared with camo clothing, an SKS with PU scope and food/medical supplies in under an hour, without server hopping. Just go away from the coast.

We all have our different preferences... and mine is not a Sks... and for scopes, i would need atleast 2... one for close combat, and one for long range :). Then i would need 1 maybe 2 secondry's. One with sillencer and flashlight, and another as a backup. atleast 2 clips for the first gun, and 1 for the second. Normally i would prefere a mosin as my main, however a m4 aint that bad, but it requires alot of extra stuff the mosin doenst. Food and water aint something i consider a must, since its easy to find. 

Want me to keep talking about what i need, or does this give a clear veiw why it might take a little longer then normal to be " fully equipped " :P

God, yet again i waste my time by joining a server which clearly state " Roleplaying / Talk before shot "

These servers should not exist. There's your problem right there.

You cannot make rules that deviate from how the game is intended to be played. I understand that some people want to just play loot/friendship simulator 2014, however, playing with absolutely no threat of death is just plain boring. Interacting with other players should always be a risk, for positive or negative - that is DayZ.

Edited by Forrelist
  • Like 3

The only way to be sure not to be killed is to join a large group with weapons and a good stash of ammo.  And yet, you still risk being taken down by a sniper.

The westside of the map is your friend! If I spawn fresh I walk straight to Zelenogorsk with enough towns to loot food, drinks and clothes on the way. With the occasional walk on the wildside to Balota/Cherno.

Make sure to check the military base near Zeleno. After checking Zeleno I travel up to Pustovka/Vybor and sometimes check green mountain. Theres also a military base south of the NWAF, close to vybor which is always worth checking out. By this time you should be geared up like Rambo which can be done from anyone in under 3 hours.

From here you are free to go where ever you want. Check other nearby military bases, check NWAF, Vybor, go back to Zeleno or even Cherno/Balota and repeat. Hope this helps for your next run.

To me serverhopping is not needed, also I don't use maps wether the ingame one nor any of the metamaps.

RaLLhW9.png

This has been achieved in 3-5 hours just roaming the westside of the map. I also have 2 plastic cases, an ammubox full of ammunition, 2 medical cases and a binocular. Hope this helps!

Edit: Btw if you ever come across Robin Sparkles and Charlie Waffles leave the server immediately ;) My Girlfriend is a fucking psychopath. She even killed me once. :lol:

Edited by sm00tje

If are u refering to 

Only time I ever KOS is on those type of servers.

And I'm 28..

Thanks...

Edited by RyBo

Honestly, at some time in the future, after zombies are actually spawning in numbers soas to be a threat, I hope there will be PvE servers. 

Because honestly I prefer helping people instead of being shot by them.  Hence my neutral medic playstyle.

But by my experience thusfar is mine is an unpopular stance. 

The problem with this game is that their is no other threat.... After kos the second most freq. killer is proberly hights. Zombies are a joke tbh... each village has what? 4-6 zombies.... a village should have 20-50 zombies... then there would be a reason to team up with other people, and not kos.

Right now since it's under heavy development and early stage, most of the things we have in-game are placeholders. As Max Planck said too, server Admins cannot put rules or enforce them in any way right now. Eventually you'll have whitelisted or passworded servers for PVE or Roleplay only, but not right now. That's how it is.

Some say you need to join big squads and what not to "survive". Well, I'm a lone wolf 95% of the time, and I die very rarely. My stable branch regular character has been alive since February... Granted, I don't play very often with me recently with all the new bits and pieces we get on experimental.

On the side note of taking X amount of time to get geared up, it can take 10 mins for some, and hours for others depending what they are looking for. If for you getting geared up needs an M4, you can take days to get "fully geared". As for me, most of my items are civilian type so it usually doesn't take much time. But then again, with my personal play style, I never get "fully geared" as I always keep looking to change this or that or to add specific new items implemented to keep me wandering, exploring, and looking for some more adventures.

To each his own.

• Like 1

We all have our different preferences... and mine is not a Sks... and for scopes, i would need atleast 2... one for close combat, and one for long range :). Then i would need 1 maybe 2 secondry's. One with sillencer and flashlight, and another as a backup. atleast 2 clips for the first gun, and 1 for the second. Normally i would prefere a mosin as my main, however a m4 aint that bad, but it requires alot of extra stuff the mosin doenst. Food and water aint something i consider a must, since its easy to find. 

With needing all that weapon arsenal, are you really that friendly you claim to be? :lol:

Some people just don't know the fun of talking to people before either trading or engaging. When I've played alone I've been startled at the number of people who don't just run off. Of course you have the one or two idiots who charge you, but I suppose I've just been luckier in how interesting my experiences have been.

From now on...take the server description and admin msgs as a suggestion not a rule B)  

Its hard to take YOU seriously when you misspell "serious/seriously".

EDIT:

at the risk of sounding offensive, I will state that this comment was made in well meaning sarcasm. Please, don't take this comment too serostly.

Edited by Crazykage

Its hard to take YOU seriously when you misspell "serious/seriously".

EDIT:

at the risk of sounding offensive, I will state that this comment was made in well meaning sarcasm. Please, don't take this comment too serostly.

To be fair. the guy is clearly not a native speaker of English, judginge bye the severalt others  inaccuracie in he's post.