Sign in to follow this  
Death By Crowbar

Apparently I've NEVER eaten rotten fruit before...

Dunno how... but if I'm reading this right it's:

1. Sick
  2. Very Sick
  3. Critically Sick
  4. Death

.... unless I find/eat charcoal tabs, is that accurate? Man, clicking too fast and ate a stupid rotten pepper. F peppers.

I ate a rotten strawberry once. And nothing happened.

GG DayZ

Yeah................. You take some charcoal tabs, those will cure you riiiiight up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Without charcoal tabs is it sure death, even if I eat and drink a ton? I think I'm at least 3 towns away from anything medial that might have the charcoal tabs, and fading fast.

Without charcoal tabs is it sure death, even if I eat and drink a ton? I think I'm at least 3 towns away from anything medial that might have the charcoal tabs, and fading fast.

THE DOCTOR ORDERS:

Eating and drinking A LOT!!! You will die of starvation/thirst faster than you will die of any real ailment- and you could even heal!

Also, wait until the sickness progresses into the "infection" stage, (I think that is orange?) and clean your wounds with disinfectant or alcohol.

If all else fails, find a medic at the RRF or TMW.

Good luck out there :D

• Like 3

Haven't done so recently, but last time I ate rotten food I survived it (barely).  If you were healthy you should be 'alright', just be ready to hunt down some not rotten food and water and grab a book to recover.

Just keep yourself fully energized and hydrated. My friend force-fed me a rotten zucchini and I survived it without charcoal tablets. The tablets have to be taken shortly after you eat the rotten fruit or they'll have no effect anyway.

I believe you can drink water until you throw up but better make sure you've got food supply after.

No you don't die from rotten fruit, at the moment nothing is affected by being sick, accept annoying messages.

Wish this changes soon

No you don't die from rotten fruit, at the moment nothing is affected by being sick, accept annoying messages.

Wish this changes soon

Actually, I ate a raw steak 2 days ago and it decreased my thirst level much faster than before. It also made me vomit twice, until I took charcoal tabs that cured the sickness after a while (not immediate effect, I was Very sick)

I just survived food poisoning by throwing up a couple timed to cure the 'sick' status and then got hydrated and energized. I was healthy writhing about 20 min of getting rid of the 'sick' status.

Good luck and if all else fails, there is a medic thread.

And you are sure you got sick? You can get lucky not to get sick by eating rotten fruit (apparently there is some sort of percentage). You only got sick if it wrote "My mouth tastes funny" straight afterward.

I ate a piece of rotten fruit many patches ago and if I recall correctly I survived. Turned black and white at some point and I think my character vomitted

• Like 1

Don't know if this is still accurate, otherwise food poisoning starts at around the 5 minute mark.

• Like 2

I ate worms recently and got sick. I'm not certain, but I assume the mechanics for 'worm poisoning' and 'rotten fruit poisoning' are the same.

My sickness status indicator progressed to dark orange in colour and I was getting messages saying 'I feel faint' and 'I feel unsteady'.

I kept eating and drinking whenever I could, though, and managed to maintain the 'Energised' and 'hydrated' status. After a while, the sickness indicator disappeared, and I stopped getting the messages about nausea/unsteadiness/faintness.

I did take me over an hour after this of maintaining the energised and hydrated status to regain the 'Healthy' status, but I now seem to be fully recovered.

Don't know if this is still accurate, otherwise food poisoning starts at around the 5 minute mark.

Seems accurate as most sicknesses I had went that way. However, players who don't care to get/stay healthy will probably have a much harder time surviving (especially chemical poisoning should be certain death without being healthy and having a water source nearby).

I survived eating rotten fruit without charcoal tabs once but it was not on patch .46

On .46 without charcoal tabs you will probably die.

Edited by Frosti

Well, minor update - I finished out my session surviving maybe another hour with my screen getting grey and the "I feel sick" or whatever status when you hit tab going to a very dark maroon red. I am fully hydrated and energized though, so who knows? Pray for me! Perhaps tonight I'll update with whatever my fate ends up being so it's not a lost learning experience. I'm going to try to survive...

This video's explanation matches exactly my experience of the effects of eating the wrong stuff. It also shows the health mechanics to be much more in-depth than I'd thought they were. I do think the health mechanics and the relevant notifications of your status need to be refined, but it looks like the foundations are in place for some really interesting gameplay features coming in down the line.

It's well worth a watch, even if it is quite long and the narrator's "jokes" are pretty rubbish.

So, did you guys do this just to see what would happen?

Nah, I ate a piece of rotten fruit because I was starving.

"EAT HE KIWI! EAT THE FU%*IN KIWI! Eat AAAALLL THE KIWI!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

ate some rotten fruit - felt a funny taste

progressed to sickness

drank disinfectant to 'clear the pipes'

got worse

grey

white

black

unconscious

respawn.

I hope this helps :)

* don't drink the disinfectant it's a cheap russian brand and doesn't cure your ills.