Sign in to follow this  
Dawgstyl

Nav Mesh

Looks like it needs some work, but its fun locking them in building for the next player to open the door and sh*t there pants.. LOL

Good bye my friend............................

ZSvoyHC.jpg

• Like 2

Locking them into buildings is so old school.. Why not lock them on top of the buildings? ;)

1st pict , that zombie want to feel the sunset

2nd pict, he got bath after long2 time not doing so

Zed on a Hot Tin Roof:

2014-03-22_00001.jpg

(Took that a few months ago.)

• Like 2

Looks like it needs some work, but its fun locking them in building for the next player to open the door and sh*t there pants.. LOL

Don't zombies ignore walls anymore?

Edited by Aranthir

Don't zombies ignore walls anymore?

Hint, look at name of thread. It's experimental, but it's getting close. 

The good: no more zombies through the walls.

The bad: zombies are now more of a joke and will have to be exponentially increased in numbers and strength to compensate.

The bad: zombies are now more of a joke and will have to be exponentially increased in numbers and strength to compensate.

They do still go through doors sometimes. Of course, they actually path find AROUND stuff instead of just barreling through entire buildings, and they climb stairs better.. but they still will SOMETIMES come through doors  you lock them behind.

I've no doubt that increasing zombie numbers is the plan. I'm hoping they don't make them any stronger in an attempt to compensate in the meantime, though. 

Glad to see that this navmesh thing is finally becoming a reality. I might have to download experimental and have a looksie.

You mean they actually followed their own road map and worked on the thing they said they would. Presumably it's late in coming hence the constant bitching about the game?

• Like 1

1st pict , that zombie want to feel the sunset

2nd pict, he got bath after long2 time not doing so

Nah, second zombie just lost a fortune when the stock market crashed.

I don't think they should be stronger because if you already have 2 zombie on you, it might be difficult (at this time at least (and if you don't have a gun )) to get rid of them.

Since the last patch, its easier to kill them, but still, the fact that there will be more zeds is enough. No need to make them super zombies.

I'm looking forward to see how they will improve the navmesh, because in reality (in the movies) if you block a door front of a zeds, he's not going to go by the other door on the other side of the building. So, hopefully they will begin like real zeds :).

After that I hope the animation will also rework a bit, because they looks like a bit... hmm... like robot no ? rotating on themselves and hitting you every x seconde. I would love to see zeds spamming hit like they would normallly do.

Question - with the navmesh what happens with low fences we must hit "v" to vault over, do zeds run around them, through them, or do they too jump now?

Question - with the navmesh what happens with low fences we must hit "v" to vault over, do zeds run around them, through them, or do they too jump now?

You'd think by now they'd run around them lol

but no...they still are quite fond of running through them

• Like 1

They run around them. I suspect they will eventually implement an ability for them to jump over them, because it is at them moment ridiculously easy to lose them like that.

• Like 2

They run around them. I suspect they will eventually implement an ability for them to jump over them, because it is at them moment ridiculously easy to lose them like that.

I still have had multiple instances of zombies running through fences. You're lucky.

For me they've run around the fences every time. Good strategy to put distance between you and a trailing zombie.

They seem to have the most issues with certain buildings, especially the hoppers.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I tried experimental after some guidance from couple of members on this forum. Yes it was nice knowing you were safe inside, but unfortunately it doesnt work all the time, and that can get you into alot of trouble. To me zombies are too hard in experimental, i was trapped in a house with one of those monkey crawlers, who cares little about walls ha ha. Being trapped in a tight space with a creature that lunges like an olympic athlete, ended up in me dying very quickly. He was facing away from me half oh body in the wall, and i was getting hit, while he was perfectly fine. Lets just say i couldnt wait to get back to steady servers. At least there i know what to expect.

With hunting and basic crafting, looking for items, i finally have a reason to play this game again.

. At least there i know what to expect.

With hunting and basic crafting, looking for items, i finally have a reason to play this game again.

Glad to hear that part suits you. I didn't seem to care for it, but I did enough hunting/fishing/crafting in WOW that I NEVER want to do it in a video game again. I did go out and shoot two deer once they implemented hunting, but it wasn't my cup of tea. The whole concept of building a fire seems bad too. Not sure why I need a rock if I am inside a garage or barn. Sticks and matches should suffice, but maybe they have a bigger plan.

That being said, I haven't logged on in about a week. The game just hit a bit of a dead-spell for me, and I need a break. I suspect I will log back on soon, but I do think that Navmesh would bring me back for some playtime.

Glad to hear that part suits you. I didn't seem to care for it, but I did enough hunting/fishing/crafting in WOW that I NEVER want to do it in a video game again. I did go out and shoot two deer once they implemented hunting, but it wasn't my cup of tea. The whole concept of building a fire seems bad too. Not sure why I need a rock if I am inside a garage or barn. Sticks and matches should suffice, but maybe they have a bigger plan.

That being said, I haven't logged on in about a week. The game just hit a bit of a dead-spell for me, and I need a break. I suspect I will log back on soon, but I do think that Navmesh would bring me back for some playtime.

Based on what I can grasp from your post, I'm not sure you'll like the direction of this game as a whole. I don't mean any offense by this, but the way I understand it is that as time goes on the SA will be more and more centered on survival and crafting. At the moment, campfires, cooking, and hunting are pretty much useless due to the massive amounts of food and other loot lying all over the place and as a result it's just a PVP-fest once your geared within the hour. Not to mention the upcoming implementation of survival mechanics such as warmth and sickness.

I personally look forward to the day where not only will loot be rare, but cities will be much more dangerous to enter - perhaps convincing more people to hunt and craft in order to survive.  Also, the the current AI for wildlife is still a placeholder as far as I know. 

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I know at the moment loot is just scattered around, but at least much needed sticks are all around the woods in case of a broken leg. I keep on finding rocks on a second floor bedroom but none in solichniyi quarry, ha ha.

I dont think dayz will ever go too far in crafting, but at least it gives us lone wolves something to do while walking around aimlessly. Im not into pvp all that much, so i dont run or server hop military buildings to get guns and ammo. At the moment i have the feel of a real survival game . 15 bullets in my mosin, 10 in my magnum, and i cherish everyone of them. Just the other day i came across a deer for the first time(congrats to devs for hiring hunting game experts, that deer moved around as if i was watching a documentary), and i decided not to shoot it, i have heaps of food and not too many bullets. Its decisions like this that mean realism to me. I avoid people, and watch them through my scope from hills, i dont shoot them either, i just make sure they arent coming towards me. Zombies (lucky for so few) are easily rid off with my machete, which i would love to be able to resharpen, an idea for devs.

which i would love to be able to resharpen, an idea for devs.

It works with rock+knife  , haven't tried with the machete tho

I tried experimental after some guidance from couple of members on this forum. Yes it was nice knowing you were safe inside, but unfortunately it doesnt work all the time, and that can get you into alot of trouble. To me zombies are too hard in experimental, i was trapped in a house with one of those monkey crawlers, who cares little about walls ha ha. Being trapped in a tight space with a creature that lunges like an olympic athlete, ended up in me dying very quickly. He was facing away from me half oh body in the wall, and i was getting hit, while he was perfectly fine. Lets just say i couldnt wait to get back to steady servers. At least there i know what to expect.

This sounds about perfect to me :)

Make them hard. 10 body shots or 1 head shot. Time to survive or die!