Max Planck

Resolution problems? Read here before posting!

Is your resolution incorrect? Can you not seem to adjust it no matter what you do?

Here is the solution:

First method:

1. Set aspect ratio

2. Quit game

3. Relaunch, then set resolution.

Second method:

1. Locate the .cfg file here: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg and open it with wordpad or similar.

2. Change the resolution values, thusly:

Resolution_W=1920
Resolution_H=1080

Remember to replace those values with your monitor's native resolution.

3. Save and launch DayZ.

Guide with pictures

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 6

Welp, I accidently set my graphics resolution to the lowest it can go while trying to get my textures to stop focusing in and out (Really hurts the eyes). Now I can't read any of the text on the main menu, and my cursor is freakin huge. I managed to navigate to the resolution settings but I couldn't go any higher than 600 x 400. I've deleted and re-installed the game, deleted the settings / config file / whatever you call it / everything related to DayZ and everytime I reinstall it's still the same. Still... Like this:

(There was a screenshot here of a very low res DayZ, but I couldn't take the screenshot with my Prnt Scrn button or any other screenshot tools I happen to have. Trust, its really bad. The entire screen is about the resolution of 4 game shortcuts on a desktop)

Anyway, for some reason I can't fix this. Maybe I deleted the wrong file or something, which I probably did, so if someone could give me a run through on how to fix this that would be great.

• Like 1

This also fixes it, because for me the config file  did not work for me.

(in case the graphics resolution is not showing its screen max).

options - user interface (UI) settings- set to max res (mine is 1920x1080) this will refresh the menu- back to start screen- options-video-graphic resolution to max again-fixed.

In stable version it is best to not change the resolution or press default (this also means don't use the presets low to ultra because they change resolution) until they fix this.

I accidently hit the default button in my settings and now I can't change the resulotion back to 1920x1080. The highest setting I can find now is 1280x960... I tried to reinstall Dayz but it didn't help.

How can I fix this? Help appriciated.

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it :)

Edited by Kaboki

I accidently hit the default button in my settings and now I can't change the resulotion back to 1920x1080. The highest setting I can find now is 1280x960... I tried to reinstall Dayz but it didn't help.

How can I fix this? Help appriciated.

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it :)

HOW DID YOU FIX IT. PLZ REPLY

HOW DID YOU FIX IT. PLZ REPLY

At first I was fiddling with the rendering resolution before I discovered that I had too go into 'user interface' settings and change the resolution from there.

i reset my laptop, and then downloaded day Z again, and my resolution was buggered! i cant even read the writing! and im not great at understanding computers, will doing what you suggested fix it do you have any idea? could you put it in a way that i wil understand haha! im a douche i know!!

What's the difference between the resolution settings in video and video-user interface anyway? I installed the game literally few minutes ago and already am going nuts over the settings that don't make any sense at all. The first screen only lets me choose up to 1280x960, but in the interface screen (which I assumed was only related to the menus or something) I think I could choose anything. The problem is that when I go back to the previous screen and try to choose very high quality, it resets everything back to 1280x960 and custom. I don't get it. And even if I managed to somehow set the correct resolution, the video screen was still showing 1280x960 - what in the bloody hell is that?

I also usually play in windowed mode, but I can't change the resolution for that either!

Is this all a bug or something?

Yes I did read the posts here, just kind of ranting.

And the windowed mode doesn't work at all :(

Edited by Guest

Is your resolution incorrect? Can you not seem to adjust it no matter what you do?

Here is the solution:

First method:

1. Set aspect ratio

2. Quit game

3. Relaunch, then set resolution.

Second method:

1. Locate the .cfg file here: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg and open it with wordpad or similar.

2. Change the resolution values, thusly:

Resolution_W=1920

Resolution_H=1080

Remember to replace those values with your monitor's native resolution.

3. Save and launch DayZ.

http://cloud-4.steam...9B45F62F1EDA9D/

http://cloud-4.steam...7C1C5F340BB7DE/

plz help!!! The hotbar and text are messed up i hit default button and i cant fix it

Edited by TR4_HERO

i`m having a wierd problem with the game atm. I have played DayZ for a few months, then all of a sudden a few days ago when i logged in the screen was just black, i can hear the menu sounds but there is no image. I have deleted the .cfg file and now i can start the game, it goes into default 800x600 resolution. However, every time i try to change the resolution the screen just goes black again and i can`t do anything else until i delete .cfg again. I have tried both ways that are stated in the main post, still nothing. I have reverted to an older version of my GFX driver, nothing. I basically tried everything i could think of and find on forums. Can anyone help with this? My GFX card is nVidia GeForce GTX 660.

I would like to mention that i have not changed anything regarding the game or my drivers since i last played it and it worked.

• Like 1

I've noticed in my video settings that my 'interface resolution* is set to 2880*1800*32 shouldn't it be 1440*900 since this is my screen res?  It doesn't give me an option to change it though only to 'windowed'. My game is so laggy its unbearable to play, it's extremely laggy in the menu too. I think this may be the problem, I tried editing the file to 1440 / 900 but it just changed back when I run it I think. Any ideas?

This isn't normal, surely? http://tinypic.com/r/258t75x/8

Edited by GregTheGangster

After yesterday's 0.50 update, my resolution problem has returned!

Even after editing the .cfg file (following the "resolution fix", which I have memorized by now) several times, the problem is still present!

Will try again tonight after work!

For me not working... when i delete dayz reinstall  in cfg file its now on 75 hertz i change value set low resolutions desktop,cfg file and stil the screen black or power saving mode...

i try in first day at 0.50 patch to set 75 hertz and i enter game few seconds and stil black screen.... now we wait for a new fix from development or what we ask for our money back ? :))

THANKS!!

GREETINGS FROM CHILE!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edited by rollers.01

I've tried everything. I use windows 8.1, and every time I try it keeps saying "Invalid Signal". My computers resolution is 1024 x 768, and everything I've tried just does not work.I've read at least 10 forums and they say the same solution.

Nothing seems to work. I've tried editing the file with notepad, changing user interface resolution, changing graphics resolution, restarting, restarting after setting user interface resolution. followed all instructions and still nothing. Can't play the game currently. Seems the resolution won't change to 1920x1080 no matter what I try. It's always stuck on a certain resolution. Any further help would be appreciated.

i reset my laptop, and then downloaded day Z again, and my resolution was buggered! i cant even read the writing! and im not great at understanding computers, will doing what you suggested fix it do you have any idea? could you put it in a way that i wil understand haha! im a douche i know!!

if your problem hasn't been respolved, this is the esact way to fix your problem. Go to your desktop, go to documents, go to DayZ. open up the dayz.cfg file. Then find Resolution_W=  Resolution_H=

then set them to Resolution_W=1920

Resolution_H=1080

or your custom resolution. but most people use 1920x1080.

Then save the cfg file by switching it back from txt to cfg (if that's how you edited it) and your problem should be fixed! if not, research it a little more.

• Like 1