EduardoMaia

Camo Suit!

You want a CAMO SUIT on Dayz SA?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. You want a CAMO SUIT on Dayz SA?

936046_728543900548375_87508381941098963

WTF IS THIS???

Dayz will now be a pvp game?

Where is the survivor? I only see people changing server (or admins restarting servers) to loot the best itens, and them, go to a full server to kill all. ok ok, we have militar base, guns, etc, but please...

I dont want camo suit. Is to much for a survivor game.

• Like 1

if this is real...

ARMA-Z incomming...

so sad its going step by step to an new milsim.

whats next? harriers and apaches?

if this is real...

ARMA-Z incomming...

Are you two deranged? Do you know how easy it is to make your own Ghillie suit? It's piss easy. You get a net, you get soom green/brown wool/string and then you tie leaves to the wool/string. 

• Like 4

iam not against a camo suite at all, but it should be craftable, and items to craft should be rare. it also should disable the ability to carry a backpack. so you have to chose between the suite and space

• Like 1

Are you two deranged? Do you know how easy it is to make your own Ghillie suit? It's piss easy. You get a net, you get soom green/brown wool/string and then you tie leaves to the wool/string. 

deranged? wtf lol

dayz is not a milsim if u want play a milsim then plz play arma or sniper elite.

it wont take long and EVERYONE ingame wear a ghillie if they add it to the standart loot spawn... finnaly everyone dupe one if ppl found nothing...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

deranged? wtf lol

dayz is not a milsim if u want play a milsim then plz play arma or sniper elite.

it wont take long and EVERYONE ingame wear a ghillie if they add it to the standart loot spawn... finnaly everyone dupe one if ppl found nothing...

Dayz Chewaka Alone will be the name/game!

mys0007n.jpg

deranged? wtf lol

I've literally just told you how easy it is to make a ghillie suit. You don't need to be in the military to create/wear one. By golly. Ignorant, aren't we?

iam not against a camo suite at all, but it should be craftable, and items to craft should be rare. it also should disable the ability to carry a backpack. so you have to chose between the suite and space

What's rare about rope and leaves on the ground? And disabling the backpack? Really? It's not hard to make a suit big enough to cover a backpack too. I think they'll make it so the backpack is sticking out the back so you'd need a hunting back, green taloon or the improvised bag otherwise you'd be too bait.

• Like 1

QQ. Surplus uniforms are very easy to find all over the world and it takes little skill to make camo netting and fashion it into a suit.

• Like 1

HELL YEAH! BUSH WOOKIES!!!!

They would be fun if craftable rather than just a standard loot drop in a barracks.
Wrapping rifles in burlap and leaves would also kick ass!

I'm in no way a bandit, i can definitely see the appeal of disappearing into the woodland to avoid the clown mask brigade, recon an area for a while and then move in to loot before making a retreat back to safety!

• Like 1

Yeah on a related note, I really like how the clown masks became a bandit thing. If only something like the UN berets or medic uniforms became a way of IDing neutrals.

I suppose some people tend to "hype" some things and predict the end of the (game) world.

From a realistic standpoint, anyone with the knowledge / will / tools can make some makeshift ghillie suit in no time. If you balance it out a bit so it won't be piss easy ingame (and therefore result in a wrong balance) then all is more or less well.

As for the whole "Milsim" and panicking people:

DayZ is still changing, and will change a lot. No one knows in what direction it will go precisely and we'll surely see some "nerfs" and tweaks but you HAVE to be honest here: This is not 321412 years after the collapse of civilization. It's, perhaps, within few years of the collapse of modern society with plenty of loot and objects from said society left mostly intact. That includes previously used military gear. In some aspects, DayZ is already a milsim.

Again, as long as THE main focus is not on the mil and on the sim, it's more or less okay.

if this is real...

ARMA-Z incomming...

Ghillie suits being included

Therefore

Harriers and Apaches will be too.

Excuse me while I try to regain the IQ I just lost.

• Like 4

I voted yes for camo suit, or a gilly suit. I would like to see it an item you can craft using burlap sacks, brush or grass and ropes...possibly. The reason I say this is most scout snipers make there own gilly suits so they should be craft able, just like the improvised pack, but with more steps. Also they should costume so say If you want one to blend in with grass you use grass or what ever surroundings you want to blend in with. 

Maybe also have pre made ones that are rare drops.

I did see one DayZ TV they are adding more rifle camo options using burlap sacks which is vary cool.

Just a thought.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Ghillie suits being included

Therefore

Harriers and Apaches will be too.

Excuse me while I try to regain the IQ I just lost.

welcome to arma 4...

sad...

Yes, because said before, it is kind of easy to make. As long they make it a craftable Item. 

Milsim? As long there are no AS50 and Tanks Im fine :)

I don't mind ghillie suits and more army specific loot to be added into the game. If people don't like it, I am sure private hives will work out just fine, while letting those of us who enjoy having many choices of how to approach DayZ, the ability to do so.

So funny seeing people against military items in this game when they fail to realize that most people including them would gather as much military loot as they could if a situation like this ever occurred in the world, and not even zombie apocalypse either i mean any sort of world ending or major government shut down because lets face it military items are key in most survival.

back on topic though a gillie suit would be nice to have as long as its only craft able and not just found. Also to the "welcome to Arma 4" people i know a hundred non-military people who own gillies for hunting or if shit goes down or hell even for fun ... its not uncommon in civilian life at all so please quite down your slander is not needed here ... go find the post about nukes and flying warships that shoot lasers out of their ass to talk down on.     

936046_728543900548375_87508381941098963

WTF IS THIS???

Dayz will now be a pvp game?

Where is the survivor? I only see people changing server (or admins restarting servers) to loot the best itens, and them, go to a full server to kill all. ok ok, we have militar base, guns, etc, but please...

with camo suits I suppose you mean a Ghillie suit?

These are already confirmed as craft-able items, burlap rope and kindling as far as I know, same goes for weapon camo (with plants).

So the argument that we shouldn't have camo outfits because the game should focus on survival more and pvp less is nonsensical, at best.

Guess what.  All single player PVE content in every single MMO (including this one) poses no challenge whatsoever.  The only PVE content that can be considered difficult at all are the large raid hardmode bosses at the bleeding edge of progression content. (even that requires multiple real people interaction)

I roll my eyes every time I hear some noob claim that this game is challenging when it's not pvp.  The only challenge that an MMO will ever provide for the single player is pvp combat. 

People who wear ghillie suits in real life.

1. Snipers obviously

2. Most forms of hunters

3. Nature photographers

Places the average Joe can obtain ghillie suits

1. Military surplus shops

2. Hunting supply stores

3. Hobby shops specializing in airsoft accessories

4. The internet

5. Large department chains (where all the required items can be purchased seperately to craft a suit)

Tell me again how un-realistic these are?

But seriously OP, in a survival situation these are perfect a lone survivor can plant his back end in a bush while observing a location that may have zombies. Or while hunting.

Also Ghillie material can be applied to almost anything. Including backpacks in this case one should either have to attach it to a hunting pack or it should cover the pack and must be removed to access the pack if it's on a mountain pack or similar.

These are not just military suits they are everyday supplies for people that interact with nature especially photogs and hunters. Even bird watchers. Just like lens/scope covers that reduce the chances that the sun or any other light source will glint/reflect of them giving away your position.

And finally this is a pvp game, once tey spawn larger hordes of zombies PVE might become more difficult.

I just want to put some camo netting on my helmet.

VXQsArK.jpg

That or a mitznefet.

1024px-Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_

If it comes with appropriate downsides there is nothing wrong with it.

They're hot as balls, so there's that.

They're hot as balls, so there's that.

Depends really some of them aren't as bad as others. No more than the military uniforms already in game. I do think they should negate the ability to wear a helmet though (if hooded) but still allow for a mask