Mr. Winter

When do we get Tents

i hope in the next 4 weeks, what do you think?

I think the right question is: when do we get persistent objects? Tents (or more general - persistent containers in whatever form) will follow after that

As I understood the first steps to create persistent objects are being taken by the devs.

i think the right question is: when do we get tents?

besides the fact that the coding of the tents is done as far as i know

Edited by Mr. Winter

What use would a tent be to you when you can only pitch it for a few hours and if you get session lost you lose it?

i think the right question is: when do we get tents?

besides the fact that the coding of the tents is done as far as i know

Are you looking at just having some place to go lay down or something??

I thought the killer part was the persistent storage?? If so, then it could just be a specialized container of about 12 slots that you can take and drop in the woods. A tent isn't necessary at all. I have NO desire to ever see a tent. Experience shows that after each patch, tent loot disappears. I figure it's just as likely our persistent gear will disappear from any erected tent as well.

Edited by randomspawn

16 Juli 2012
19,99€
Einkauf
Arma II: Combined Operations (ROW)

i played the mod since release

maybe thats why i want to see tents ;)

experience shows tents in the mod was the best thing ever. lol i imagine to sit next to fucking container in my base instead of a nice tent, NICE ATMOSPHERE.

Edited by Mr. Winter

Do you need tents or do you just want persistent storage? That can be done also with backpacks, fridges etc.

Do you need tents or do you just want persistent storage? That can be done also with backpacks, fridges etc.

i need tents.

the reason should be clear.

Edited by Mr. Winter

Will we be able to enter tents or are they only for loot storage?

The reason I'm asking is camera has a hard time when a player enters a hunting cabin and these cabins are a lot bigger than tents.

Will we be able to enter tents or are they only for loot storage?

The reason I'm asking is camera has a hard time when a player enters a hunting cabin and these cabins are a lot bigger than tents.

Not in first person ;)

• Like 1

follow reddit

Oooh, there it goes, round that corner. Just hang on good buddy, i'm gonna catch you...

Well, Rocket said they are CURRENTLY working on in game containers like the refrigerator and over etc. Im sure once they get that mechanic dealt with in the server code it wouldn't be hard to finally implement tents.

I'm already pitching a tent just thinking about it.  ;)

i need tents.

the reason should be clear.

You are being rather obtuse so no it isn't clear.

See, you are confusing that "need" word with the word "want". They do not mean the same thing. You want tents,  you in no way need them. 

Tents were fairly awful. They were easy to see, easy to destroy, and buggy as heck when storing things. I used to set 2-3 up in an area where someone might set up a base and then about 200m away dig in my stashes in a better concealed place. Throw some semi garbage in the tents and the occasional find like antibiotics and check them every so often to see what the traffic is. People would loot the tents and not find the stashes for the most part. 

I, for one, am hoping they use tents for purposes other than just storage or storage and give us other options for persistent storage.

You are being rather obtuse so no it isn't clear.

See, you are confusing that "need" word with the word "want". They do not mean the same thing. You want tents,  you in no way need them. 

Yeah im so obtuse cause of colloquially terms, lol

• Like 1

Yeah im so obtuse cause of colloquially terms, lol

Need is not a colloquial term that relates to want. It is a term thrown about by those with an overblown sense of entitlement on a regular basis and I could see how they could consider the two the same since they tend to assume every little whim they have must be fulfilled. 

Someone states they need chocolate. I then assume they are diabetic with low sugar and need the quick boost, or maybe have a migraine and need a small dose of caffeine. Those are actual "needs". If chocolate is not available I might help them find a substitute like a soda pop which can have much the same effects. I might ask what their particular need for that is so I can give them orange juice for the sugar or coffee for the caffeine. 

If they go, "Oh well I just felt like some chocolate." then that was a "want" not a "need".

Yes I am a pedantic ass, but you don't "need" anything in a GAME you want it. 

anyone manage to find a pristine tent in the chicken coops? I only seen people find badly dmged one. Mine is also badly dmged 

I cant seem to find one period haha xD which is rather unfortunate as I want to do some extensive experimenting with them

Edited by DeatHTaX