gibonez

Love the New Sway

I like it.

Ever carried 10 kg or gear 3-4kg of rifle and ran 1k?

Takes you awhile to catch your breath. Even while prone, You'd need a bipod to stabilize yourself.

Are you using hold breath? I have mine rebound from right mouse and it definitely helps. While prone and after a  bit to rest after a run, i can get the mosin sway to be pretty minimal with hold breath. Personally i love the new sway. As a Texan who regularly shoots rifles, and who has never had any formal training, holding a heavy rifle still is hard, very hard. So making long shots is now much harder, but certainly not impossible, and too me, thats a good thing.

I like it.

Ever carried 10 kg or gear 3-4kg of rifle and ran 1k?

Takes you awhile to catch your breath. Even while prone, You'd need a bipod to stabilize yourself.

I have actually. After i laid down for five minutes i was perfectly capable of holding my rifle pretty much still and make really accurate shots past 500 meters.

• Like 1

It is a BUG and needs to be fixed. Holding breath function in game is for a reason and since 49 patch it doesn't work at all. If people tried playing the game before posting nonsense about how "realistic it is now" or how "you never carried 10kg weapon" they would know what OP means.

• Like 1

Are you using hold breath? I have mine rebound from right mouse and it definitely helps. While prone and after a  bit to rest after a run, i can get the mosin sway to be pretty minimal with hold breath. Personally i love the new sway. As a Texan who regularly shoots rifles, and who has never had any formal training, holding a heavy rifle still is hard, very hard. So making long shots is now much harder, but certainly not impossible, and too me, thats a good thing.

Hold breath only reduces the figure of eight to about half of what it is, as i said within 300 meters this will make it pretty much spot on, whats the longest distance kill you have in dayz out of interest ???

The issue here is for extremely long distances, 800 to 1000 meter shots, please go and give that a try  in game and tell me that you would be unable to make that shot in real life without a massive sway. As i said in the op when you are at that distance you are trying to hit a target the size of a dinner plate, it is currently impossible.

It doesn't really seem to be that bad. Yes holding breath doesn't seem to work right now and that may be a bug but the sway in general is fine so long as you're not suffering from the invisible injury which the OP has mentioned probably isn't affecting him.

Hold breath only reduces the figure of eight to about half of what it is, as i said within 300 meters this will make it pretty much spot on, whats the longest distance kill you have in dayz out of interest ???

The issue here is for extremely long distances, 800 to 1000 meter shots, please go and give that a try  in game and tell me that you would be unable to make that shot in real life without a massive sway. As i said in the op when you are at that distance you are trying to hit a target the size of a dinner plate, it is currently impossible.

You are right that trying to make a 800m shot with the current sway is probably next to impossible, but unless our Dayz characters are suppose to be trained snipers, they shouldnt be making 800m shots with a mosin, and certainly not with out a bipod or from some position where you can support the rifle. So i dont have a problem with it all. I am of the opinion that without a modern mil spec rifle, firing from a supported position, 800 -1000m shots should be next to impossible. But maybe that is just me.

• Like 2

Use a splint on your limbs. The sway is very minimal. I'm guessing you got hit by a zed and have a fracture that isn't showing on your inventory page

Use a splint on your limbs. The sway is very minimal. I'm guessing you got hit by a zed and have a fracture that isn't showing on your inventory page

Use a splint or morphine - you've just got damaged limbs and it affects your aim.

It will make it steady again try it. Your limbs have their own health bars and when you get damaged they too take damage and this ocassionally manifests itself in your ability to hold your rifle steady. 

Well if you have already tried a splint and it hasn't worked I'm lost. Cos aiming for me is fine, just how it was pre-update. 

Edited by Richard III in Leicester

Use a splint on your head. Try aiming it at more than 100 meters with LRS, ok? It is bugged. It worked in 48 patch just fine. Why would developers completely remake the feature after they JUST invented it several patches ago and fixed non-realistic zero sway and introduced an actual pattern of sway? Answer these questions to yourself and then come back to the thread.

• Like 1

Use a splint on your head. Try aiming it at more than 100 meters with LRS, ok? It is bugged. It worked in 48 patch just fine. Why would developers completely remake the feature after they JUST invented it several patches ago and fixed non-realistic zero sway and introduced an actual pattern of sway? Answer these questions to yourself and then come back to the thread.

I have repeatedly hit both zombies, deer, and a few players at around 300m with the mosin and LRS, using hold breath. It is definitly a little harder, but at that distance not too bad. No reason to be insulting in your post

• Like 1

Oh no, not this again !!!!!!!!!!!

Your search for the term sway returned 14 results (Titles and in this Forum section only).

I'll merge it with something or other...

Advocates for over exaggerated sway used to get sniped from long distances. LOL, I kid. I'm sure eventually we'll see another change in this area as it does seem somewhat bugged that hold breath only steadies your crosshair for 0.5 seconds. Also, the jittery scope we had a while back was more authentic than the figure 8 system we have now, just feels ridiculous. Come on guys, our camera even sways when we're holding an axe. It's like we're feeling light headed and are close to passing out. 

Also...LOL at advocates for realistic sway that also back the magical properties of two sticks and a rag.

• Like 1

I made a video for our beloved fanboys asserting that holding breath "werks" when it doesn't. See for yourself. Seriously people, try actually PLAYING the game and getting good a little. I am sure nobody of you have ever killed anyone passed 200 meters, saying that sway now isn't bugged, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgLG6zgLIg&feature=youtu.be

My limbs aren't broken. Holding breath is bugged. When you press the key (for me it is R key), the sway stops for literally one nano-second and then returns instantly. And one nano-second isn't even enough time to press a damn mouse key to shoot a person, let alone correct your aim. I wouldn't complain if it was 2 seconds. God, even 1 second would be enough, but it is not that. It is a split, a 1/16th of a second at best. This isn't realistic, this is retarded.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 1

I made a video for our beloved fanboys asserting that holding breath "werks" when it doesn't. See for yourself. Seriously people, try actually PLAYING the game and getting good a little. I am sure nobody of you have ever killed anyone passed 200 meters, saying that sway now isn't bugged, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgLG6zgLIg&feature=youtu.be

My limbs aren't broken. Holding breath is bugged. When you press the key (for me it is R key), the sway stops for literally one nano-second and then returns instantly. And one nano-second isn't even enough time to press a damn mouse key to shoot a person, let alone correct your aim. I wouldn't complain if it was 2 seconds. God, even 1 second would be enough, but it is not that. It is a split, a 1/16th of a second at best. This isn't realistic, this is retarded.

Doesn't matter if your limbs are shown to be broken or not. Zombie attacks break your arms. Even single attacks can cause this although you don't even bleed. Use a splint and see if it helps. I promise you'll be surprised.

Btw I've reported it already.

Edited by ColonelBurton

Yes, I particularly LOVE how my weapon sways like mad after having been hit once by an invisible zombie. Sooo realistic and survivalish that using a splint or morphine fixes that, however.

Sometimes I do think DayZ fanbois live in a parallel universe.

"People had the stability of a bench rested weapon"

Even after doing cardio for 30 minutes it is possible to hold your breath. And shooting is all about controlling your breath.

Besides that, you could take my lungs away entirely and I would still shoot 100% straight with a bench rested weapon, at least till my brain suffers anemia.  And that's just a whole separate issue. You CAN'T even rest a weapon on anything. Shooting prone is pointless because all the douchebag toons are able to do is point their gun into the grass. Yeah. Tall grass that annoys the hell out of you while aiming but doesn't offer any concealment against getting sniped, of course. -.-

Doesn't matter if your limbs are shown to be broken or not. Zombie attacks break your arms. Even single attacks can cause this although you don't even bleed. Use a splint and see if it helps. I promise you'll be surprised.

Btw I've reported it already.

Did I have to write that in BOLD?

MY LIMBS AREN'T BROKEN, I KNOW WHAT BUG YOU MEAN AND IT ISN'T THE CASE.

Now I hope you will read it correctly and won't come back "hur dur but it doesn't show in your inventory".

I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 3

Did I have to write that in BOLD?

MY LIMBS AREN'T BROKEN, I KNOW WHAT BUG YOU MEAN AND IT ISN'T THE CASE.

Now I hope you will read it correctly and won't come back "hur dur but it doesn't show in your inventory".

I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT.

No need to get nasty. I was trying to convey that a single whack from a zombie DOES break your limbs but, like you already know, it doesn't necessarily show in your inventory. How was I supposed to know you knew that bug?

But you are right about the fact that holding breath while aiming is pointless if you don't lay off the shot within 0.05 seconds. I believe that most fanbois just don't care because most players will actually prefer an AKM or M4 for close quarters anyhow. And for fanbois, the game is great no matter how much things suck.

well, the fact that developers hadn't fixed this bug for AGES literally shows that it isn't so far fetched to claim that they introduced new bug - holding breath not working properly. Just now I managed to kill a zombie at 600 meters from 2 shots. But keep in mind, that they were stationary and I actually am pretty good and sniping and aiming. But for a moving person it would be impossible, especially if he was at 800 meters. It has nothing to do with weapon preferance. Kids who use AKM only use because of its "infinite 75 round mag" because they can't hit shit with other weapons which require some experience in dayz, not 3 hours a week logging on only to serverhop for that AKM and kill a deer.

Many people who play dayz don't even know about holding breath and how to do that. Yet they come to this thread and post shit.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 4

well, the fact that developers hadn't fixed this bug for AGES literally shows that it isn't so far fetched to claim that they introduced new bug - holding breath not working properly. Just now I managed to kill a zombie at 600 meters from 2 shots. But keep in mind, that they were stationary and I actually am pretty good and sniping and aiming. But for a moving person it would be impossible, especially if he was at 800 meters. It has nothing to do with weapon preferance. Kids who use AKM only use because of its "infinite 75 round mag" because they can't hit shit with other weapons which require some experience in dayz, not 3 hours a week logging on only to serverhop for that AKM and kill a deer.

Many people who play dayz don't even know about holding breath and how to do that. Yet they come to this thread and post shit.

Is it possible for you to make a post not full of poison and insults?

Is it possible for people here to listen and read carefully first instead of posting lies and unfounded assertions?

• Like 3

I personally think that the sway/hold breathe mechanic in it's current state is the best it's ever been. The harder the better.

• Like 1

I think the zombie clipping through walls, hitting through 100 meters and all the desync problem is awesome. The harder the better! Why developers even try to fix zombies? Leave them be! no clipping is awesome, makes people more affraid of zombies, right? Such realism.

• Like 2