gibonez

Love the New Sway

Yeah, I am still not seeing what all the fuss is about.  As long as I haven't just run a marathon, the sway is really not that hard to combat.

Meh, QQ will always happen about anything.

From a fresh spawns POV, when you're getting chased by the current t-1000 terminator zombies that spot you from 200m out... running is all you do... Factor that in.

Sure you can hit them if you have rounds to spare, but not when you're a fresh spawn with a .22 and only 5 rounds you have to feed individually. (and no melee weapon)

My opinion, make the sway shorter but faster, like shaking hands and exhaustion would produce IRL. Serves the same purpose at range but doesn't cause you to miss a guaranteed shot at less than 1 meter. (statistically)

Edited by Nihilum

Your weapon sway 

My weapon sway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET46Y-NUA2Y&feature=youtu.be

Fix yourself

try to decrease your FOV next time. You forgot about this feature, did you? You also forgot to aim at human sized target. With the new sway your would hit shit on that roof. It is 900 meters. I used to snipe people at exact spot where you were sniping from second commie block. But now you try to counter-shoot human for example on the roof, you won't succeed. I forgot, on that account my character indeed had broken arms (I use that account as a "tent" only now) so will make another video proving my point if you want because it seems you intentionally didn't increase you FOV and wanted to make it seem that sway is non existant when you didn't even try to shoot anything.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 1

Also Caboose187, remove next time that disgusting blur or post-processing or what the hell it is. How can you play with it?

Here's a quick video showing that fixing limbs had little effect.

I appreciate your time you took, but you should realize, that decreasing FOV to zero and showing the sway in its true Glory should have been a goal of that video.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 1

As long they implement vehicles first. I can't imagine slow walking or having to take long breaks during my daily NWAF - Electro sprint.

I think the whole fitness thing will revolve heavily around weight and emphasize enjoyment over pure realism, for example someone wearing a press vest, gas mask, maska helm carrying an Mtn backpack packed to the brim with ammo cans and pistols while holding 2 primaries with an MP5 somewhere in their inventory will suffer from it, but those who travel light will have few issues. One can but hope.

Aaaand in exact same spot as you did, only that I did it right, without disgusting blur and took my time, instead of making it 2 second video. Because you instantly when the weapon starts to sway you zoom out and it is impossible to see you were holding breath or not etc. So here it is :)

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 1

Aaaand in exact same spot as you did, only that I did it right, without disgusting blur and took my time, instead of making it 2 second video. Because you instantly when the weapon starts to sway you zoom out and it is impossible to see you were holding breath or not etc. So here it is :)

Ok that looks pretty decent.

What exactly is the problem ? fight the sway any decent player could hit a person on that roof top for instance.

• Like 1

Also Caboose187, remove next time that disgusting blur or post-processing or what the hell it is. How can you play with it?

Aaaand in exact same spot as you did, only that I did it right, without disgusting blur

That's actually not the right way, considering indicators for your health levels are tied into post processing. If your screen is blurry its because you are injured and you need to fix that. Its essentially bypassing a system in the game to gain an advantage in combat, like turning up your gamma at night. But, by all means please keep up the superior tone.

That's actually not the right way, considering indicators for your health levels are tied into post processing. If your screen is blurry its because you are injured and you need to fix that. Its essentially bypassing a system in the game to gain an advantage in combat, like turning up your gamma at night. But, by all means please keep up the superior tone.

yeah, lowering settings to get better FPS in poorly optimized game is cheating. Go back to reddit.

• Like 2

Ok that looks pretty decent.

What exactly is the problem ? fight the sway any decent player could hit a person on that roof top for instance.

Decent? Wow, you are like every fanboy who didn't play a game before .49 patch. Why would they make holding breath function if it doesn't work? Any decent player is not "every player" in dayz. There are very little "decent" players, especially those who could snipe someone at 900 meters and actually guess the distance correctly. Why not remove guns altogether? Because any decent player can kill a person with a gun, I would like to see people running with axes instead! Hooray, right? That's how your logic sounds.

They were fixing mosin and scopes for the past 6 months and eventually made it working in 47-48 patch and broke it again completely in 49 patch because they thought it would be a good idea to make "holding breath" for 1/16 seconds, so that it would nearly impossible to kill someone even at 400 meters. I assume you don't shoot alot in a game that's why it's a non-issue to people like you. You don't play the game. I play the game and I am irritated by this bug (or a feature? Who knows).

Now you get horrible sway after running. You stop to catch a breath and try to aim and still can't shoot because weapon sways as if your arms were broken and you can not hold breath even for a second to take a shot. Is this REAL LIFE? Is it realistic? Don't tell me you can not hold breath in real life longer than 3 nano-seconds.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 1

Decent? Wow, you are like every fanboy who didn't play a game before .49 patch. Why would they make holding breath function if it doesn't work? Any decent player is not "every player" in dayz. There are very little "decent" players, especially those who could snipe someone at 900 meters and actually guess the distance correctly. Why not remove guns altogether? Because any decent player can kill a person with a gun, I would like to see people running with axes instead! Hooray, right? That's how your logic sounds.

They were fixing mosin and scopes for the past 6 months and eventually made it working in 47-48 patch and broke it again completely in 49 patch because they thought it would be a good idea to make "holding breath" for 1/16 seconds, so that it would nearly impossible to kill someone even at 400 meters. I assume you don't shoot alot in a game that's why it's a non-issue to people like you. You don't play the game. I play the game and I am irritated by this bug (or a feature? Who knows).

Now you get horrible sway after running. You stop to catch a breath and try to aim and still can't shoot because weapon sways as if your arms were broken and you can not hold breath even for a second to take a shot. Is this REAL LIFE? Is it realistic? Don't tell me you can not hold breath in real life longer than 3 nano-seconds.

Look at my comment history I have been overly critical of many many many of the games components I am the farthest thing from being a fanboy.

The sway is simply fine.

There is only 2 choices for you however, adapt to the new sway like everyone else has already or stop sniping and stick to close range stuff.

• Like 1

yeah, lowering settings to get better FPS in poorly optimized game is cheating. Go back to reddit.

Your issue was with the PP effects being ugly and claimed that turning it off was "right", so suit yourself on that point. I also have never used Reddit, so I'm not sure what the correlation there is.

Look at my comment history I have been overly critical of many many many of the games components I am the farthest thing from being a fanboy.

If you like something about the game you are a fanboy from reddit who hasn't played the game, or aren't playing it "right"; its fucking brilliant.

I like the new sway because it compensates for the fact that you don't have to line up your sights when firing a weapon. The slightest misalignment of your scope or sights and your bullet isn't going to go exactly where you want it to. But I apologize to Mr. MaxRain, the true DayZ player, for being such a fanboy and not actually playing the game correctly.

Edited by Hells High

Your weapon sway 

My weapon sway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET46Y-NUA2Y&feature=youtu.be

Fix yourself

lmao please stop trolling, your field of view is at full, you are not aiming at anything, the thing you are aiming at is so far away you cant see the sway on the building.

Just stop trolling kaboose its pathetic and some people are actually stupid enough to fool for it, this forum is so full of lols

• Like 2

Or just wait for them to fix it and stop talking to these people , have you seen the title of the thread, the mods have done this on purpose so it is an argument you can not win. Ignore it mate.

lmao please stop trolling, your field of view is at full, you are not aiming at anything, the thing you are aiming at is so far away you cant see the sway on the building.

Just stop trolling kaboose its pathetic and some people are actually stupid enough to fool for it, this forum is so full of lols

Wrong, my field of view is in the middle.  Try trolling harder

And try making it zero and then aim at a target at least for 5 seconds, not 0.5 second like in your video. I went to same spot as you and showed how it should be done. Imagine there is a person on the roof and try to hold breath and shoot. Your bullet will fly to the moon, but not the roof. That's how horrible it is.

People saying "adapt or stop playing" are a joke. If developers removed all weapons, I guess I could say to all people "adapt or stop playing" too and it would be just as good response, right? It is just hard for  some people to admit that they made something good 10 times worse. Why should I play like everyone else hoarding AKM's? I like sniping. Why even have LRS if holding breath doesn't work and it is nearly impossible to hit even stationary target at 800 meters?

Some people probably got sniped at lot and thus they are happy that it is now harder for them to get killed.

Edited by MaxRain

Some people probably got sniped at lot and thus they are happy that it is now harder for them to get killed.

Once again more stupid assumptions.

The sway is a good thing but hopefully not the last thing they do to the aiming system.

Even with this new sway shooting and sniping in particular is still too easy. The game needs wind , mil/moa turrets and then maybe the sniping will be good enough to separate the men from the boys.

Currently its just too daam easy and anyone who has ever played any FPS ever can do well.

All you are doing is crying because the game got slightly harder. Do you also not like the idea of a stamina and weight system, do you hate the idea of zombies posing a threat ? , do you detest the new temperature system ? Would you also hate it if they made you run at a realistic speed instead of sprinting like a road bicycle ?

Edited by gibonez

This, This is a video showing the actual sway, please if any devs read take note, any you have seen from the shills before have been dishonest and they have tried to hide it some way or another (on purpose) this video actually shows you it has nothing to do with broken limbs and the sway is god awful and unrealistic and needs to be fixed.

I wish i could give you more beans.

• Like 1

No it is not, why would you not show that if thats the case, you make false videos and you dont expect people to question them, pretty easy to say your sway was in the middle after

Once again more stupid assumptions.

The sway is a good thing but hopefully not the last thing they do to the aiming system.

Even with this new sway shooting and sniping in particular is still too easy. The game needs wind , mil/moa turrets and then maybe the sniping will be good enough to separate the men from the boys.

Currently its just too daam easy and anyone who has ever played any FPS ever can do well.

All you are doing is crying because the game got slightly harder. Do you also not like the idea of a stamina and weight system, do you hate the idea of zombies posing a threat ? , do you detest the new temperature system ? Would you also hate it if they made you run at a realistic speed instead of sprinting like a road bicycle ?

It's not harder, this is what you don't seem to understand it just makes shooting at very long distances is now a luck based endevour. Without the hold breath function working properly you just have to press the right mouse button and hope it is at the right place like some wacky fair ground ride and you have to try and hit the center with your massive figure of eight, it is stupid. I am all for sniping getting actually harder with other mechanics but it shouldn't be made near impossible and based on luck at long distances which it currently is. You complain about us but you clearly do not seem to understand, none of us want sniping to be easier but THIS sway is no solution, it just makes a certain play style useless and that's not in anyone's interest, don't cry about pvp central here and there when mechanics like this push everyone together.

• Like 1

I got back into country last night with my friend, it's been months since I seriously played and was just aiming through a PU scope at various static objects in various stances and it seems pretty crap to me. At least reading this thread I know why my hold breath wasn't working, because it isn't working lol. When we both got shot later, I didn't hear any gun shots, just bullets hitting around me as if they were shot from a silenced rifle.

• Like 1

I got back into country last night with my friend, it's been months since I seriously played and was just aiming through a PU scope at various static objects in various stances and it seems pretty crap to me. At least reading this thread I know why my hold breath wasn't working, because it isn't working lol. When we both got shot later, I didn't hear any gun shots, just bullets hitting around me as if they were shot from a silenced rifle.

Yeah the sound bug has gotten seriously bad lately, nothing like running towards the AK wielding murderer trying to gun you down.

Yeah the sound bug has gotten seriously bad lately, nothing like running towards the AK wielding murderer trying to gun you down.

Didn't see him. We just left the NW airfield, had found some decent(ish) gear but I was freezing to death (In my boonie, balaclava, gloves, tkso jacket, assault vest...) and my screen was getting greyer and greyer. We ran at least 500m and I made a fire between some bushes and lit it. Next thing my mate is dead and I can hear thwip, thwip, lol so I started running and zigzagging then dead.

We got in again last night where I experienced the true shit that is the melee system in the game. I mean my fists and pitchfork are going through it's head but somehow I miss. I found the baseball bat and cattleprod hit a lot easier but are weak. I assume it's going to be a lot easier when they fix it because anymore than about 1 zed on you and things become hard. With 10 on you....

Also, has the rate of food consumption been increased? I seem to get hungrier quicker but we did see a pig on our 6th lives yesterday so animals are still in the game. Not that we had anything to gut it with since the coast, at every spawn point, was picked clean and our luck was shit too. I wanted to head inland asap but trying to meet up one of us would get hit by a zed (usually by getting stuck on something or trying to hit them). We almost made it on our last attempt, then my mate fell over from hunger, so the zed that saw us from a mile away caught us up and I punched the air repeatedly around its face whilst it started me bleeding, no bandages but I did find some yummy red berries to eat as I was dying so it didn't end all bad ;)

Edited by Jexter

Didn't see him. We just left the NW airfield, had found some decent(ish) gear but I was freezing to death (In my boonie, balaclava, gloves, tkso jacket, assault vest...) and my screen was getting greyer and greyer. We ran at least 500m and I made a fire between some bushes and lit it. Next thing my mate is dead and I can hear thwip, thwip, lol so I started running and zigzagging then dead.

We got in again last night where I experienced the true shit that is the melee system in the game. I mean my fists and pitchfork are going through it's head but somehow I miss. I found the baseball bat and cattleprod hit a lot easier but are weak. I assume it's going to be a lot easier when they fix it because anymore than about 1 zed on you and things become hard. With 10 on you....

Also, has the rate of food consumption been increased? I seem to get hungrier quicker but we did see a pig on our 6th lives yesterday so animals are still in the game. Not that we had anything to gut it with since the coast, at every spawn point, was picked clean and our luck was shit too. I wanted to head inland asap but trying to meet up one of us would get hit by a zed (usually by getting stuck on something or trying to hit them). We almost made it on our last attempt, then my mate fell over from hunger, so the zed that saw us from a mile away caught us up and I punched the air repeatedly around its face whilst it started me bleeding, no bandages but I did find some yummy red berries to eat as I was dying so it didn't end all bad ;)

Yeah it seems to be worse with certain guns, for example i always seems to hear shotguns and magnums but even if my friend is standing next to me i will rarely hear his ak, both variants. the weather system is fucked, seems random to me as sometimes i am fine but other time i am fully kitted out with just my face exposed yet i am dying of hypothermia it does not make sense at the moment, if you wear gorka stuff you will be fine though as it is weatherproof.

Melee is fucked, don't need to say much about that everyone knows it, i beleive that weather is now tied into food consumption so that might be the issue you are having, if you are cold you get hungrier a lot quicker so again just wear gorka stuff to solve that problem as well.

I gave the game a break for a week and i came back today to try out the 75 man servers, i was with vector bunny the youtuber in the church at electro and me and my friend decided to kill the two other guys in there with guns, for our own safety of course, next thing you know i get shot through the wall (door was closed and no one else had a gun in the church) my friend picks up my gun and then he is shot through the wall by the same hacker, i hear vector bunny screaming hacker as he runs out the church so that was my one experience on dayz recently and as you can imagine i'm not super excited to go back. It's alpha and i knew for a fact 75 man servers would attract every hacker and his mum so it was expected but no matter how many times it happens, getting killed by a hacker and wasting the gearing up time sure does leave a sour taste in the back of my mouth.

5/10 will play again next month.

Yeah it seems to be worse with certain guns, for example i always seems to hear shotguns and magnums but even if my friend is standing next to me i will rarely hear his ak, both variants. the weather system is fucked, seems random to me as sometimes i am fine but other time i am fully kitted out with just my face exposed yet i am dying of hypothermia it does not make sense at the moment, if you wear gorka stuff you will be fine though as it is weatherproof.

Melee is fucked, don't need to say much about that everyone knows it, i beleive that weather is now tied into food consumption so that might be the issue you are having, if you are cold you get hungrier a lot quicker so again just wear gorka stuff to solve that problem as well.

I gave the game a break for a week and i came back today to try out the 75 man servers, i was with vector bunny the youtuber in the church at electro and me and my friend decided to kill the two other guys in there with guns, for our own safety of course, next thing you know i get shot through the wall (door was closed and no one else had a gun in the church) my friend picks up my gun and then he is shot through the wall by the same hacker, i hear vector bunny screaming hacker as he runs out the church so that was my one experience on dayz recently and as you can imagine i'm not super excited to go back. It's alpha and i knew for a fact 75 man servers would attract every hacker and his mum so it was expected but no matter how many times it happens, getting killed by a hacker and wasting the gearing up time sure does leave a sour taste in the back of my mouth.

5/10 will play again next month.

Well now it seems our problem is finding anything AT ALL. The first time we got in, 2/3 days ago we had no problems gearing up with the basics (axe, matches, clothes, first aid kit, some food) and we survived for 4 hours until we both got shot. On our 10 subsequent lives we've died of zombies, starvation and hypothermia. We've been playing dayz since the mod so we know enough not to be dying stupid but we can't find any gear anywhere.

The tip is always, go inland but even if you didn't, you'd find a few useful things. In about 8 hours of gaming (and dying over and over) I can barely find a hat. My t-shirt goes for bandages. No backpacks, no food, nothing to open food with. I've found weapon wise, a hoe (brilliant), stun baton, pitchfork, (useless) and fire extinguisher. Of the other items kicking around, spanners (wrenches), pliers, hammers, compasses, gas stoves or lamps, jeans and tracksuit bottoms, sickles (I can't pick these up), books literally everywhere, defibs, shoes gallore, pants of every description. Go inland, change servers, it made no difference - literally 99% of every item found was like the above so entirely useless when you need to eat and stray warm. Never found an axe from hundreds of buildings searched and the boredom.... OMG the boredom. House after empty house is boring to say the least.

They also need to fix the duplication of items. Finding 5 pairs of pliers in the same place is stupid. This used to happen in the mod too where you'd find one thing, then keep finding it. What's with the "make things random" line in the code? Did they forget to add that?

I'm going to give it another try tonight but if I get the same it's breaky time for another 6 months for me :)

As for 75 man servers they can keep them. It's a zombie apocalypse FFS. That means people are rare and 40 players on a server on this size map is crowded. This is catering for the PVP crowd that don't want to play a survival game, they want more people to shoot at. Why they're catering for pvp at all is beyond me considering the genre. Concentrate on the fucking zombies and environment!

Edited by Jexter

Well now it seems our problem is finding anything AT ALL. The first time we got in, 2/3 days ago we had no problems gearing up with the basics (axe, matches, clothes, first aid kit, some food) and we survived for 4 hours until we both got shot. On our 10 subsequent lives we've died of zombies, starvation and hypothermia. We've been playing dayz since the mod so we know enough not to be dying stupid but we can't find any gear anywhere.

The tip is always, go inland but even if you didn't, you'd find a few useful things. In about 8 hours of gaming (and dying over and over) I can barely find a hat. My t-shirt goes for bandages. No backpacks, no food, nothing to open food with. I've found weapon wise, a hoe (brilliant), stun baton, pitchfork, (useless) and fire extinguisher. Of the other items kicking around, spanners (wrenches), pliers, hammers, compasses, gas stoves or lamps, jeans and tracksuit bottoms, sickles (I can't pick these up), books literally everywhere, defibs, shoes gallore, pants of every description. Go inland, change servers, it made no difference - literally 99% of every item found was like the above so entirely useless when you need to eat and stray warm. Never found an axe from hundreds of buildings searched and the boredom.... OMG the boredom. House after empty house is boring to say the least.

They also need to fix the duplication of items. Finding 5 pairs of pliers in the same place is stupid. This used to happen in the mod too where you'd find one thing, then keep finding it. What's with the "make things random" line in the code? Did they forget to add that?

I'm going to give it another try tonight but if I get the same it's breaky time for another 6 months for me :)

You have just explained your problem to me, are you playing on persistent servers ??. Go back to non persistent as persistent is broken my friend, not too sure why it out of experimental yet tbh. I can't wait for persistence but the only thing persistent at the moment is that it is persistently broken. Go back to playing on normal servers like you were previously and you should find a lot more loot, it's still a bit too easy tbh.