blunce

Anyone Interested In a Meet & Greet? (July 13, Sun.) [Clip inside]

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have a meet & greet with the DayZ community?

• Let's do it!
    • Not interested.

Then Im 6 hours ahead of you, and will humbly step aside! :)

Date & time can change at any moment my friend. Keep checking back on this thread :)

Very interested in this. Lone wolfing is getting old, so it would be great to meet some people in a more controlled environment.

Sadly my primary character is on regular, at least until he dies. Maybe next time!

This is just an idea I've had for a while now & decided to see how many people are interested.

So is anyone up for a meet & greet? I would like to get all 40 players in a full server to go to the same location to just kick it  :)

People could trade, eat some food, build a fire, go fishing, play games, & just shoot the shit.

Of course there's always the concern of a couple "bad apples" showing up to crash the party, but this is why we'll have it at a disclosed location with heightened security  ;)

& again this is just an idea for now. So who's down?

EDIT: We've gotten a decent amount of interest already, so I'm already coordinating with MadWookie at the moment. He & his squad were even kind enough to offer security detail  :rolleyes:

To be a little more organized, we're shooting for this Friday (7/11/2014) at 8pm eastern time. Hardcore, stable. As of now, we're trying to figure out location. I'll keep this thread updated until then.

Date & time could change at any moment. Just trying to be convenient as possible for everyone.

Pity, it's too late for me as I am in Europe (would be 2 am for me - GMT+1) Have fun any way :)

Very interested in this. Lone wolfing is getting old, so it would be great to meet some people in a more controlled environment.

Sadly my primary character is on regular, at least until he dies. Maybe next time!

There should be plenty time to start a hardcore character with some basic gear?

Pity, it's too late for me as I am in Europe (would be 2 am for me - GMT+1) Have fun any way :)

Literally just changed the time as you posted this lol .. See my original post for the new date. Let us know if you can make it  :)

Literally just changed the time as you posted this lol .. See my original post for the new date. Let us know if you can make it  :)

Oh cool, yes! 1 pm (19:00 for me) is possible so I'd like to join!

Edit: oops I now see it is planned on sunday and not friday any more. Hmm, I may be able to make that but it depends on some things, one of which is if Holland makes it to the world cup final (soccer).

So, not quite sure yet.

Edited by SAK

Then Im 6 hours ahead of you, and will humbly step aside! :)

Date & time has been changed. See original post.

What better way to start on hardcore than to go to a massive party of friendlies that may be willing to help out?  :D​ 

• Like 1

Oh cool, yes! 1 pm (19:00 for me) is possible so I'd like to join!

Happy to hear it my friend. Just keep track of this thread. I'll update accordingly as the details start to come together.

• Like 1

Happy to hear it my friend. Just keep track of this thread. I'll update accordingly as the details start to come together.

I just made an edit in my previous post --> :(

Edit: oops I now see it is planned on sunday and not friday any more. Hmm, I may be able to make that but it depends on some things, one of which is if Holland makes it to the world cup final (soccer).

So, not quite sure yet.

To go and shoot them, or not to go, that is the question.

To go and shoot them, or not to go, that is the question.

I can't see that ending well in your favor.

Just come hang out & eat some beans man!

I can't see that ending well in your favor.

Just come hang out & eat some beans man!

1.It wouldnt matter how it ends, since even if I die it literally takes 5 minutes to gear up.

2.I dont even have the game installed anymore.

3.There is almost always a douche, who will ruin the event.

Edited by So Sexy

if Holland makes it to the world cup final (soccer).

So, not quite sure yet.

Very valid reason  :)

USA has already lost unfortunately, as you probably already know.

• Like 1

I will be showing up almost fully geared.. M4 unicorn status.

I am interested in holding a quiz for my gear, or a contest of sorts like a short race or something.. we will have some fun with this. 

I want to leave in just my underwear ;)

BTW, it would be good to hold the location somewhat near the NE area so anyone spawning in new will be able to get there in a reasonable time.. that and everyone can head to the general area if you at least give us a general location like far middle north, middle of map, far west coast, etc..

Edited by lrish

1.It wouldnt matter how it ends, since even if I die it literally takes 5 minutes to gear up.

2.I dont even have the game installed anymore.

3.There is almost always a douche, who will ruin the event.

1.) You're right, it wouldn't matter.

2.) Then how is this relevant to you? lol

3.) We won't let that stop us. The party must go on!

This sounds tight. Like some other guys, im pretty tired of lone wolfing.

Ill try to show on Sunday, depending on irl stuffs.

• Like 1

I will be showing up almost fully geared.. M4 unicorn status.

I am interested in holding a quiz for my gear, or a contest of sorts like a short race or something.. we will have some fun with this. 

I want to leave in just my underwear ;)

This is the kind of fun I'm talking about man, keep brainstorming!

BTW, it would be good to hold the location somewhat near the NE area so anyone spawning in new will be able to get there in a reasonable time.. that and everyone can head to the general area if you at least give us a general location like far middle north, middle of map, far west coast, etc..

Yep, I've already considered this when choosing location. I've got a few location ideas that are both easily accessible, & yet fairly secluded (a lot of which are in the NE quadrant). Everything seems to be coming along nicely, so I should be able to reveal details pretty soon.

Thank you for helping with organization BTW Irish.

• Like 1

Quick question blunce, will the beer be provided or do we have to bring our own lol?

Quick question blunce, will the beer be provided or do we have to bring our own lol?

Will provide plenty of Raspuutin Kvass  :D

• Like 3

Hello there

Be aware BAD things can happen at such meets.

All bets are off.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

Wasn't this the one where the host gets sniped about 5 minutes in? lol

EDIT: If so, I believe I've seen a video of this exact meet & greet. Everyone was having a great time until an unwanted guest starting taking shots  :(

Thank you for sharing though Lok. Why not come join us in the next one?  :D

Most likely will be too busy, but drop me a message when exactly you're planning on doing this, if the time changes.

That dirty laugh, though. :D

• Like 1

Hello there

Be aware BAD things can happen at such meets.

All bets are off.

Rgds

LoK

Sunday just can't come quick enough.

Most likely will be too busy, but drop me a message when exactly you're planning on doing this, if the time changes.

That dirty laugh, though. :D

Absolutely. Hope to see you there  :)

• Like 1

Might also try for this, seems like it could be a hoot, I'll be sitting at the bus stop wearing a pink carnation, if I can't find a pink carnation, I'll wear a lady bug backpack.

Just imagine being the only lone wolf on the server and seeing a congregation of 30 odd people somewhere.

Also have to do it based on time, Germany are playing Sunday night so...  like that will factor in.

Sssssscccchhhland!

This is the kind of fun I'm talking about man, keep brainstorming!

Thank you for helping with organization BTW Irish.

no problem.. anything I can do to help, just let me know.. Ive got a secure TS as well where I am the moderator (old BMRF.me Teamspeak channel) so I could help manage that part if need be.

Also, I have my quiz all set and ready.. plenty of questions, and plenty of good loot to win. 

People should bring as many lights, flares and lamps as they can.. ;) well light up the town as night falls. 

Ive got a secure TS as well where I am the moderator (old BMRF.me Teamspeak channel) so I could help manage that part if need be.

Definitely a possibility. My only concern is TS getting all sorts of comm chatter that turns into one big cluster & nobody can hear themselves think. lol

Maybe we can use it for informational purposes? & once people get to the meeting point they can then use to direct chat to communicate with others.

Also, I have my quiz all set and ready.. plenty of questions, and plenty of good loot to win. 

People should bring as many lights, flares and lamps as they can.. ;) well light up the town as night falls. 

Do the questions of the quiz have a theme? (i.e. DayZ related)? Only asking out of curiosity  :) Unless you'd rather keep that to yourself until meeting time.

I've already got a few flares in my bag. Will definitely keep an eye out for a gas lamp or two. Can you believe after 300+ hours I've never lit one? lol