MatchboxChick

Afraid to go on

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282982694

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282982762

that's my current gear and outfit. Being a newb I dont' know if the stuff in my pack is all that valuable but if I see any kind of bullet, I will keep it! (As you would in real life =P)

If anyone thinks I need to throw something away, by all means let me know.

Also carrying a SKS. My next small goal is to find a scope for it.

Yes! I am leaving this town pronto!

Takes 1-2hrs on a quiet server to go from nothing to Terminator. So I wouldn't worry about it too much!

You're experiencing the best part of the game. Now go around risking it all, with your heart racing   :ph34r:  hide in or around towns, see people, hear footsteps, freak out!

• Like 1

Takes 1-2hrs on a quiet server to go from nothing to Terminator. So I wouldn't worry about it too much!

probably 15 minutes if you loot the dead bodys on a high pop in berezino

• Like 1

@Accolyte - I am really new at this game. I was in a random small village quite recently and I heard a guy talking to a girl and I was like scared_______the_2nd___by_Alexander88.gi "WTF" and stayed upstairs in this house for 10 minutes. It almost feels like I am actually there or one of those intense walking dead episodes. They would of killed me if they saw me. I hate respawning.

I know what you mean. I remember one situation from the mod where I was hiding under a tree, excited that I finally found a rifle when people started shooting around me. I didn't see them at start, but then someone died right in front of me, about 5m away from the tree I was hiding under. Then someone took cover behind "my" tree. He didn't see me and I was too scared to move. I finally decided to shoot him and then things went quiet. I was then worried to crawl from under my tree, knowing that there was at least one other person around. I waited for about 30 minutes, sweating, my heart beating the whole time. I finally gathered enough courage to poke out and inspect the bodies around and then BAM, I was dead. I had to go for a walk after that experience so that I would calm down. It was probably the strongest experience I ever had in a game.  :|

• Like 4

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282982694

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282982762

that's my current gear and outfit. Being a newb I dont' know if the stuff in my pack is all that valuable but if I see any kind of bullet, I will keep it! (As you would in real life =P)

Also carrying a SKS. My next small goal is to find a scope for it.

Yes! I am leaving this town pronto!

Scared? With the guns and ammo you have? you can take on a small army! 

is it still a hotspot?

It has military building and 2 barracks. And popo station.

Edited by Frosti

@Accolyte - I think I will learn from your mistake and stay under the tree and log out =P I would not EVER bother looting bodies after a firefight!! Not unless I was a newspawn and had nothing to lose. Awesome story though! I probably wouldn't of shot the guy behind the tree who didn't notice you, for fear of missing and being killed =P

@Bunkers - You're so right. but I need to sleep for work tomorrow but I still have anxiety after not even playing the game for an hour! What is this game doing to me!? _angry__by_CookiemagiK.gif

@Nuckfuts - Also, another thing is I have not ever killed someone before and I have no confidence of killing anyone with my skills. I haven't fired the SKS before lol I only ever shot at Zombies.

OMG Someone is going to be so happy when they strip my corpse of my gear.

Edited by MatchboxChick

So my character is as geared as up as she has ever been. I am so geared up that I don't even want to move or go on ahead. I am afraid of bandits and butthole players who will see an army person and shoot on site. c0d03845b55499aca7783f2ee72823e4.gif

i have been there too. it is a pain worrying too much about your gear, becoming paranoid and not going out to meet people. i have gotten over it by now, living out of a taloon backpack. not enough gear to worry about. (if you want to meet people, though you will certainly die at some point, set up a restaurant. i run the Cherusian Bar and Grill with a mate, and most of the people we have met have been friendly....)

Ditch the military shit is my advice.

The only things you actually need are rags (for bandaging and making splints if necessary) and something to open cans with. If you've got those two basic items, you don't need to worry about the game killing you - you only need to worry about other players.

If your intention is to interact with other players on friendly terms, then you're much better off NOT looking like a commando. And you really don't need to carry very much. You've got your can-opening tool and some rags: a compass is useful if you don't know your way around yet, and binoculars will enable you to to check out towns from a distance. Carry a gun for emergencies, by all means, but bare in mind that if someone sees you before you see them, a visible firearm is used by many people as justification for shooting on sight. You don't need to carry food or water ever (unless you want to give it to people you meet) because you can find it everywhere - and you don't need loads of ammo for guns that you don't have or any medical supplies.

As a general rule, the less military you look and the less high-end gear you appear to have, the more chance you have of friendly interactions.

It has military building and 2 barracks. And popo station.

oh i really forgot that there were barracks xD

You'll die eventually and feel like a weight has been lifted and you can finally play freely again. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Like 3

No need to carry around ammo for guns you don't have or don't want, so .357 goes to the magnum, if you don't plan on using one when you find it drop all the ammo. Drop the 30rnd and 10rnd .22 mags. .22 is worthless unless your using an amphibia. Currently the screwdriver has no use. Injection vile and vitamins are worthless as well. No need for 2 compass's unless you're carrying one for a friend. The 2rnd snap loader is useless, empty it and drop it. The two 10rnd .22 mags you have in the bag go to the amphibia which is a silenced pistol if you want to hang on to those for when you find the gun it'll be well worth it. Charcoal tabs are worthless unless you go around eating rotten fruit. I also haven't found any use for painkillers yet either.  

Edited by MadWookie

Hey Aussie Chick :)

Actually, for me it is always a kind of "liberation" if you separate from highloot.
Whether this is voluntary, is done by a bug or a losing battle as irrelevant.
At the end it is again "hunger" to new and different items and a different character design. Until one again is highly equipped and the game starts over.
Unfortunately, there is currently still no real late game and it remains the thrill any time of losing the previous Captured.

Themselves simply kill without a fight comes to me voluntarily in question.
For the time investment has been too good and also it may well be that a good fight one delivers and wins in the end ... and then STILL have more Highloot. ^ ^

Anyway, try to risk more and run in Berezino, Elektro or wherever around and clean Sniper Hill, the hotel prior to the fire station or other campers positions available in the game.
Always with the knowledge in mind that it may be your last action with this char. That is: Give it your all! :)

best regards

Edited by Nebuuuu

Found the amphibia but ditched it for my current pistol. I might take everyone's advice and either just simply brave up and go live life or drop the equipment (I don't want to drop the vest =[) and look friendly and probably still die. I don't know what to do.

I am not coping playing alone XD

@Accolyte - I think I will learn from your mistake and stay under the tree and log out =P 

Where's the fun in that? :) 

Found the amphibia but ditched it for my current pistol. I might take everyone's advice and either just simply brave up and go live life or drop the equipment (I don't want to drop the vest =[) and look friendly and probably still die. I don't know what to do.

I am not coping playing alone XD

I won an upclose gunfight using an amphibia against someone with an sks.

EDIT: Playing alone is difficult unless you wanna mess around in Berezino and die every 5 minutes. Especially since everyone travels in like a 5 person miniature army now. I have the same issue as you do :/

Edited by btw001

That GI Jane look with the gas mask and beret is going to get you killed on sight girl!

Try to look a little more friendly, because I have never ever seen anything good come from a player looking like you are right now.   ;)

• Like 1

Find a large building and jump off. Really. Ive been there before, all geared up, and scared to walk around as a high value target.

i gave away full mill gear on bambi highway and watched them fight over it...good times...try it.

That GI Jane look with the gas mask and beret is going to get you killed on sight girl!

Try to look a little more friendly, because I have never ever seen anything good come from a player looking like you are right now.   ;)

I agree, I'm friendly unless threatened and if I saw you I'd shoot on sight cos you look like trouble! Sorry! :D 

Also someone said screwdriver has no use, what about opening cans? It does that doesn't it? Used to. Until she has a can opener that's a lifeline.

And injection vial can be used/drunk(?) to clean wounds if n when she gets hurt. Helps towards healing. Tho maybe isn't exactly a necessity at this time. I still carry one.

I also haven't found any use for painkillers yet either.  

You can actually end up in pain and shaking. I was able to clear that up with painkillers much like in the Mod but a lot less common. It was after a firefight that nearly claimed my life. He had an M4 and I had a magnum. I took a couple shots from him while completely healthy and he took one shot from me and died. I was already energized and hydrated so I started healing immediately but the screen was grey and I was shaky being almost dead. Painkillers cleared up the shaky bit.