Unsun31

Very is everyone at?

As the Title says, where is everyone at? Besides the east coast of course. I have no reason to go more inland at NWAF and balota nowadays considering everybody and all the loot i could ever want is on the east coast. And also, Besides to get an M4 and an AK, is there actually a reason to go inland?

I never sit on the coast. Thats boring.

I've circled the map thrice on this character, and have had some of the best and most entertaining encounters so far.  The coast is full of scrubs that think the sole purpose of the game is to PvP.  If you move more inland, you see this mentality change.  

But to actually answer your question, I'm south of zelenogorsk at the military base.

Edited by aimbot.eXe
  • Like 3

I never sit on the coast. Thats boring.

I've circled the map thrice on this character, and have had some of the best and most entertaining encounters so far.  The coast is full of scrubs that think the sole purpose of the game is to PvP.  If you move more inland, you see this mentality change.  

But to actually answer your question, I'm south of zelenogorsk at the military base.

While I agree with your logic for getting off the coast, at the end of the day, the whole point of the game is to kill other players.

• Like 1

the whole point of the game is to kill other players.

Not.  Even.  Close.

I don't understand why people think this.  Maybe its due to the lack of objectives, or the fact that gear is everywhere.  The whole point of the game is to survive, and believe it or not, there is a life outside the east coast.

• Like 9

Not.  Even.  Close.

I don't understand why people think this.  Maybe its due to the lack of objectives, or the fact that gear is everywhere.  The whole point of the game is to survive, and believe it or not, there is a life outside the east coast.

If one was to remove the ability to attack other players, or to take it a step further, to make DayZ a single player game in and of itself, it would be terrible. DayZ Mod was 10% survival, 90% player vs. player combat, and the Standalone isn't going to much better. They can add as many sicknesses, as much inclement weather, and as many zombies/infected as they want, and it'll still be about player vs. player combat.

I don't know why people cling to this idea that DayZ (the game with AS50s, thermal vision, helicopters with rail guns, ammunition everywhere, etc) isn't based solely on player vs. player combat. Just because you don't have to kill everyone you run into doesn't detract from that.

No player vs. player = no sales = no game.

Edited by Grimey Rick

While I agree with your logic for getting off the coast, at the end of the day, the whole point of the game is to kill other players.

Wow you couldnt be more wrong. You got the wrong game, arma is what you want

Killing another player is for food or weapons he /she might have, not for fun or points

Edited by ld-airgrafix
  • Like 6

If one was to remove the ability to attack other players, or to take it a step further, to make DayZ a single player game in and of itself, it would be terrible. DayZ Mod was 10% survival, 90% player vs. player combat, and the Standalone isn't going to much better. They can add as many sicknesses, as much inclement weather, and as many zombies/infected as they want, and it'll still be about player vs. player combat.

I don't know why people cling to this idea that DayZ (the game with AS50s, thermal vision, helicopters with rail guns, ammunition everywhere, etc) isn't based solely on player vs. player combat. Just because you don't have to kill everyone you run into doesn't detract from that.

No player vs. player = no sales = no game.

1. The weapons you mentioned were already in the vanilla ArmA, and were later removed from the loot tables, because they ruined the game.

2. The game is not about PvP.  If it was, then why buy it?  Go play CoD or BF.

3. No PvP = no sales eh?  Then why were people raving over the SP mission that was released for the mod?  And why did most people that played it prefer it over the MP?  And why are people already asking if a DayZ SP will come out?  

PvP is NOT the sole purpose of the game.

• Like 1

Wow you couldnt be more wrong. You got the wrong game, arma is what you want

Killing another player is for food or weapons he /she might have, not for fun or points

I have Arma. I play it a lot. I also play DayZ a lot. They're both games that involve a fuckton of player vs. player combat. Ever heard of DayZ Overwatch? DayZ Epoch? DayZ OverEpoch? DayZero? If not, go play them for an afternoon or two and let me know how you fare. The Standalone is the same thing. DayZ has always been, and always will be a world of massacre with a few people dotting the landscape here and there who believe themselves holier than thou for not blasting whomever they come across.

If you honestly have a hard time surviving in the Mod or Standalone, then perhaps to you I can recommend Dora's Carnival 2: Boardwalk Adventure. I got it for my five year old, and he loves it!

Wow, really? I moved from my favorite hood berenzino, after everyone started to go there to zelenogorsk. Btw where did that supermarket go? I thought it was on the left outside coming from south as you enter the town? Or was that more north in pustoshka? Since Berenzino and surroundings is so crowded now, I guess zelenogorsk and co. is now my new hood. Made my first experiences in the mod around there. Also just visted the military base for my first time, everything was looted though. Do you see many hostile people around zelenogorsk? I guess I will stay there for a while.

WOW, You guys are in luck, this game can cater for both PvP and survival play styles. 

You can even mix them up and have a bit of both.  ;)

• Like 3

1. The weapons you mentioned were already in the vanilla ArmA, and were later removed from the loot tables, because they ruined the game.

They were removed? Certain versions of the Mod exclude them, but the most popular versions make them easier to attain. Tell me, what's easier to find? A pure vanilla server, role-playing server (like DayZRP), or a FAST BUILD | INDESTRUCTIBLE BASE | SELF-BLOODBAG | SPAWN WITH GUN server that is spammed with server messages of people killing each other?

2. The game is not about PvP.  If it was, then why buy it?  Go play CoD or BF.

Really? DayZ is not about PvP? Lol. It's marginally about survival and positive player interaction. The other 90% is about PvP. What is your end-game? Running around axing zombies/infected? Bandaging people only to have most of them attack you? Trying to befriend the plethora of prepubescents who sling racial slurs at you? Seriously, you're reaching. As far as Call of Duty and Battlefield, why do people play both games? For variety. Arma/DayZ is no different.

Not everyone records how many trips they've taken around the map, how many people they've seen, how many people they've bandaged, and how many people they've killed.

3. No PvP = no sales eh?  Then why were people raving over the SP mission that was released for the mod?  And why did most people that played it prefer it over the MP?  And why are people already asking if a DayZ SP will come out?

Yeah, that's why BIS jumped all over the DayZ single-player, eh? "MAN, WE COULD MAKE A FORTUNE OFF OF SHITTY A.I. AND BORING SURVIVAL MECHANICS!"

I don't remember people "raving" about DayZ single-player. Just the people who were too jaded to play multi-player and decided to whine on the forums about being shot for their beans.

PvP is NOT the sole purpose of the game.

It's not the sole purpose, it's the main purpose. You either kill people offensively or defensively. That's the game.

Edited by Grimey Rick

I have Arma. I play it a lot. I also play DayZ a lot. They're both games that involve a fuckton of player vs. player combat. Ever heard of DayZ Overwatch? DayZ Epoch? DayZ OverEpoch? DayZero? If not, go play them for an afternoon or two and let me know how you fare. The Standalone is the same thing. DayZ has always been, and always will be a world of massacre with a few people dotting the landscape here and there who believe themselves holier than thou for not blasting whomever they come across.

If you honestly have a hard time surviving in the Mod or Standalone, then perhaps to you I can recommend Dora's Carnival 2: Boardwalk Adventure. I got it for my five year old, and he loves it!

Being a parent myself, i dont have time for games that much. Once again you have misunderstood dayz completely. Surviving in dayz is alot easier than any other survival game. I tend to play this game as its meant to be played, scavenging for food, looting buildings for anything useful to me. I dont server hop like you till im fully armed than go to coast to kill fresh spawn

the whole point of the game is to kill other players.

:emptycan:

Could you guys please stop that off-topic thing and move it to a different thread, I bet you will find a lot of topics on this debate.

Being a parent myself, i dont have time for games that much. Once again you have misunderstood dayz completely. Surviving in dayz is alot easier than any other survival game. I tend to play this game as its meant to be played, scavenging for food, looting buildings for anything useful to me. I dont server hop like you till im fully armed than go to coast to kill fresh spawn

I server hop? I'm sorry, have we played together? I've played with a dozen or more people who frequently post on these forums, and they'll all tell you that I'm pretty religious about playing by the book. I begin my banditry with a Mosin and a Child's Briefcase. It just gets more violent with the more people I kill and stuff that I loot from their corpses.

Not everyone plays like me, and not everyone plays like you. To me, your version of this game sounds more boring than watching my constipated dog take a shit after he ate the belt from my wife's housecoat.

:emptycan:

oh+snap+john+mcain.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, really? I moved from my favorite hood berenzino, after everyone started to go there to zelenogorsk. Btw where did that supermarket go? I thought it was on the left outside coming from south as you enter the town? Or was that more north in pustoshka? Since Berenzino and surroundings is so crowded now, I guess zelenogorsk and co. is now my new hood. Made my first experiences in the mod around there. Also just visted the military base for my first time, everything was looted though. Do you see many hostile people around zelenogorsk? I guess I will stay there for a while.

Its on the left, about midway up the town if you are coming from the south.  Its on the outskirts though.  99% of the people I meet are friendly there.

• Like 1

Not.  Even.  Close.

I agree  P v P  is certainly an exhilarating and enjoyable part of the game but not the whole game. Perhaps when the zombies become more formidable and spawn in greater numbers things will balance out a bit. 

However when Grimey Rick said   "No player vs. player = no sales = no game."  Who can rightly say he is wrong? Even a crew of twenty Zombies are stiffs and pushovers if you have a crappy shotgun, some shells, an Ax and some bandages. Go on a nearly empty server and you can march through the streets of Novodmitrovsk as bold as brass with impunity and kill as many Zombies as you desire without ever having your pulse rate climb. But you wont be so bold if the server has a load of 35/40 and around every corner could reveal a well armed player that has a kill zone staked out. In that situation you will bring your best game, keep your head out of your ass and finger on the trigger. And that directly relates to enjoyment of the game. 

Grimey Rick wrote, "I begin my banditry with a Mosin and a Child's Briefcase. It just gets more violent with the more people I kill and stuff that I loot from their corpses."

That's horrible Rick! I never kill other players unless they wander into my mobile exclusion zone (if I see them) or if I want their gear. I figure that I am justified because better than 90% of the time when you bump into another player they will try to kill you...shoot first and ask questions later is the best policy because that's what most others play by. And of course there is no reason to deny yourself a little loot from their corpses, after all, they don't need it anymore.

I don't consider myself a bandit, I'm just a guy that maintains an active defense  Have some Beans Rick

Edited by Xbow

I server hop? I'm sorry, have we played together? I've played with a dozen or more people who frequently post on these forums, and they'll all tell you that I'm pretty religious about playing by the book. I begin my banditry with a Mosin and a Child's Briefcase. It just gets more violent with the more people I kill and stuff that I loot from their corpses.

Not everyone plays like me, and not everyone plays like you. To me, your version of this game sounds more boring than watching my constipated dog take a shit after he ate the belt from my wife's housecoat.

oh+snap+john+mcain.jpg

Well survival is boring. Post apocalypse isnt supposed to be fun. Something tells me you bought that dora game for yourself , you just told the son story to the guy at the counter didnt you, ha ha

Well survival is boring. Post apocalypse isnt supposed to be fun. Something tells me you bought that dora game for yourself , you just told the son story to the guy at the counter didnt you, ha ha

DAMN, you got me. ;3

Don't know if the thread title is some meme that I have once again missed out on but it is really hurting my brain.

I have been wondering the same thing though.  I think Grimey Rick, although I do not necessarily agree with him wholeheartedly, is right in saying that PvP is the main point of the game.  However I don't think that necessarily means shooting everyone you see on sight to add a notch to your pixel belt, but the player interactions.  DayZ is famous on YouTube, Twitch and wherever else because of player interactions it is just a shame it has devolved to killing on sight or just running around with no pants on blasting music till someone puts you out of your misery.  Its not all bad of course and will get better... at least we can only hope.

I recently started playing again and went to Berezino with a bit of gear and got capped by a group of dudes.  Ran back and found one laying prone by a pond and I knocked him out, took his stuff and rolled out into the forest without looking back.  I went from east coast to NEAF to the Sobors to Vybor to NWAF down to Zelenogorsk then to Elektro backtracked to Cherno then Balota back to Dubky.  I am now in the middle of nowhere trying to get back to the coast because it has been a solid 12-15 hours of boredom with my only interactions being some guy randomly shooting me in the back in Tent City @ NWAF with the press vest saving my life and a guy I met in Elektro who hung out with me until server reset shortly after.

The most interesting thing I have seen was two zombies, chasing a deer but I will say, something about the whole setting of where I was at and the way it happened gave me one of the most immersive moments I have ever had in this game.  Other than that its been quiet and I play on high pop servers.  Although rare, the interactions I get inland are FAR more interesting and exhilarating than anything you see at the coast (for the most part) because people generally know the game and aren't afraid to RP like they are actually in a survival scenario.  But after all this time of nothing intelligent to hunt or interact with I am heading back to where it all started where I will probably lose my full Summer Camo Gorka-E suit and fully kitten AKM to some random guy I hesitated to shoot because I wanted an interesting interaction instead of a dead body with nothing I need (or ruined) and gun shot to alert every fist happy bambi in the area to come swarming.

But thats DayZ... if its not about player interation, its about nothing.

TLDR: Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

• Like 2

Don't know if the thread title is some meme that I have once again missed out on but it is really hurting my brain.

I have been wondering the same thing though.  I think Grimey Rick, although I do not necessarily agree with him wholeheartedly, is right in saying that PvP is the main point of the game.  However I don't think that necessarily means shooting everyone you see on sight to add a notch to your pixel belt, but the player interactions.  DayZ is famous on YouTube, Twitch and wherever else because of player interactions it is just a shame it has devolved to killing on sight or just running around with no pants on blasting music till someone puts you out of your misery.  Its not all bad of course and will get better... at least we can only hope.

I recently started playing again and went to Berezino with a bit of gear and got capped by a group of dudes.  Ran back and found one laying prone by a pond and I knocked him out, took his stuff and rolled out into the forest without looking back.  I went from east coast to NEAF to the Sobors to Vybor to NWAF down to Zelenogorsk then to Elektro backtracked to Cherno then Balota back to Dubky.  I am now in the middle of nowhere trying to get back to the coast because it has been a solid 12-15 hours of boredom with my only interactions being some guy randomly shooting me in the back in Tent City @ NWAF with the press vest saving my life and a guy I met in Elektro who hung out with me until server reset shortly after.

The most interesting thing I have seen was two zombies, chasing a deer but I will say, something about the whole setting of where I was at and the way it happened gave me one of the most immersive moments I have ever had in this game.  Other than that its been quiet and I play on high pop servers.  Although rare, the interactions I get inland are FAR more interesting and exhilarating than anything you see at the coast (for the most part) because people generally know the game and aren't afraid to RP like they are actually in a survival scenario.  But after all this time of nothing intelligent to hunt or interact with I am heading back to where it all started where I will probably lose my full Summer Camo Gorka-E suit and fully kitten AKM to some random guy I hesitated to shoot because I wanted an interesting interaction instead of a dead body with nothing I need (or ruined) and gun shot to alert every fist happy bambi in the area to come swarming.

But thats DayZ... if its not about player interation, its about nothing.

TLDR: Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

press vest provides no extra protection than any other vest....stop using it and upgrade to a vest with better storage :

press vest provides no extra protection than any other vest....stop using it and upgrade to a vest with better storage :

Well I was wearing it because I stole it from the guy that was laying prone near the lake.  I say it saved me because I got hit with a single shot in my back and my screen only flashed grey and was not bleeding however the vest was ruined.

Im glad my post was a great segue for you to take your time to post a video that has nothing to do with the thread at hand.  May everyone who reads this thread be more informed because of you.

• Like 1

Where is everyone? Crawling away praying I wont find them if they make it over to that nearby bush after I shoot one of their kneecaps out.

Rick's right, it is about PvP, but Rick's also wrong because it's not ONLY about PvP, it's about torturing some poor kid sitting behind his screen trying to bulk up on gear and shooting everyone he sees on sight.

The game is all about human interaction in a fantasy post-apocalyptic world where our actions, however devious or pious, only resonate in the pixels we see on the screen, not in real life. So if for many people, like Rick, it means blasting people's faces away as soon as they see them. For some it means being a goody-two shoes and trying to "save" people. And for me, it means being a sadistic bastard who loves kneecapping.

I mean seriously though, where else can you shoot someone in the kneecaps from the shade of a tree, watch them fall and bleed as they crawl around trying to find salvation, damning themselves for not making that splint out of the sticks they'd seen in that one shed because they figured the beans were worth more inventory space? Where else can you listen to them scream "FRIENDLY, I SWEAR I'M FRIENDLY YOU CAN HAVE MY GEAR PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I JUST GOT HERE FROM THE COAST," as you casually walk up behind them where you're just outside of their gun's angle? God I love you Dean Hall.

• Like 3

Where am I at most of the time?... Well that conversation deserved some Beans and a Cola. Personally I don't treat this game as a PvP considering I have way too much trust with everyone I see and they just end up killing me... Oh well, it's hard being nice. I'm more of a PvA, if you were to put a title on it player vs Animals, although the animals don't really attack. In other words I love being a hunter! I've spent countless hours running around with my Sporter 22, axe and a fire place hunting and cooking meat. Idk why but things like that get me going! I sit mainly on the west side to be honest and the only reason why I ever server hop is to be in a full lobby. Anyway that's where I'm at, if anyone wants some free meat you know where to find me! 

Happy hunting! (Whatever it is you're trying to kill... Grimey Rick ;) )