Unsun31

Very is everyone at?

VERILY! They hideth from thee in the wood, wherest thou canst not seeith them......ith.

on the other topic of discussion that has sprung up within this thread (thread'ception???) the point of the game is....what ever the fuck you want it to be.

Edited by Crazykage

oh boy...what have i done? this was supposed to be a happy forum not a overnight debate. D= please stop the fighting and lets all go home and take a nap.

oh boy...what have i done? this was supposed to be a happy forum not a overnight debate. D= please stop the fighting and lets all go home and take a nap.

Its futile. I started a thread about "why I kos (outside of defense or necessity)", stating that for me, it wasn't about the killing but about the hunt, and asking other players to talk about their reasons. I stressed that the thread was a non judgment zone, and asked those who had a problem with kos to agree to disagree and not flame....

So guess what the topic degraded into (even after I asked a SECOND time to get back on track)?

No, it wasn't a flame war of kos vs non kos....not even that. It turned into a hateful debate about what is most important in life....something about having kids, seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women, and NOT having kids in favor of partying all the time...god the internet is dumb...

As much as I dislike the fact that the devs are 99% non-existent in the OFFICIAL forum, that thread made me ALMOST understand.

Its futile. I started a thread about "why I kos (outside of defense or necessity)", stating that for me, it wasn't about the killing but about the hunt, and asking other players to talk about their reasons. I stressed that the thread was a non judgment zone, and asked those who had a problem with kos to agree to disagree and not flame....

So guess what the topic degraded into (even after I asked a SECOND time to get back on track)?

No, it wasn't a flame war of kos vs non kos....not even that. It turned into a hateful debate about what is most important in life....something about having kids, seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women, and NOT having kids in favor of partying all the time...god the internet is dumb...

As much as I dislike the fact that the devs are 99% non-existent in the OFFICIAL forum, that thread made me ALMOST understand.

lol wow the internet is an interesting place.

I have Arma. I play it a lot. I also play DayZ a lot. They're both games that involve a fuckton of player vs. player combat. Ever heard of DayZ Overwatch? DayZ Epoch? DayZ OverEpoch? DayZero? If not, go play them for an afternoon or two and let me know how you fare.

The Overwatch/Epoch combo is called Overpoch...  <_< 

I think you need to go check because there are a huge amount of very popular PVE Epoch servers and even some of the Overpoch servers are PVE. There are also mixed servers that allow PVP on large swaths of the map but PVE in certain zones. Not everyone enjoys wondering if the guy they met 10 minutes ago is going to shoot them in the back. I've noticed that PVE servers tend to get large numbers of players that team up and some of those friendships created then mover over to PVP servers and stay as a group because they know this other person then and feel they can trust them. 

I need to find the thread where one of the players experimented and recorded his playing sessions. He always tried to approach people as friendly. At the end about half his encounters in SA were unfriendly and half friendly. It was interesting to check out. 

Basically, not everyone is under the delusion that DayZ is mostly PVP.

On Topic

I am currently near Green Mountain. Made my way there from Mista where I spawned this last time. I might wander into Zelenogorsk and see if I can trade my crappy shotgun up for a better weapon. 

Edited by Mercules