Rhaptic

I Found A Infinate 60 round M4A1 Hacked Mag, Should I throw it out?

I shot it a few times but its all the ammo i got for a m4a1 idk if i should throw it out or not

• Like 1

I shot it a few times but its all the ammo i got for a m4a1 idk if i should throw it out or not

Yeah?... Unless you want to be the scum of DayZ.

• Like 6

Morally, Yes.

Honestly, Who cares? I personally rip the ammo out of them as it deletes itself. However they've been  Patched Out/Removed 3 times now, Yet they're still here..

Use it until you find a new mag. Then throw it away. Problem solved.

• Like 2

Is this a serious question? Keep it.

Is this a serious answer? Play fairly.

• Like 5

when battleeye does a scan and you get banned. plz dont come on the forums crying about how you got banned

• Like 1

Keep it until you run out of ammo and then throw it..oh wait.. lol

Just keep it till you find another one and ditch it (but actually try to find another one).

Don't be a turd, throw it out. If you use it knowingly your pretty much as bad as the people who spawned it in. Play fair.

It has been thrown away in the forest somewhere

• Like 9

Honestly, why have a gun to begin with?  Maybe you should use infinite words instead of infinite bullets.  All I need is my bow to hunt, stuff to make a fire, and the good book to guide me on my path.  No no, not the Bible.  I carry around a copy of The Brothers Karamazov.

Can nihilism be validated by the suffering seen in DayZ?  I mean, would one reject the omniscience of a God based on the mere fact that we experience pain?  Could one?  I guess another question would be "why give us free will?" which seems irresponsible.  Stupid KoS'rs.

• Like 2

when battleeye does a scan and you get banned. plz dont come on the forums crying about how you got banned

That's not how it works...

It has been thrown away in the forest somewhere

Correct answer and you have my beans  :)

Although it should be.

Hmmmm, no. What I did in such situations was empty it, make two sixty stack (was some time ago), throw the rest away. If you kill someone that was just spraying you like an idiot and did not run out or ammo and you take his gun, you should also still find some ammo on his body, unless you were really unlucky that is. Btw, there were some that wrote that the mag resetted with a relog and had that insane amount of bullets again, but that did not happen to me

Now, should I get banned for that? When I took the m4 once, I did not even see the attachments including the mag until I relogged. If BE came and banned me for being a cheater in such cases, I would be pissed and I don't think I deserve it. I mean really, I even refuse to look through walls and ppl are not banned for that...

Funny thing though, there are many things unlimited. I had a berry, a beer (I think, some can definitely) and M4 mags (from ppl I killed). The berry and the beer I just found. I did not throw those away, I found it funny as hell. The first thing was the beer. I gave away all canteens only to find out that the beer (as the berry) lost it's magic after relogging. That was a disappointment. I mean really, what would be better in the apocalypse than unlimitted beer. And please don't tell me that it is not actually beer, I keep pretending.

Infinity Sprite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZUYWFJ3qM

Edited by bautschi

We found an unlimited water canteen on someone we shot yesterday. Of course his m4 had an unlimited ammo mag as well. We run in a team of 10-15 usually (2 squads) - this allows to mow down bigger groups of players. 2 out of 3 groups that we kill have unlimited ammo and m4s, even though they are not suppose to spawn on stable, because apparently helicopter crashes did not make it to stable build (Hicks confirmed on Reddit). We even found 2 tactical vests and those don't spawn for like a couple of months.

What I'm trying to say is, that 2 out of 3 groups in this game dupe items to absurd amounts. What the devs apparently fixed is the ability to create new unlimited items from a template, but the ones that exist can still be duplicated. Expect to see all kind of "already fixed" crap until duping is fixed.

Edited by retro19
  • Like 1

My old me would say no..

Yes.

That was in your previous life as a wall glitch exploiter.  :P

Now you roam the lands of Chernarus as the HeroTigerAce... you still need to change your name of course. 

• Like 1

That was in your previous life as a wall glitch exploiter.  :P

Now you roam the lands of Chernarus as the HeroTigerAce... you still need to change your name of course. 

Heheheheheh :D

It's not possible, unfortunately :(

Edited by EvilTigerAce

Why must you even ask this question. The answer is a very simple yes. But you probably knew that before you came here. I hide any and all that i find. If i have no other ammo so be it. The game is pretty fun trying to hide cus you have no ammo.

Is this a serious answer? Play fairly.

Yes, it was a serious answer. Honestly, what did he think people would really say when he made this thread...

Keep it, throw it away, whatever. No need to make pointless threads showing how noble you are.

Yes, it was a serious answer. Honestly, what did he think people would really say when he made this thread...

Keep it, throw it away, whatever. No need to make pointless threads showing how noble you are.

I will say I was slightly (only slightly) vexed by your answer.  But sometimes I don't see the big picture.  This thread is set up to self-congratulate.  I have a similar question!  I found a purse that belongs to an old woman, and after going through the loot inside, I found $1000 cash!  What should I do?  

Now, here is where the jokers say "Upgrade your PC lol!" or "Have it turned into all $1's and hit the titty bars!"  But the majority of breathing humans would demand it's return using obvious rationale to make sure every one knows where their moral compass is pointing.  then I would come back and say "I returned it, and she used that money to buy her grandson a new set of lungs!  No he will live!" having completed my self-fulfilling prophecy. At the very least, I showed that I wasn't a complete a-hole, because a-holes would keep it and NOT make a post.

As for my little scenario, I returned the purse, killed the woman's husband by faking a car accident, and now we are knocking Pristine Boots nightly.  And I kept the cash.

• Like 1

I'd probably shoot into the air like Rambo for 2 minutes. Drop the mag and bug out before someone shot me in the back.