Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Petition against globally restricted loot

FEEL FREE TO JUST TROLL ALL OVER THE PLACE, BECAUSE UNLESS EVERYONE AGREES WITH YOU, THEY ARE WRONG. THANKS GUYS.

Edited by LootandLive
  • Like 9

oh god not a petition, these are the most useless things in the world.

you dont like it? Good, just say it and tell why so. your opinion count, because you are a tester.

i dont like this thing either. but damn... A petition?

Edited by Edoissimo

No to petitions.. and if so, make it on Reddit. Only place Dean reads shit anyhow..

So if you do, write this to Dean:

MAKE LOOT CONTROL FOR EACH SERVER, NOT GLOBAL FOR THE ENTIRE GAME ACROSS ALL SERVERS. DO NOT PROMOTE SERVER HOPPING. AT ALL. 

Maybe add in a kiwi bird image or something like that. It may help sway him more away from the dark side. 

• Like 1

You do realize they tested ways to get loot to respawn a few experimentals back, but the rubber banding it caused was worse than Helen Kellers self written book.  They scraped that idea and are working on a new one if I'm not mistaken.

Fuel for server hopping ahaha.

It completely makes server hopping useless so I fail to see how that works out.

With finite resources whats the point of server hopping for an item that no longer spawns.

Just my two cents:

Global restriction of certain items does nothing to fuel server hopping.
In a system like that, you actually have more chance to find that item looking from many as possible spawns on one single server, than one spawn on many servers.

Sure some players can't enjoy every thing in the game. I see no problem in that. That's a good thing. Many people in the world can't enjoy everything in the world.

I can't think of better way to make stuff rare.

If everything spawned on every server, there would be servers just for a small number of people farming the best loot, same as in the mod. Then they go die on normal servers and spread that shit around.
--> Shit stops being rare really fast. (AS50, NVG's in the mod for example)

So all in all, i really SUPPORT the idea of restricted loot, period.

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 4

With finite resources whats the point of server hopping for an item that no longer spawns.

How do you know when an item is done spawning?

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

How do you know when an item is done spawning?

Why would ou need to know when an item is done spawning?

As of late, Dean has been throwing around an idea for having only a certain amount of a type of loot across ALL SERVERS. This is nothing more than fuel for server hopping, and extremely flawed. Implementing this will make it so only so many players can enjoy every thing in the game. So I am starting this thread as a petition against globally restricted loot. Please leave a small note why you are against it, and hopefully we can get a lot, and the devs will hear of it. Thank you.

NOTE: UNLESS YOU ARE HERE TO VOICE AGAINST THE ISSUE AT HAND, PLEASE DONT POST. THANK YOU!

Why would ou need to know when an item is done spawning?

I don't, I'm just pointing out it doesn't make server hopping useless because you don't know when an item was looted enough to stop spawning so you still hop and hope it's still there.

This isn't a new idea, he is just bringing it up again. This has been known for about a year now.

GUYS PLEASE DONT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE PETITION. THANKS AGAIN.

NOTE: UNLESS YOU ARE HERE TO VOICE AGAINST THE ISSUE AT HAND, PLEASE DONT POST. THANK YOU!

OH... I must've misread then, when i saw this topic under general DISCUSSION of an open forum.

My bad.

• Like 5

In a system like that, you actually have more chance to find that item looking from many as possible spawns on one single server, than one spawn on many servers.

Well, no. See what Dean described and more thoroughly lately, is that if there is a helicopter part you need. It will only spawn at heli crashes or in a rare place like that. So you will have about 3 places tops to search each server. And you could search the same server for your entire life but if that loot never is assigned to spawn there you will NEVER EVER find it. So what Dean is saying is you will "hear its on another server and you and your clan will go there to try and get it". So he is quite literally saying that BIS wants to promote server hopping to find rare parts that are controlled by the central global hive. 

• Like 2

Just my two cents:

Global restriction of certain items does nothing to fuel server hopping.

Sure some players can't enjoy every thing in the game. I see no problem in that. That's a good thing. Many people in the world can't enjoy everything in the world.

I can't think of better way to make stuff rare.

If everything spawned on every server, there would be servers just for a small number of people farming the best loot, same as in the mod. Then they go die on normal servers and spread that shit around.

--> Shit stops being rare really fast. (AS50, NVG's in the mod for example)

So all in all, i really SUPPORT the idea of restricted loot, period.

Yes. More support here for global loot economy. 

This game will be incomplete without it. It also opens the door for the survival factor to be adjusted on private hives, i.e. food could be made super rare or guns etc.

Ya.... I want to pay $100/month for items not spawning on my server  :rolleyes:

WTF is BiS thinking?????

• Like 3

Will someone please lock this thread. Obviously the community cant stand to have anyone with a different viewpoint trying to garner support for a change and has to be a bunch of trolls. Thanks.

WTF is BiS thinking?????

ONE POST THAT ACTUALLY PERTAINS TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC! F-ING THANK YOU.

Well, no. See what Dean described and more thoroughly lately, is that if there is a helicopter part you need. It will only spawn at heli crashes or in a rare place like that. So you will have about 3 places tops to search each server. And you could search the same server for your entire life but if that loot never is assigned to spawn there you will NEVER EVER find it. So what Dean is saying is you will "hear its on another server and you and your clan will go there to try and get it". So he is quite literally saying that BIS wants to promote server hopping to find rare parts that are controlled by the central global hive. 

THAT what you just wrote sure sounds like flawed way to go about it. Even so much that i refuse to believe it will eventually end up that way.

What i mean is, when you can globally restrict the items, there's no point making it spawn in just "three" places. They could  (SHOULD) spread the spawn of that heli part across EVERY industrial spawn on the map. That would make hopping obsolete. Same with guns. and those helicrashes. Globally restricted helicrashes across all servers.

And yes the server uptimes are going to be significantly longer but i dont think it's ever decided what spawns where. Stuff respawn/despawn as servers restart/and loot changes from one random server to another etc.

After all this time, you still take Deans posts exactly word word?  I don't think he really puts THAT much emphasis in how exactly he words his random tweets tha we should start a civil war over it.

ONE POST THAT ACTUALLY PERTAINS TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC! F-ING THANK YOU.

Meh, this was discussed a while ago.  The idea is stupid and shouldn't even exist.  What are we doing?  Going through warp gates to another dimension of the same server to find specific items?  Fuck are they dumb for even thinking of this. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a pretty terrible idea.

I feel that helicopters in general are a bad idea. The amount of fuel it would take to keep a helicopter in the air for an hour would be tantamount to a month's effort of scavenging. It's just... dumb.

If we're going to incorporate every gimmicky thing from Arma, then I want a fucking tank. A tank would be easier to keep running and use roughly the same amount of fuel. Neither one really fits the world that DayZ is set in, but why not have a tank if we're going to see the odd helicopter in the sky?

• Like 2

Yes. More support here for global loot economy. 

This game will be incomplete without it. It also opens the door for the survival factor to be adjusted on private hives, i.e. food could be made super rare or guns etc.

Actually they can change loot on the fly right now and always have been able to. You are on the nail but using the wrong hammer on that one.. see what global loot economy does, and what it ONLY does is take away control of loot spawning from server hosters and modders. It makes so BIS has control over their loot items. That is the end of what it means, and all that it means. 

WTF is BiS thinking?????

They are quite simply not thinking if they want us to hop. If they just want to control people from making 1000 heli servers than thats different, but its not what they are talking about which is very disturbing.. 

Will someone please lock this thread. Obviously the community cant stand to have anyone with a different viewpoint trying to garner support for a change and has to be a bunch of trolls. Thanks.

I mean, Devil.. you cant handle people sharing their viewpoints also? Did you honestly think this would not end up a clusterfuck from the gitgo? No one is trolling, they are just stating their views.. well ok, yeah some are outright fucking trolling Im sure but I havent read the whole thing and you know some of these people are like 12 going on 34 so its easy to ignore anyhow.

Take your petition to Reddit man.. it will be more effective there anyhow.

Rah :)

Edited by lrish

I don't want individual servers to control the loot. It will wind up as it did in the mod, trying to find a decent server among the "1000+ vehicles / spawn with a mega gun" servers. I don't think any control should be given in that regard to loot.

Having said that I also do not think server hopping should actively be encouraged. 

I repeat. This forum is for DISCUSSION as i understand.

I see people DISCUSSING this topic in a very mature and civil way while abiding to all rules of this forum.

Infact, the only person here i see acting hostile against differing opinions would be you, dear OP.

• Like 1

I can't believe they couldn't come up with a timer for loot spawn rarity instead.  Have certain items only spawn in once every 72 hours or something and it only lasts an hour before it despawns again.  Problem solved.

• Like 1