WashedUpPoet

How will you play, Hardcore or Standard

How do you plan to play DayZ when it's finally here, Hard Core Or Standard.

It's nice to play 3rd person sometimes, as to get a nice view of the world your character is engulfed in but I just don't think It has a real place in an online game like Dayz.

3rd person takes a lot of risk from a shooter, it doesn't force you to peek around corners to get a view of the possible enemy, making it far to easy to lay out an ambush on a unsuspected passer. While 1st person obviously does just that, every move is calculated you literally are looking over your shoulder all the time. 

That seems to be the experience everyone talks about, that fear of the unknown. So what will you guys be playing I would love to hear what your opinion is and why.

yours truly Poet.

It's here and now for myself and many others.

Hardcore for Wolfing, easy mode on when playing with others.

Both, on Experimental builds.

• Like 4

I'm going to switch permanently to hardcore soon. 3rd person is for girls and wimps.

• Like 3

I never played softcore and I never will. Softcore from the few hours I tried is just too boring. The third person whoring is another thing but for me it´s just not intense enough and turns the whole game into an "arcade game" so nothing I like but to everyone his/her own. I don´t think I am "better/harder/..." because of playing hardcore but I know as a matter of fact that hardcore is way more intense to play. Back in the good ol´mod times it was a heartstopper to sneak-crawl into a town because of the ZEDs in the SA it´s more the "bumping into players" thing. But I guess the ZEDs will follow soon and the "hoppers" are actually pretty nasty already. Last but not least I guess there are more "mature" players on the hardcore servers. I had good conversations, trades, little team ups and all that kind of stuff on already. Sure, people shoot you down also but that´s usually around the pvp zones. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I gotta agree with TestNewbie, It just seems Hardcore is how the game should be played to get that true Survival experience. Otherwise you just end up with this "arcade like" version.

I also don't see a benefit to playing in 3rd to meet or chat to people as most of the mature players appear to be playing Hardcore.

• Like 1

I'm going to switch permanently to hardcore soon. 3rd person is for girls and wimps.

Do you enjoy hardcore more though?

I started playing hardcore after a couple of hours of regular and never looked back. I just can't stand the gimmicky camera and how people use it. Completely breaks the immersion and, for me, the importance of tactical gameplay and spacial awareness.

Unlike most people, I'm not willing to give that up in order to play with someone else - I play HC through and through, if someone wants to play with me, they'll have to play HC as well.

• Like 5

I still have to get a Desktop that will run DayZ but I'll be jumping right into HC from the get go.

I like a more realistic/tactical approach so HC is really the only way to play in my opinion.

I hope to find a HC clan that uses this military style coordination, I figure most of the more serious Clans will be on HardCore in the near future.

Hardcore 90% of the time, regular as an alt account when I'm playing solo.

• Like 1

I will play both, more or less equally, as I do now.

I don't really distinguish between them in terms of playstyle; I just like being able to have two characters on the go at once - ideally I'd like to have more available.

As long as the server is good - I don't care.

Played both, like both.

I'm going to play it in 2nd person mode, the screen will be blank but a disembodied voice will describe what I'm doing.

• Like 4

I play standard and i use the camera to look over walls and around corners. I kos everyone i see except my friends.

Hardcore is for people who think field of view is 90 degrees.

When i saw this thread I thought it was a bait thread to get all the flamers here yelling "hardcore is coolz and 3pp is for *random insult blah blah!" but seems civil enough.

I play mostly standard 3pp due to my low fps and jump to 1pp sometimes to keep things fresh. 

3PP for fooling around, trolling, telling People stupid Storys see how they react

1PP only when with the full Crew of dudes.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Stable HC with friends.

Experimental HC alone.

Never tried lamecore and never will.

Two of my friends actually have headaches, when playing hardcore and being in low fps towns.

I simply can't wait for client to get optimised, so that we can have 40+ FPS in towns with object quality atleast normal or better.

Anyway it is a beautiful world when you can chose yourself.

Calling 3rd person ON servers lamercore feels like you are being elitist pricks.

Btw OP, this discussion was done to death already, why do you feel the need to revive it once again?

Are you that hungry for some beanz?

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Do you enjoy hardcore more though?

I wouldn't switch if I didn't 

Always experimental. Hardcore for serious , regular for photo expeditions and not give a stuff about my chars life.

I do both just because I like having a different variety of toons.  I hardly ever use 3rd person in regular just because I usually forget about it being available.  If I do use it it's for pictures and that is about it.

I've tried playing hardcore but I do get a claustrophobic feeling after ~2 hours of playing, dunno why :S

Can't stand doing everything in 1st person, its just not how BI games roll for me