SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Wasn't just tents that didn't save either, all dropped items and buildings reset too.

I'm worried about my worms now, if anybody is on DE-05 can you go check in the yellow house near the hospital in Gorka, upstairs in the cupboard and see if they are still wriggling.

Thanks.

• Like 4

So I log in after a server restart and I am a bird, that has not happened to me ever in SA, only in Arma.

Like this:

DayZbird.png

alright, chances of smersh have been increased by 25% now that ctorchia shown a screeny of it. don't get too excited though. it maybe for the experminetal after this one

What is Smersh ??

What is Smersh ??

new type of vest that Chris's team is working on. Though I should say SMERSH

What is Smersh ??

SMERSH (Russian: СМЕРШ, acronym of Russian: Специальные Методы Разоблaчения Шпионов (Spetsyalnye MEtody Razoblacheniya SHpyonov; Special Methods of Spy Detection), but also anecdotally referred to as SMERt' SHpionam; "Death to spies") was an umbrella name for three independent counter-intelligence agencies in the Red Army formed in late 1942 or even earlier, but officially founded on 14 April 1943.[3][4] The name SMERSH was coined by Joseph Stalin. The main reason for its creation was to subvert the attempts by German forces to infiltrate the Red Army.

Edited by Guest

What is Smersh ??

Bit like a MOLLE system, although every time it comes up in a post I think of:

hulk-smash.png

My tents are still there. Items inside aswell. DE 0-7

Hehe DE 0-7 is so ridiculous, on some places like the prison behind the nwaf or factory at trainstation are tons of loot, maybe 100-200 item at on point. you dont have to search for surviving on that server, just run to one of this places and you are good and bored for hours.

Anyway I dont get the point why its necessary to make everything persistence? Imo its enough to make tents, backpacks or something like that persistence. But every junk? 0.47 has awfull frequently slowdowns if you run far ways, 0.46 hadn't this shit.

Edited by Sharplooter

As far as balancing goes, I hope they add military loot back to the UAZ Jeeps. I liked being able to find a small amount of military loot in civilian areas because it made things a little more dynamic.

As far as balancing goes, I hope they add military loot back to the UAZ Jeeps. I liked being able to find a small amount of military loot in civilian areas because it made things a little more dynamic.

It will be nice if loot spawn would be fixed everywhere.

Currently about 50% of places that should spawn loot do not work.

Exp. Servers down again... Update coming?

This update should resolve several issues with persistent storage, and the saving of weapon attachments - as well as some issues with melee.

Edited by Guest

If they fix melee today I am the happiest bunny on the planet. If I would get DayZ to run at all. I got a weird Display format error (already posted in troubleshooting), but if Melee is fixed, I am happy to take a char wipe for it :-)

I wonder what they mean by "some issues" though... LMB bug? Hit registration? Maybe even both? Oh I can't wait, I'm so excited! *wiggles around on chair* :D

So I finally found my first tent an hour or so ago, was so excited.  Took it in my hands, found some flat ground but thought, hey, I wonder if this will fit inside by backpack, large mountain variety.  I start tossing gear on the ground, ammo box, food, canteen, stove, fnx, etc. and turn to pickup the tent and boom, "SESSION LOST" displays.  Awe crap, refresh server list, find the one I was on and click join.  "Please Wait" is displayed, so I'm waiting patiently, then not so patiently, hit escape, then refresh, and the server is stuck at 8:00am, and I can't rejoin...WTF.  Oh well, time to make a sandwich, I come back down afterwards and all HC are offline for the update. REALLY, I say to myself!  I guess it's now a good time to work on that presentation for Monday.  Oh and I did experience that LMB again, twice today while chopping down a tree, once spamming the LMB, then restarting the game and holding down the LMB.  So apparently it can happen either way.  I did however figure out that I could use the scroll wheel to select "chop down tree" and then use my activate button to take a swing.  It's an ok work-around for chopping wood, not so much so for anything else.

Apparently the Devs. call it this "Player can in rare circumstances enter a state in which they cannot attack and must relog"??? (Copied from the patch notes on Stable btw).

I have not run across a tent yet on EXP, though I haven't logged many hours this week.  I did however run across someones stash they had accumulated near a dear stand.  It looked more like a trash heap.  I grabbed some food, a 1911 that was laying there and a couple other items.  Finding and raiding stashes is at the top of my list of things to do along with scouting for helicopter crash sites.

Edited by Super_Duty

It just finished updating. Can anyone actually join the 48. servers yet? They all say 0 players...

Edited by Demonica

In exp.? Is there an update for that? Steam doesn't say anything about an update being available...

Nevermind, it just started updating. In the hopes I'll be able to play it again :-)

Are you sure? update isn't out yet.

Edited by Guest

Hmm is there any way to force the update?

Latest patch I just verified cache and it started to download the update. Now nothing, not even when opting out of experimental and in again.

Edited by akpe

Hmm any way to force to update?

Latest patch I just verified cache and it started to download the update. Now nothing, not even when opting out of experimental and in again.

Regarding to http://steamdb.info/app/221100/history/ the update isn't pushed to the experimental depot yet.

Wrong.

Right.

But untill we can have lotta fun with that feature.

I should have said they are "glitched" on experimental. Tested it personally, and some items put inside the tents disappeared upon server restart. And the loot respawn system is all messed up so...

I agree though, and no matter what, I still do have lots of fun anyway...

Came across this yesterday...

1z19sv6.jpg

Lots of funny sights on experimental, love that! B)

The melee system feels drastically improved.

Maybe I am just imagining it, but for the first time the hit regristration on my side feels in synch with the actual blow.

Also swinging a melee weapon feels much more fluent and responsive now.

On the other hand I only had 2 undead test subjects so far... so maybe my brain is just playing games with me ^^