SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

They are disabled too on the experimental branch. They'll wipe experimental servers again next experimental patch, so there's really no need to try and "keep" our stuff on experimental anyway.

See that's ok with me, but till then, it's nice to have a couple of cache points to rally at in the event of death by misadventure....

The fun part is that the real idiots and squeakers on the exp servers haven't figured out to follow people to their cache sites, they are just doing the same old dumb ass shit.  I got away from a double team attempt on my life today.  I could hear the partner talking to the dude talking to me in the back ground, then I saw him failing to use cover while sneaking up on me.  They tried shooting at me with a carbine at 100 meters+, I popped off some supressive fire back at them with my SKS and got the hell out of there.  I think I got one of them because I only saw one of them making for the woodline in the opposite direction from me.  What a pair of noobs!

Edited by Barnabus

So I log in after a server restart and I am a bird, that has not happened to me ever in SA, only in Arma.

So I log in after a server restart and I am a bird, that has not happened to me ever in SA, only in Arma.

You are a bird? What kind of? Pictures or it didn't happen  ;) .

You are a bird? What kind of? Pictures or it didn't happen  ;) .

Ok Ok, when I get home from work, yeah, I did have the forethought to take a screenie.  So neener neener beaner eater.

You guyz got any speculation on 0.48******???? Or is it even .48?

Mags and ammo for the Makarov, .45 spawning loose and in boxes, zeds hit boxes fixed, tents that blend in better with the country side, fixed random helicrash and police car spawns, wood floored tent spawns fixed, zeds in Novo,

Edited by Barnabus

You guyz got any speculation on 0.48******???? Or is it even .48?

Seen some stuff on DayzTV about .48 some guns and clothing etc and a VS3 wreck but all speculation Ill wait and see what appears here 1st before reading anything more!

Seen some stuff on DayzTV.

Watching too much TV is not good for you and often does not relate to the real world.

• Like 3

Watching too much TV is not good for you and often does not relate to the real world.

Tis True!

Not a rant, not a moan... but on EXP, my placed tent disappeared after a server restart.

Now I thought only Stable had this lack of persistence?

Im assuming its just a bug/glitch and I was unlucky with how or where I placed the tent, but has anyone else had the problem?

I know its Alpha and appreciate this can happen, just wanted to know if at this stage on the EXP version, it should be happening and if not, then I can add to the bug reports with the details of how my tent disappeared.

Cheers,

Note I definitely placed the tent on a EXP server, not on a stable branch.

Not a rant, not a moan... but on EXP, my placed tent disappeared after a server restart.

Im assuming its just a bug/glitch and I was unlucky with how or where I placed the tent, but has anyone else had the problem?

I know its Alpha and appreciate this can happen, just wanted to know if at this stage on the EXP version, it should be happening and if not, then I can add to the bug reports with the details of how my tent disappeared.

Cheers,

You found a tent?

I thought this was a really bad gag from the developers to "put in tents" hue hue hue..

Seriously, I was looking in different feedstands for 3 hours straight yet I didn't find any tent.

Is it just me or does it seem like ammo spawning is kinda broken in this build. I don't find any .45 acp, .22, .357, or .380. All other ammo types that should spawn seem to be in abundance though. could just be my experience though

Cheers,

It was definitely the same server? how long was the tent down before restart?

Do you have your Exp character ?

Wait for todays (possible) update.

Is it just me or does it seem like ammo spawning is kinda broken in this build. I don't find any .45 acp, .22, .357, or .380. All other ammo types that should spawn seem to be in abundance though. could just be my experience though

I have found .22 in wrecked uaz's

Do you have your Exp character ?

Wait for todays (possible) update.

Yeah character and all gear on Character survived the restart and works on the same server and others I have since joined.

Definitely the same server and im stood in the same spot.

Just really wanted to know whether it was worth logging as a bug, as I know other tents have survived restarts... I found someone elses and have been able to loot from it a few times... :D

Mine just disappeared, im thinking it was down for about 30 minutes before server restart if that makes any difference to how it logs it to the database and potentially the other issue is that when the server restarted, the tent was being accessed....

Hicks said it is on track for a release mid day tomorrow (Friday).

Thanks !

Just really wanted to know whether it was worth logging as a bug,

No, not at this time.

Cheers,

It appears that persistence has been disabled for experimental too, lost two tents full of gear last night after a restart, hopefully the hotfix today will bring it back.

• Like 3

It appears that persistence has been disabled for experimental too, lost two tents full of gear last night after a restart, hopefully the hotfix today will bring it back.

My tents are still there. Items inside aswell. DE 0-7

My tents are still there. Items inside aswell. DE 0-7

Hmm, maybe its just for some servers then, i was on SWE 0-4,

Wasn't just tents that didn't save either, all dropped items and buildings reset too.

Edited by Fluxley

I have not run across a tent yet on EXP, though I haven't logged many hours this week.  I did however run across someones stash they had accumulated near a dear stand.  It looked more like a trash heap.  I grabbed some food, a 1911 that was laying there and a couple other items.  Finding and raiding stashes is at the top of my list of things to do along with scouting for helicopter crash sites.

They are disabled too on the experimental branch.

Wrong.

They'll wipe experimental servers again next experimental patch, so there's really no need to try and "keep" our stuff on experimental anyway.

Right.

But untill we can have lotta fun with that feature.

alright, chances of smersh have been increased by 25% now that ctorchia shown a screeny of it. don't get too excited though. it maybe for the experminetal after this one

Edited by basinox

Does Anyone else keep throwing your weapons randomly ? is there anyway i can stop this from happening as its going to cost lives!!!