SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

+1 for melee hit protection being messed up, the fight I just had with a zed with a machete was ridiculous, always aiming for the head like in the past, maybe every 5th hit or so counts. You reaaallllyyy need to get as close to the zed as possible. Same with the hoe, only that it kills a zed with two hits, unlike the machete, my formerly most dear friend.

AND every zed hit damaged/ruined something on my body

AND every hit resulted in bleeding

AND the side movement speed is so low

=> Fighting zeds is somewhat a challenge, not because they kill you, but they destroy your gear. Zeds being a problem would be good if it were not for all the wrong reasons. At some point BI must manage to make the transition to where you actually feel like controlling your player. It is sooo clunky. And your char is sooo limited in movement, it's like embarassing to imagine you would be like that.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Good Job Devs, another truly broken patch!!

Well I think 3 months of good working patching is quiet a accomplishment in this stage of development.

tumblr_inline_n8kodhW5JI1s7babi.gif

The only thing I do take them responsible for is the massive framedrops that are occurring right now, because that one was already showing its nasty face last patch and could have been rooted out before this patch reached experimental...

On another note: I really have zero problems bashing zombie skulls in with the woodcutter axe., probably just me.

rmefxmEl.jpg

and look at this nice piece of civilian loot. It's good to see some new and intriguing civilian clothing again.

Edited by basinox
  • Like 1

You can freaking throw your gun now.. :D

skip to 4:50 for SKS-Javelin fun..

Edited by lrish
  • Like 4

Not a big fan of the new posture system. Now when you go crouch of raise your melee weapon, you automatically go at walking pace and have to sprint to run a 'normal' speed. used to be much better when you automatically ran at full pace and used your walk key when you want to go slower.

• Like 1

Not a big fan of the new posture system. Now when you go crouch of raise your melee weapon, you automatically go at walking pace and have to sprint to run a 'normal' speed. used to be much better when you automatically ran at full pace and used your walk key when you want to go slower.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13602

i agree, and made this feedback option for any who feel  it is a bad move

• Like 1

btw, you can now go into agressive stance without the space bar. One click with the lmb will do that, the second will attack. Haven't tested it with anything but a hammer, but I guess it will be the same. Interesting is, what will happen with a gun in your hand. will you shoot or put the gun up? But maybe this has been in for ages and I'm just making a fool of myself writing this...

Oh, I tried lowering the hammer with the rmb, did not work.

lmb will brig up the pistol and the rifle too

• Like 1

cant play for more than 5 min the game stop working dont know why...someone  else have this issue?

• Like 1

Okay I lied. I LOVE the new movement they added. I'm not being sarcastic. It's much better than what we have IF you do some simple rebinds. If you have a mouse with a few extra buttons like I do, then this is fairly easy. if you don't use a nearby key that you don't use already. Rebind your hold breath to Ctrl, Walk (hold) to a button you don't use or is on your mouse, Sprint to W + Shift. It fixes everything, literally.

What is status with FPS?

I get lower FPS with every new patch.

Before 0.47, Solnichniy 20-25, now i get 10-20, most time is 13-15FPS.

I actually dont care for new stuff like ragdoll and a couple of new animations, but where is fix for inventory color bug? Two exp and one stable patch and its still present.

Cant run from crouch position, still some rubberbanding and desync.

Need to press about twenty times a button on keyboard to player use an item in hand.

My frames have dropped as well, not to mention the constant 20+ seconds of freezing. But what I HAVE seen, has been improved on nicely.

Biggest issue I've had since the navmesh update is the 10-15 second freezes during game. Audio still works but the game will freeze. I've had this happen about 4 times in two different servers but both times happened near the NWAF. On a plus side the navmesh is pretty good for its initial trial run. We locked some zombies in the NWAF jails for disturbing the peace.

• Like 3

Okay I lied. I LOVE the new movement they added. I'm not being sarcastic. It's much better than what we have IF you do some simple rebinds. If you have a mouse with a few extra buttons like I do, then this is fairly easy. if you don't use a nearby key that you don't use already. Rebind your hold breath to Ctrl, Walk (hold) to a button you don't use or is on your mouse, Sprint to W + Shift. It fixes everything, literally.

lol, I already use rebinded keys and Ive never had an issue.. my hold breath is left ctrl which is a small button on my Nostromo that I use. Ive always read peoples comments on the new movements and thought, "its not that bad?" ..but now I know why! LOL.. :D

Also, word just in:

They (BIS) are 1 day away from testing persistent objects :D

skip to 11:00

http://www.twitch.tv/rocket2guns/b/546682177

Edited by lrish
  • Like 7

god punished you for your horrible tastes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you heathen, my God sprinkles pink petals as i walk in my iolet shoes!

Violet shoes.. what is not to like! (apart from the fact they kill you!)

Edited by MadTommy

thx man definitely gonna upvote this, such a counter-intuitive system :/

I down voted.

People seem unwilling to give systems a try, alter there key usage or give new ideas time.  

I also feel too may people want FPS twitch like controls, which is utter bullshit. Instant sprinting etc is not good for gameplay.

• Like 3

lol, I already use rebinded keys and Ive never had an issue.. my hold breath is left ctrl which is a small button on my Nostromo that I use. Ive always read peoples comments on the new movements and thought, "its not that bad?" ..but now I know why! LOL.. :D

Also, word just in:

They (BIS) are 1 day away from testing persistent objects :D

skip to 11:00

http://www.twitch.tv/rocket2guns/b/546682177

Sorry for probably sounding like a retard, but what does he mean with persistent objects? Basebuilding?

that or just freezing

the session lost trouble was all my own fault, think the freezing is caused by people joining the server

Had one 5 sec freez during gameplay. Similar freezing every time respawn clock is going down. Other then that no freezing in two hour session. Seems that some buildings hold zombies better then others. Some zombies didn't attack before you went right next to them. Doors really seem to block them now. But still coming through walls if they make the attack move and also push you thourgh the wall if you stand near it. But yei chemlights.

Sorry for probably sounding like a retard, but what does he mean with persistent objects? Basebuilding?

Possibly tents for gear storage.

• Like 1

With Rocket it could be anything from Fridges and cupboards, to backpacks saving on ground, to tents, to oh god any number of placeholders.. 

but I think its tents, fridges, etc.. 

• Like 1

I also feel too may people want FPS twitch like controls, which is utter bullshit. Instant sprinting etc is not good for gameplay.

I've come to terms with the new controls and like them for the most part, but I think it's ridiculous that "instant sprinting" is referred to a twitch control. The way I see it - we "instant sprint" in real life. No need to stand up from prone and then sprint because it's all one motion - one thought. The multiple speeds of prone can be kept with the current "walk" key - just as it's handled when standing. Then the sprint key will do what it's supposed to do - sprint. Works great when diving to and from cover and is just more fluid overall. I don't know why fluid controls make it a twitch shooter - the game could certainly loose a little clunk (and for the most part it's gone in that direction).

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

With Rocket it could be anything from Fridges and cupboards, to backpacks saving on ground, to tents, to oh god any number of placeholders.. 

but I think its tents, fridges, etc.. 

backpacks>Fridges>tents. If they follow their original plan.

• Like 1

Persistent  could mean that anything you drop on the ground is still there after a server restart. Good for not relogging without pants or backpacks.

Edited by Agilov

Persistent  could mean that anything you drop on the ground is still there after a server restart.

Yes but that would in the end clutter the server, imagine hundreds of cans littering the landscape after a few weeks. So I would expect only certain "containers" and their contents and stuff like vehicles and barricades will be treated as persistent.