SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

I like the slowed down controls for improving CQB but it really needs to be more streamlined if it's going to stay like that.

1. Hitting "raise weapon toggle" needs to always toggle your weapon without having to stop "moving fast" first

2. If you have weapon lowered and go to "optics" directly it always have to remember that when you go out of optics so it puts the weapon down to lowered again. Now it's 50/50 if it stays raised or not.

And for the ragdoll it's no where near the stage for public testing yet. It has to be put on the server to track where a body falls. Looting anything on the current experimental is infuriating to say the least.

Edited by gremmel
  • Like 1

Creeping about Svetlo during the night. It's pretty dark, using the torch to see and switching to machete to kill what few zombies I passed.

Everything was going well until I heard some footsteps in a building. I pointed my flashlight at it and shouted out asking who was there and announcing that I only had a machete and that I am friendly. After no answer and hearing more footsteps I decided to go in. Creeping in through the front door, I turned into the first room on my right and was greeting by a zombie shuffling about making the footsteps! Panic over.

I relaxed again instantly and walked back out the door as the zombie didn't even look at me when all of a sudden I hear the loudest noise ever since the Standalone came out. A huge explosion! Followed by two or three more. I jumped more than I ever did playing through the whole of Amnesia!

Again, I shouted out in direct chat to see if it was someone playing with grenades but no answer and no sight of anyone after wandering about for another half hour.

I'm not sure if this is just a new glitch for 0.47 or someone was messing with me. If it's a glitch then I hope to god they fix it as it scared the hell out of me and is a shame if random explosions are now gonna be part of the ever annoying additional fake sounds we always hear.

Have also of other people heard this? I read mention of something like this up near Svetlo previously and I'm sure people were talking as if it's coming from some kind of mine or quarry.

Found some new animations?!

F8: facepalm?

F9: cut throat with thumb

F10: pscht!

Actually, F10 is "shh" :)

Cooking on gas not working properly. goes directly from raw to burned

raw ---> burned

with fireplace works fine

raw ---> cooked ---> burned. 

damn it.

ist been this way since some patches. i take the gasecooker for heating up the meat and the fireplace for finishing it and make it cooked!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is just a new glitch for 0.47 or someone was messing with me. If it's a glitch then I hope to god they fix it as it scared the hell out of me and is a shame if random explosions are now gonna be part of the ever annoying additional fake sounds we always hear.

Have also of other people heard this? I read mention of something like this up near Svetlo previously and I'm sure people were talking as if it's coming from some kind of mine or quarry.

I think it was the gasstation at svetlo, you hear that even from the neaf east sniper hill. It was mentioned before in different discussions, if a gas station is blown up, I think everyone that logs in in the area or runs into the area triggers the effect again - another explosion. At least that's how I understood it. It is definitely NOT new, has been there for a while.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

I like the slowed down controls for improving CQB but it really needs to be more streamlined if it's going to stay like that.

1. Hitting "raise weapon toggle" needs to always toggle your weapon without having to stop "moving fast" first

2. If you have weapon lowered and go to "optics" directly it always have to remember that when you go out of optics so it puts the weapon down to lowered again. Now it's 50/50 if it stays raised or not.

I've not tried this experimental patch yet but I find it always works for me on .46 even if I'm running and press spacebar my guy will raise his weapon when I stop. Same with optics.

Actually, F10 is "shh" :)

Actually, I'm from germany and we say "pscht!" here...  ^_^  See it as an aggravated version of "shh!" ;)  

Actually, I'm from germany and we say "pscht!" here...  ^_^  See it as an aggravated version of "shh!" ;)  

Actually, i think it's pronounced "pscht (1-7)!" in Germany.

Actually, i think it's pronounced "pscht (1-7)!" in Germany.

Are you refering to soccer?  :lol: ok... back to topic.

Edited by Agilov

After some hours on this experimental patch i found 2 mayor problems:

1. random lag in server near full, place where i play is novo, but i don't suffer this problem if i play in stable.

2. If i kill a player on a hill, the body will run down the hill and become bugged.

I am ready to record the new undocumented

Bring it on!

Edited by basinox

It's not pushed to experimental yet, it's pushed in preperation.

Internalbuild - expprep - exp - stableprep - stable

Edited by Guest

Yes, it helps to read my post.  :)

"We might be due for a big experimental update soon."

• Like 1

Yes, it helps to read my post.  :)

It might help to be understanding. :)

Some people are trying to read a piece of toast to get across what you said on this forum and/or just perhaps their cell phone that is reflecting the power of the sun straight into their eyes is making it tough to read. 

It might help to be understanding. :)

Some people are trying to read a piece of toast to get across what you said on this forum and/or just perhaps their cell phone that is reflecting the power of the sun straight into their eyes is making it tough to read. 

Indeed, my bad. I should be more sensitive to the vision impared.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1

Indeed, my bad. I should be more sensitive to the vision impared.

how+the...+but+it+s+not+_82b084fa3895034

What exactly are you trying to say?

• Like 3

Okay did they seriously remove Mosin spawns?

I've been in 12 towns with piano house and police stations on low pop, exp servers and been looking through every single piano and police station.

Can't find it

W. T F.. ???????

Edited by ManInTheWall

I've been in 12 towns with piano house and police stations on low pop, exp servers and been looking through every single piano and police station.

Can't find it

W. T F.. ???????

Nope, you're just having a bad luck streak. I found 3 in berezino last night, keep looking.

• Like 2

Can't find it

W. T F.. ???????

tumblr_inline_n8gimy2fos1s7babi.gif

actually they are just all claimed by the armies of survivors that came before you,  low population usually means that they server is picked clean. They do spawn though.

Try going to the south west.

tumblr_inline_n8gimy2fos1s7babi.gif

actually they are just all claimed by the armies of survivors that came before you,  low population usually means that they server is picked clean. They do spawn though.

Try going to the south west.

They must do the same as me, close every single door behind them.

Well, I am only in the north east for the action

They must do the same as me, close every single door behind them.

Well, I am only in the north east for the action

I am paranoid.... i close every door I open and leave open every door I find that way.

I have DayZ OCD.

I open and close each door the same amount of times as many doors are on that building. 

PcFS0.gif

wtf is going on there are zombies everywhere

• Like 2