boneboys

Stable - 0.46 Discussion

why a gas mask should protect you?

flashbangs works with a loud sound and sudden light.

Because a gas mask also protects your eyes.

Game is totally fucked up.

1.Crashes whenever I join a server

2.Resolution fucked up, cannot fix as game still thinks I'm in my native resolution for some reason

3.Server list behaving oddly, different servers showing up everytime I hit refresh

Have the same problem. Game crashed then F-ups the settings. Happened 3 times last night.

BAD desync issues.

+ a lot of other bugs

I had to double check that I was on a "stable" server. Horrible

So can i say that the servers that does not retrieve your character's last gears are semi-private servers (most have funny names) as they are unable to connect to the hive?? Tx in advance y'all for any reply.

Has anyone else noticed that the Gorka camo suits don't show the actual camouflage on the mid-long distance LOD textures? It just seems to show up as a kind of shiny khaki green?

They also still seem to be slightly light reflecting especially compared to the TTSKO uniform set or hunter pants.

Please tell me its not just me that notices these things. ;)

So whats the deal with heli crash sites? I've been to 8 of them before hopping off and consulting with some friends and twitch streamers. All say crash sites in stable are bugged atm. Is this true? are crash sites the only place to find M4 attachments, mags and ammo?

My current character has been alive for sometime and I've grown quite fond of my M4. Had several run ins with unfriendlies at Novo and a major desync/ghost zed that was tearing me apart. Ended up ruining my high cap vest, jacket and left all but one mag ruined. Currently running around with a full 30 mag and 23 rounds. Had a sawed off too but upon switching servers it was no longer in my inventory... Had it for along time and hadn't dropped it or used it before logging... So not sure why that happened. Shortly after I found a MP5 so as long as I find a mag we're even. A flashbang would earn ya some brownie points too.

p.s. First post! *cherry pop*

Loving the SA and I'm giddy to see where it goes from here. Predators (wolves, bears), barricades and most of all the steam workshop! Will mods like Epoch, Overwatch, Overpoch, and Origins to name a few have a easier time? Or more support? Also where are the ghillies?! NVGs and ghillies please!

we cannot logged into the server this 1 IP. 2 computers in 1 room, 2 different account in Steam. If 1 player on server, second player cant logging at this server.

Have you guys also beeing able to keep your secondary primary weapon "hidden" but seen in your inventory?

I had it in my hands when logged out, and the next day i logged in I first thought it was gone. But like i said above i saw it in my inventory. Same for you? :)

Sorry for bad english, both hangover and typing from phone :P ...

Because a gas mask also protects your eyes.

Yeah from gas not light, the glass isn't shaded the brightness might be dulled by like 1% or something but it would still mess you up.

HOLY SHIT will shades actually help against them? That would be awesome, I refuse to wander without designer shades or aviators as it is imagine they actually did something...

Does anyone know if online maps are updated with all the heli-crash sites? I found one on my own ages ago but it seems to have been moved, I want to check out an M4 or get a clip for my AKM. Ammo box would be lovely too.

EDIT I'm also getting a weird option with SKS's and Mosin's.

Using the mouse wheel I can reload ammo as though I've got a clip. With a Mosin I had 4 rounds in it and did this reload thing, all it did was make 3 rounds disappear...

It doesn't always give me the option though which is odd.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

Ok, so I've been to 11 of the 14 heli crash locations listed here: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-chernarus-plus-map/ 

No dice. Gotta find them heli's on stable. 

Also experienced the same bug for a second time.

If i have a gun in my backpack and i get disconnected from a server due to restart (crash too I assume) it deletes said weapon. Even when I haven't dropped or equip it prior. Happened with a sawed off yesterday, then with a mp5 today. Also had my reddot sight on it.... 

Yeah from gas not light, the glass isn't shaded the brightness might be dulled by like 1% or something but it would still mess you up.

HOLY SHIT will shades actually help against them? That would be awesome, I refuse to wander without designer shades or aviators as it is imagine they actually did something...

No way you normal shades will be able to block off light from flash bang grenade. Way to intense, you'd need welding mask 

• Like 1

No way you normal shades will be able to block off light from flash bang grenade. Way to intense, you'd need welding mask 

+1. Close / cover eyes and cover ears are the only protection against them.

If only though...

I think it's more the bang that gets you than the flash though it's not too blinding but the bang deafens you easily, not sure how that does much in game really since obviously you won't actually be disorientated.

so with .45 i ve noticed, that hacked ammo disappeared, even if it was 60 rounds and you tried to load it into a stanag or tried to split t he ammo. with the message on the bottom "<3". 

with .46 i ve noticed a very big ammount of hacked m4`s with unlimited ammo again... nearly every guy with a m4 who got killed by me had unlimited ammo in his magazine.

The Ammo also doesnt disappear anymore when you split it, even not the 60 rounds stacks.

idk why they removed the code for it again...

Edited by newguyzombie

Have you guys also beeing able to keep your secondary primary weapon "hidden" but seen in your inventory?

I had it in my hands when logged out, and the next day i logged in I first thought it was gone. But like i said above i saw it in my inventory. Same for you? :)

Sorry for bad english, both hangover and typing from phone :P ...

Yes, this is how it works, if you take something else into your hands it will drop the one showing in your inventory to the ground where you can pick it up again.

Your English is fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Okay, so while everybody seems to have some bugs/odd problems, here´s my view of it/my experience so far:

Not a single Bug found in the new build. Hotkeys work everytime, I can use a melee weapon/firearm everytime...I don´t know what you guys do or did, but I have just one single problem: the game crashes when I quit it. That´s all. :|

I just want to know if someone else have problem since the latest stable release? My game is constantly crashing after 20min. - at first the game stutters a little, than the game freeze and crash back to desktop. Message: "DAYZ HAS STOPPED WORKING"

wCvEI4p.jpg

my machine:

intel core i7 8GB DDRAM Gforce Nvidia 680M Windows7 Ultimate 32bit

OK guys - some would say, my machine is not the best for dayz. BUT I always plays on 1240x resolution without porblems - SINCE 0.46 release its unplayable.

I also tried to rollback my nvidia driver to 331.22 - deinstalled nvidia experience & so on - nothing helped. I think its not driver related...?

Some have the same problem? - Or can post me a hint for fixing?

thanks

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Yes, this is how it works, if you take something else into your hands it will drop the one showing in your inventory to the ground where you can pick it up again.

Your English is fantastic! :thumbsup:

I believe he means that he had a primary rifle on his back and a rifle in his hands when he logged out. When he logged in nothing was in his hands but both rifles were in his inventory. The primary at top and the "held" one at the very bottom of inventory screen. You then drag that back to hands. This is common and it's happened to me on occasion.

Same for you? ...

Yes. This is common.

I believe he means that he had a primary rifle on his back and a rifle in his hands when he logged out. When he logged in nothing was in his hands but both rifles were in his inventory. The primary at top and the "held" one at the very bottom of inventory screen. You then drag that back to hands. This is common and it's happened to me on occasion.

That is what I understood and as I explained, when you select from your quick select bar or something else from your inventory into your hands the second primary will drop to the ground. Making the point that if it disappears, then it has dropped to the ground and can sometimes travel in mysterious funky ways to the next floor inside buildings. 

I just want to know if someone else have problem since the latest stable release? My game is constantly crashing after 20min. - at first the game stutters a little, than the game freeze and crash back to desktop. Message: "DAYZ HAS STOPPED WORKING"

*PICTURE*

my machine:

OK guys - some would say, my machine is not the best for dayz. BUT I always plays on 1240x resolution without porblems - SINCE 0.46 release its unplayable.

I also tried to rollback my nvidia driver to 331.22 - deinstalled nvidia experience & so on - nothing helped. I think its not driver related...?

Some have the same problem? - Or can post me a hint for fixing?

thanks

My game does not crash, just when I quit it.

Since the new Nvidia river is out a have some more slowdowns, though. Never had less than at least 30 FPS, never. Now I sometimes got some slowdowns, jut for a second. Got no fix for it, sorry :/

That is what I understood and as I explained, when you select from your quick select bar or something else from your inventory into your hands the second primary will drop to the ground. Making the point that if it disappears, then it has dropped to the ground and can sometimes travel in mysterious funky ways to the next floor inside buildings.

Then you entirely misunderstood both his post and mine.

Weapon IN HANDS when log out. THAT weapon at BOTTOM of inventory and PRIMARY weapon on back upon LOGIN.

Nothing to do with dropping weapon from hands when equipping another item to hands.

• Like 1

Then you entirely misunderstood both his post and mine.

Weapon IN HANDS when log out. THAT weapon at BOTTOM of inventory and PRIMARY weapon on back upon LOGIN.

Nothing to do with dropping weapon from hands when equipping another item to hands.

AW Now I get it, thanks MarchHare  :)

• Like 1

My game does not crash, just when I quit it.

Since the new Nvidia river is out a have some more slowdowns, though. Never had less than at least 30 FPS, never. Now I sometimes got some slowdowns, jut for a second. Got no fix for it, sorry :/

thank you for info man!!... :(

game still crashes on Exit (nvidia 660, i5 4670k, win7 64bit)

Controller and joystick support still broken (not in devices)

Loosing random items from backpack on Joining servers (seems to happen when carrying a sawn off, lost a yellow box, green ammo box, and first aid kit on seperate logins)

Just out of interest and completely offtopic, but: why?

• Like 1