Sign in to follow this  
Kal_Zakath

Something should be done about damage you can take

I was behind a tree trying to cover myself from a guy a couple of meters infront. It seems that my arm was visible cause he shot twice into my arm.

Immediately the message came "I think my arm is broken" and "my arm is in pain" and my character was unconcious and dead. All in a few milliseconds.

Seriously? Since when do people instantly die because they get shot in the arm?

Broken arm - ok

bleeding - definitely ok

there could even be a shock sometimes (although high adrenalin would actually work so you don't slip into shock. that would happen later)

but immediate death because of a bullet in my arm?  Common....

I think the way you take damage should be reworked :/

I was behind a tree trying to cover myself from a guy a couple of meters infront. It seems that my arm was visible cause he shot twice into my arm.

Immediately the message came "I think my arm is broken" and "my arm is in pain" and my character was unconcious and dead. All in a few milliseconds.

Broken arm - ok

bleeding - definitely ok

there could even be a shock sometimes (although high adrenalin would actually work so you don't slip into shock. that would happen later)

but immediate death because of a bullet in my arm?  Common....

I think the way you take damage should be reworked :/

So you are absolutely 100% positive that you were only hit in the arm?

Now let me ask.. with this being a video game.. How in the world can you be certain of anything?

• Like 3

Well I only got messages concerning my arm, nothing else. And the way I was behind the tree the only thing that could have been visible were my backpack and my arm.

As shooting the side of my backpack shouldn't kill me, I suppose it must have been my arm ;)

A round can hit the arm, ricochet and exit through your chest. Would that be classed as dying from a shot in the arm?

Yeah sure....that's the usual way for a bullet to fly -.-   troll someone else please

Well I only got messages concerning my arm, nothing else. And the way I was behind the tree the only thing that could have been visible were my backpack and my arm.

As shooting the side of my backpack shouldn't kill me, I suppose it must have been my arm ;)

Yeah sure....that's the usual way for a bullet to fly -.-   troll someone else please

I'm being deadly serious mate, whether you choose to believe me or not is your decision lol.

• Like 2

A while ago I finished someone off by shooting their foot. I had hit him once in the torso then he bandaged out of sight but his foot was just slightly sticking out.

A while ago I finished someone off by shooting their foot. I had hit him once in the torso then he bandaged out of sight but his foot was just slightly sticking out.

yeah did that on rooftops of those highrise buildings.

You can shoot a backpack and have it take damage. Also, what you see is not what the other player sees.

Angles are odd like that. 

the only damage I'm not okay with is damage from zombies that are 2 floors below me.  that's a real "f**k this game" moment.

Which is kinda odd and shouldn't be possible^^  shooting his foot should result in him having maybe the same effect like a broken leg, but you shouldn't die.

I think devs need to work on that once they have time

You can shoot a backpack and have it take damage. Also, what you see is not what the other player sees.

Angles are odd like that. 

I know, I once ruined a backpack and all the stuff in it when I killed someone from behind. But shooting the side of the backpack should only ruin it and not your body^^

Edited by Kal_Zakath

OP, there are builds that completely block everything but blood/shock damage so you take 10 hits to kill with 5.56x45, 9 with 7.62x39 and 7 with 7.62x51. Trust me, it's a thing.

There's also ricochet. I was testing what would happen if you shot someone in the gun. I shot a friend's nugget once and he got killed instantly with his pants getting ruined. 

Hands are the only thing can't be broken in the game...still have to see ruined gloves around.

good job Dean! Keep it up this way!

A round can hit the arm, ricochet and exit through your chest. Would that be classed as dying from a shot in the arm?

Bullets don't ricochet inside arms... 

You must mean bullets penetrating an arm from the side and passing through to the chest

• Like 1

Instead of posting dozens of posts arguing, it would be better to actually test it in game. Come to your friend as a freshspawn, ask him to shoot you in the arm a couple of times. Problem solved.

Instead of posting dozens of posts arguing, it would be better to actually test it in game. Come to your friend as a freshspawn, ask him to shoot you in the arm a couple of times. Problem solved.

I've had the same experience a few days ago. I shot some guy point blank with my mosin, he panic fired his SKS way off target. Eventually he hit me once in the arm and I instantly died, then he died. It was as close as you can possibility get to someone else (my mosin was actually touching his chest upon firing). I saw he aimed next to me, then ended up aiming at my arm after missing 3 times. 

OT: an arm shot with bone shattering should induce loss of consciousness due to shock and bleeding. No such thing as death.

Edited by The End.

Bullets don't ricochet inside arms... 

You must mean bullets penetrating an arm from the side and passing through to the chest

No, I mean a round hitting the bone in the upper part of your arm could easily lead to some sort of ricochet that could exit through your back or chest.

No, I mean a round hitting the bone in the upper part of your arm could easily lead to some sort of ricochet that could exit through your back or chest.

Not in any angle even close to the one it'll need to enter the chest. That's IF it even ricochets. It won't ricochet much further than an angle of 5-8 degrees. 

Edited by The End.

Only if you believe in FBI stories about JFK`s death

Edited by GrumpyFragger
  • Like 1

The game works on HP, doesn't matter where you get shot, you lose HP. There's no better way of doing it so get used to arm shots being fatal.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how do you know the second shot didn't hit you in the head or torso?

All I want to know, is how does 3 pistol rounds to a player's face equal ruined gear?

All I want to know, is how does 3 pistol rounds to a player's face equal ruined gear?

Brains, skull and blood will def "ruin" your clothes.

For me it's more the damage that some of my gear takes and less the damage that I take... I had a zombie attack me once who ruined my backpack. Half of the stuff in the backpack was ruined too now, including a machete and a protective case. In the protective case there was now ruined cans of food. I mean seriously, how the hell does a zombie manage to ruin canned food in a protective case in a backpack???

• Like 1

The game works on HP, doesn't matter where you get shot, you lose HP. There's no better way of doing it so get used to arm shots being fatal.

Oh that's bad, good to know though^^

What I don't understand is how do you know the second shot didn't hit you in the head or torso?

Because he shot twice right after another without time for aiming at another point between the shots.