iSauce

Medicine

i know the morphine, epi-pen and the charcoal tabs works but wht about the rest?

i know the morphine, epi-pen and the charcoal tabs works but wht about the rest?

Drink the disinfectant spray 

• Like 2

why is that even an option......

Because sometimes, You just have to say " Fuck it, I'm drinking the bleach. "

• Like 3

Simple. In the wilderness with no means to get your broken legs fixed, then it is a viable option. Also, in the most recent zed apocalypse, suicide was a favorite option for approximate 22% of the populace. 

i just want to know which medicine works don't be a fool kid

Suicide. ;)

On to the topic..

Add Alcohol tincture to rags to improve them to worn status. This currently does nothing, but later there will be infections to some degree you can count on that. 

Blood bags, and saline bags are great tools for medics but can only be used on others. You can even "steal" blood from live players. If you ever see a geared player, and your looting him and see he had a saline or blood bag IV on him.. good chance he was a good guy ;) Splints, morphine are necessities in DayZ. Same with rags. Medicine is there and for the most part fleshed out, but things will be added like infection that will use the full range of medicinal tools available. 

Edited by lrish

Suicide. ;)

On to the topic..

Add Alcohol tincture to rags to improve them to worn status. This currently does nothing, but later there will be infections to some degree you can count on that. 

Blood bags, and saline bags are great tools for medics but can only be used on others. You can even "steal" blood from live players. If you ever see a geared player, and your looting him and see he had a saline or blood bag IV on him.. good chance he was a good guy ;) Splints, morphine are necessities in DayZ. Same with rags. Medicine is there and for the most part fleshed out, but things will be added like infection that will use the full range of medicinal tools available. 

thx u brah =]

Because sometimes, You just have to say " Fuck it, I'm drinking the bleach. "

Been down that road more times than I'd like to admit, its become humbling.

Watch it. Be nice.

it said in the 0.45 patch notes "Salmonellosis is cureable with antibiotics" soon....i put antivirals in syringe,but i wont let me inject to me or other players. Hopefully they will add diseases soon.

Not sure about vitamins but they should be working sometime soon here its just a matter of when and how they work.

Hopefully not long until you can perform surgery to extract bullets, cauterise bleeding wounds etc.

Hopefully not long until you can perform surgery to extract bullets, cauterise bleeding wounds etc.

Would be cool but there should be a higher risk of injuring yourself if you go to perform said surgery.

Not sure about vitamins but they should be working sometime soon here its just a matter of when and how they work.

I was just taking them to see if they did anything, huh.

I was just taking them to see if they did anything, huh.

Well they are supplement vitamins i thought. So maybe to help strengthen immune system from future colds and stuff like that. Who knows though until the use actually gets worked in.

Any updates on this now? 

I mean painkillers, vitamins, and so on useful to some purpose?

I've read that vitamins can be used to reduce the duration of "sickness" effects but I haven't tested it and don't know if it's just speculation.

"sigh"

NO NO NO NO

Are you a trained doctor? If not, enjoy killing/crippling your patient whenever you try to do invasive body surgery. You are going to fuck up the nerves if you try to dig inside someone for bullet fragments (it happens in modern medicine all the time) [why would you remove it if you didn't have to? Bullet fragments are essentially sterile due to heat, and most of the time, they will go through you), and cauterization, with a couple of exceptions, fell out of favor sometime around the 1800s. If they are bleeding on the surface, use pressure, or a tourniquet, and suture when stable. Burning a wound shut will kill someone VERY QUICKLY through shock alone.

Speaking of shock, I wish there were more symptoms implemented in the game. Right now there is only really one: messed up vision (blurry and eventually greyscale) There could be SO MUCH MORE to involve this: from trembling, vomiting, loss of conscious motor functions, etc.

Don't want to deal with the issues arising from getting shot (broken limbs, wound channels, internal bleeding, shock)? Don't get shot in the first place. Either overwhelm from ambush, or retreat and engage from a more fortuitous position.