Sign in to follow this  
svisketyggeren

1st person cameraview is to low

Except the camera is set higher in those, not in my neck.

Halo and cod have the bullets come out of the character foreheads.

This is worse since we can all remember getting killed by a player that only the very top of his head is exposed.

I like playing in 1pp but the problem I have with it and I really hope this gets changed is you cant look around independent of moving. I know you can unlock the camera but with the camera unlocked you cant control the direction you are moving. They should both be totally independent of each other. Characters should be able to walk and change direction at the same time looking around like in real life. That is the problem with 1pp your ability to look around is totally hindered. Its makes it hard to view your surroundings and totally inhibits you awareness. It is a major limitation. 3rd person sort of makes up for this and gives you better awareness of your surroundings but it is also unrealistic since you can look over walls etc. Looking and walking should be totally independent of each other. Characters should be able to look around in any direction while at the same time moving in any direction. In real life a person in a Dayz situation would constantly be looking around like their head was on a swivel while at the same time steadily moving around in different directions.  

Actually hardcore server are kinda like being a manlet simulator :D

I found myself walking with he ducked after long hardcore sessions...its....odd

Camera view is low because of the gun sights.

Nah the iron sights have their own camera location.

I like playing in 1pp but the problem I have with it and I really hope this gets changed is you cant look around independent of moving. I know you can unlock the camera but with the camera unlocked you cant control the direction you are moving. They should both be totally independent of each other.

TrackIR... what other kind of control scheme would you propose? I just bound freelook to my side mouse button and it works fine.

I like playing in 1pp but the problem I have with it and I really hope this gets changed is you cant look around independent of moving. I know you can unlock the camera but with the camera unlocked you cant control the direction you are moving. They should both be totally independent of each other. Characters should be able to walk and change direction at the same time looking around like in real life. That is the problem with 1pp your ability to look around is totally hindered. Its makes it hard to view your surroundings and totally inhibits you awareness. It is a major limitation. 3rd person sort of makes up for this and gives you better awareness of your surroundings but it is also unrealistic since you can look over walls etc. Looking and walking should be totally independent of each other. Characters should be able to look around in any direction while at the same time moving in any direction. In real life a person in a Dayz situation would constantly be looking around like their head was on a swivel while at the same time steadily moving around in different directions.  

Track IR will allow you to do that however, is holding down the alt key really that much of an issue? I use the Alt key all the time it's second nature now and you don't need to be turning your body at the same time you're turning your head. Most people also look where they are walking, let alone sprinting - nobody turns there head to look all around when they are sprinting.

Of course this is exactly the same in 3rd person, you can't see all around and the FOV is no bigger than in 1st person so you have exactly the same view problems only this time you can see ur av and over things.

This is not an argument not to use 1pp.

• Like 1