Sign in to follow this  
MLG420blazeit

The sun... so OTT, needs toning down.

I  might be going mental but did they not tone it down a good few patches back but it seemed to be reverted in a more recent branch. Have clear memories of logging in to check out a new patch and noticing that the sun was back to it's old glaring ways

Sun isn't always going supernova. It's dependant on weather and time of day. Sometimes when it's high noon, yeah the sun's ok, but other times. nope

I don't find it bad. When you have the sun near the horizon on a clear day it will screw up your vision. Sunglasses do need to be implemented, however only in 1PP. In the morning drives some days in the Winter the morning glare from the sun as you come around a bend can be utterly blinding without a visor. Beware the hun in the sun.

Wow, so many people never saw the sun irl. Where do you live guys, Saint-Petersburg? Or on another planet perhaps?

Yes it does not look 100% accurate because of the godrays, but I find that the sun gives me much more trouble IRL that in DayZ. Try going outside once in a while ffs.

Low level sun is bright and makes it difficult to see and I really like it! :)  Low level sun is really hard to see in real life as well, so you put shades on or something.  Later down the line when they develop sunglasses, this will be great for this as another tool for certain situations.

Low level sun is bright and makes it difficult to see and I really like it! :)  Low level sun is really hard to see in real life as well, so you put shades on or something.  Later down the line when they develop sunglasses, this will be great for this as another tool for certain situations.

You can use it for PvP adventage I guess.

This one is perfectly natural and acceptable tbh.

Thats how i see the sun most of the time, but i will agree the rays are abit crazy at times, especially if you cant see the sun directly.

Sun isn't always going supernova. It's dependant on weather and time of day. Sometimes when it's high noon, yeah the sun's ok, but other times. nope

Agreed, it need some fine tuning, but as far as a sunny fall day, its spot on atm.
Just need to tweak it for the rain, overcast and thunderstorms (hopefully lol)

i posted about it day one.

lighting in arma games has always been bad.

All i ever see you post is these one liner "i was right all along" bullshit posts dude.

So what if you posted it on day one? Its not like you will get an award or a medal or anything.

Grow a pair, write something contructive and usefull and join the discussion, because this is just sad to look at.

Edited by Byrgesen

You really, really need the sunglasses (and other headgear) to be implemented properly in Hardcore mode.

That said I use the sunshine as an advantage when tracking other players, and will loop around to make sure I have the sun on my back before engaging.

At least the sun doesn't mess with brightness. That was the no. 1 immersion killer for me in A2.

Edited by St. Jimmy

At least the sun doesn't mess with brightness. That was the no. 1 immersion killer for me in A2.

The HDR was so out of whack in Arma 2...

Hello there

I find it an interesting art/design decision.

Plus it adds a tactical element to the game. Keeping the sun behind you is an old trick but works in DAYZ.

A2's lighting environment was flawed as if you looked at the floor then at thge horizon you could be almost blinded.

DAYZ's fine for me as it is but I do expect it will be tweaked as we move along the dev process especially with the upcoming renderer changes.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Yeah its far to bright you basically cant see where you are going running in some directions.

I've personally never had a problem with DayZ's sun.

Have you guys ever tried staring at the sun IRL..? It's much easier to do in DayZ lol

Godrays probably could use some tweaking though.

If they left it as is come release day I wouldn't have a problem with it.

My only problem regarding this is that the sun and light sources make the screen black. If I look at the sun irl I don't see black, I just see too much white. Also, during the day or evening I won't see pitch black if I look directly at a gas lamp or camp fire.

It actually does on a very specific time of day + weather setting..

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280057505967132896/E78DC9C491C8CA88C844D5D84072BE13D9294C1E/

Time was around 14:00-15:00 and fairly cloudy but nothing that would make it seem like night. If you look at the ground it would be fine, but as soon as you even have a little bit of sky on your screen it would turn to that.

I don't think it's too bright.

Yes when you're inside a hagner e.g. and look outside, the outside shines bright as a fuckin laser beam right in your face. But only for a short moment.

Go outside on a sunny day and look straight in the sun.

No, don't, you can hurt your eyes!

You can walk towards the sun and when you're not looking directly into it, you can still see. Less good but you do - but that's just how it is.

So, yes, we need (working) sunglasses. But if we get em, they should not just stop the sunbeams. They will lower them and make everything darker (surprise!) ...

Oh and btw - even with sunglasses you can't see shit when looking right in the sun!

It actually does on a very specific time of day + weather setting..

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280057505967132896/E78DC9C491C8CA88C844D5D84072BE13D9294C1E/

Time was around 14:00-15:00 and fairly cloudy but nothing that would make it seem like night. If you look at the ground it would be fine, but as soon as you even have a little bit of sky on your screen it would turn to that.

OK that must be a bug hahaha :lol: