Sign in to follow this  
billymckendrick

"Safe" zones

If the world went to shit and a zombie apocalypse broke out the community would probably try to create some kind of safe zone.

These safe zones don't spawn zombies in and only have food and medical spawns in and will either be bandit controlled or hero controlled. Pvp will not be turned off inside here.

In the centre there could be a radio tower which works which will allow the user to broadcast a message out to walkie talkies on a certain frequency. This will be used to let people know heroes are there or bandits could use it to bait people there.

Heroes can go there and take in people, give them shelter, heal them up and generally help them out.

Bandits can go there and spray down the heroes who try to achieve a safe zone.

It will give the game some purpose as they're may be huge hero v bandit battles (v v far fetched but its a game) to see who can control this area and it will allow more interaction between players and maybe future role play purposes.

It may end up as a massive bloodbath arena but its just a suggestion:)

Edited by billymckendrick

I've never really liked this kind of idea.

If people actually tried using these there would just be KoSers camping everywhere outside of the zone.

If people are too scared to go there it would be dead.

I dont like this. I would say it went more like we are those survivors who try to make those safe zones. Maybe in future that is possible.

• Like 2

If the world went to shit and a zombie apocalypse broke out the community would probably try to create some kind of safe zone.

If this would ever happen, it would have come from the community itself, people who clear out areas, keep them save themselves.

Also predefined areas with no spawning and killing locked, etc... will never happen as it goes against what Dayz stands for, a do whatever you want and how you want environment. So as mentioned above, if you want a safe area, you have to make a safe area.

And I can guarantee you, if such an area would exists (a predefined safe spot), murderers (not bandits, bandits steal and don't kill) will be camping about 150 to 200 meters away with a scoped mosen ready to kill.

What do you say then make that area inaccessible for shooting to? Well then the problem just moves 200m further and there will be campers there. In the end you end up with the whole map locked down.

If you understand my point here.

• Like 1

You can do, noone will hold you back. If you find a big enough group to block a place off, do it.

If you don't - it's not going to happen and the Dev's won't force it. It will take your effort to do it, noone else will do it for you.

• Like 9

You can do, noone will hold you back. If you find a big enough group to block a place off, do it.

If you don't - it's not going to happen and the Dev's won't force it. It will take your effort to do it, noone else will do it for you.

This, so much this. The game "allows" your suggestion to happen without forcing it and when base building is introduced (afaik) ZOmbies won't spawn inside of it.

little suggestion from my side.

little trading zone / peaceful zone  :thumbsup:

2 -3 not more in protected camps or barricade zones in one or two towns.  with sight protection from outside protected against Snipers pvp killers.

( when you go outside from the peaceful live zones  maybe 5 second kill protection -  against the waiting children out there to kill you )

inside trading npc and guard nps (with nice ambiance,   not only stupid a standing trader npc - maby a tent and tables with the loot etc. 

no funktional weapons inside -  a meeting place for the peaceful people as a counterweight to the stupid kill outside

a little market stalls , place for save sleep for money etc.

place for selling loot meet and save sleep ^^ to entertain and talk and to meet new people who would kill you outside - out of pure fear

Ammo as money

a ammo based money system and item to item barter;) ( metro like ^^ ) 

zombis 

what i will see in the game are zombis in the rooms too 

- sitting on chairs and lying in bed -  maby dead in in 50% the live and will go hunt you when you come inside the room ^^ -  little shocking moments   is he dead or not  ;)

more dead bodys in the towns or the land -

hanging on trees 

lying dead on the street

a couple lying dead in the bed 

over the fence hanging

sit dead in his car  

and so many more  for the immersion - dead player or not I'm alone or was here a fight  --  good for the adrenalin junkies :D 

• Like 1

There's already a safe zone.

You know you're there when the screen goes black and says "You are dead.".

• Like 1

I think you should be able to find safezones... that have been overrun. People would obviously try to hole themselves up to last out the zombie apocalypse, but the rule of thumb in dayz is generally "no NPCs". I think you should be able to find overrun safezones or shelters in the towns, where survivors gathered up food and weapons, but were eventually killed. Some good medium value loot could be there, and it would help add a bit of backstory.

Right now it seems like all that the zombie apocalypse did is break a few windows and knock over everyone's chairs, Chernarus should look a bit more battle-scarred if you ask me, not over-done, but a little bit more.

How about you just use one of the existing castles as a "safe" zone.

Get some of your "hero" buddies and post up in it, advertise that on your server X Castle is a safe area.

I've never really liked this kind of idea.

If people actually tried using these there would just be KoSers camping everywhere outside of the zone.

If people are too scared to go there it would be dead.

I'm too scared to go anywhere near Berezino.. does that mean it's dead?

No, the very reason I'm too scared to go there is because it's a PVP hotspot, just as you're suggesting this would become.. Why would that stop players going there? Not my thing, but there are plenty of people looking for PVP only and it'd be nice to get them out of bero.

These safe zones don't spawn zombies in and only have food and medical spawns in and will either be bandit controlled or hero controlled. Pvp will not be turned off inside here.

In the centre there could be a radio tower which works which will allow the user to broadcast a message out to walkie talkies on a certain frequency. This will be used to let people know heroes are there or bandits could use it to bait people there.

Heroes can go there and take in people, give them shelter, heal them up and generally help them out.

Bandits can go there and spray down the heroes who try to achieve a safe zone.

It will give the game some purpose as they're may be huge hero v bandit battles (v v far fetched but its a game) to see who can control this area and it will allow more interaction between players and maybe future role play purposes.

It may end up as a massive bloodbath arena but its just a suggestion:)

NO!!!

Edited by Gdaddy22

the map is large enough for a small peaceful zone on devil castle maybe and 2 little on zub and the other little castle ^^  you will find enough people for killing and pvp bandit style ! on the other 285 Km³

love the idea from barricade place with all. and for trading.  or sit on tables and play cards or dart or contests with the bow ( little game in the game ^^ ) with friends and find new people for go over the land with no fear for   - i kill him before he me kills.   this gives the game a human aspect.  and a place for meet and talk  your  advancers in game and not in a forum ....   the map is big enough.  and later with 100 people servers you have enough people for hunting and sniping.  

give the rest a place for risk-free meet and trade ^^ 

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 1

As stated... The only "safe-ish zones" will be those that are defended or barricaded by other players.

This isn't Epoch or a gamey rendition thereof, until modding is allowed anyway.

In DayZ, safe-zones should be non-existent. If players take over an area and call it safe due to heavy protection, that's another story.

• Like 1

As stated... The only "safe-ish zones" will be those that are defended or barricaded by other players.

This isn't Epoch or a gamey rendition thereof, until modding is allowed anyway.

this

safezones ruin a great sense... the risk of getting attacked everytime out of the nowhere gives you an great adrenalin push.

if u get shot its only one persons fault... yours!

Edited by quantum2k6

There will never be game enforced safe zones in DayZ. Rocket has expressed many times that it's something that he has zero interest in.

Like others suggested - if you want "safe zones" then gather a large group and create one yourselves. DayZ is a sandbox game, that's what it's for.

• Like 2

safezones ruin a great sense... the risk of getting attacked everytime out of the nowhere gives you an great adrenalin push.

if u get shot its only one persons fault... yours!

2-3 little safe zones on a 285km map ruin the game play ?? loool  come on ^^   have you fear than all people live at the complete game time in a little save zone ?????? bullshit bingoo 

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 1

How about you just use one of the existing castles as a "safe" zone.

Get some of your "hero" buddies and post up in it, advertise that on your server X Castle is a safe area.

I've heard this kind of talk so often, and the fact that you put "hero" in brackets says all about your style of play...  And what game do you play exactly, it's obviously not DayZ. Nobody spends hours hanging around a castle in order to declare it to a safe-zone unless they're  makin a video for youtube. And if they did it would take 20 minutes for the first band of trolls to go up and shoot everyone going in and out. Oh isn't DayZ just funny funny funny!

I'm totally for a safe-zone, but of a different kind. But I ask in advance to please spare me "what Dean already said". Thank you.

This would require the implementation of currency, (gold and silver coin and bullion maybe) and also NPCs.

I'm talking about a small town with maybe 10-20 medium difficulty NPCs that are generally friendly but wary. The first shot that is fired in or into town gets their attention and a warning and the first PvE or PvP hit inside town gets them hostile.

The few merchants in town do not offer anything for sale except stuff that is readily available in game, such as badly damaged clothes, water and food. Weapons, meds and ammo trade only take place between players.

Yak all you want, this idea is awesome. The DayZ sandbox argument fails because the majority of players are just lame, uncreative, boring as hell and more often than not simply trolls, and there is (and apparently never will be) no way of admins controlling who they want in their server or not. NPCs would create a troll-free zone (well at least you'd have to overrun the town with a larger group in order to stand a chance at trolling the players or stand outside lying in wait) that would actually create an enjoyable atmosphere between players within this zone. Making it possible to actually seek a friendly player experience when one feels like it instead of leaving it to that 0.01% chance. . .