frosti

Raiders Leather Jacket vs Zombie

Well, it already gives us the highest amount of protection from bleeding, gotta balance it some how. I think its realistic though, getting beat up all the time would take its toll eventually.

I do not mind that zombies can 1-shot-KO the Riders jacket. It just sucks that we cannot patch it up. I hope they incorporate more than the sewing kit, we should be able to take materials from other clothing and patch up damaged pieces.

• Like 1

Zeds should be able to damage it, but not nearly as quickly as they currently do.  My cloth brown hoodie seems to take more damage than the riders jacket before being ruined.

I have no idea how a zombie (essentially, little more than a pissed-off human) can take a swipe (not even grabbing and trying to tear, just a punch) at your torso and wreck all of your clothing.

It is unrealistic and it is stupid.

You should still be injured (let someone walk up to you and punch you in the chest; you are going to feel it!) but your clothing shouldn't be ruined. Case in point, I,  IRL, can't rip my BDU's by hand. By falling and getting them caught on stuff, yes, but not with sheer force alone. 

• Like 2

I've had a zed tear a pristine riders jacket to ruined in one shot.

• Like 1

I have no idea how a zombie (essentially, little more than a pissed-off human) can take a swipe (not even grabbing and trying to tear, just a punch) at your torso and wreck all of your clothing.

It is unrealistic and it is stupid.

You should still be injured (let someone walk up to you and punch you in the chest; you are going to feel it!) but your clothing shouldn't be ruined. Case in point, I,  IRL, can't rip my BDU's by hand. By falling and getting them caught on stuff, yes, but not with sheer force alone. 

This pretty much.

The same could be said for all or at least most clothing, I think it is fair to say that most of the damage that comes from zombies are from scratching/punching and not biting (just judging from animations and how biting actually works in real life and the fact that humans doesn't really have the anatomy to bite as a means of attacking or defending properly in comparison to for instance predatory animals such as bears or canines) and unless zombiefication brings with it claws or talons - there's not a chance in hell that you can scratch through a pair of denims or functional clothes using cordura fabrics - regardless of the strength of said human/zombie, a finger nail would break before protruding the fabric if used in a swiping manner. Yeah, sure over time - enough fingernails would be able to scratch through the fabric due to abrasion.

But yeah, realism has to make way for game play in some areas. Particularly since our zombies can't grapple, or pin down someone - thus really making their current form of attacking rather ridiculous - but very amusing to watch. A more likely scenario of dying to zombies in this game would be: knocked to the ground by zombie and/or grappled by zombie and either have your head or chest caved in by multiple blows to it or chewed up or in case of a lot of zombies I guess getting limbs torn off would be a viable way to die as well. Not hit a couple of times and then die by bleeding as though your guts were hanging out. But given the amount of weaponry and the lack of zombies I would say it is only fair that they're able to cause some harm, as unlikely as it would be.

• Like 1

I love my riders jackets, when I find them. Have not had zeds damage them from the get go though.  Usually its after a few have had a couple of hits at me when I can't get my axe out in time.

• Like 1

My friend tried to make a tin can armor from a thin leather jacket with some nail and a hammer and that was already one hell of a job. One as thick as a rider jacket should definitely be hard to destroy.

Man we can't even fix the some items with the seweing kit, even though we could in reallife.

Like fixing the Assault-vest, a backpack and also the Jacket.

I understand, leather is hard to stitch with a needle. But for gameplay-"realism"!

The Jacket gets damaged and from prisitne/worn down to badly-damaged/ruined in 1-2 strikes, but we can NOT fix it... 

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

Man we can't even fix the some items with the seweing kit, even though we could in reallife.

Like fixing the Assault-vest, a backpack and also the Jacket.

I understand, leather is hard to stitch with a needle. But for gameplay-"realism"!

The Jacket gets damaged and from prisitne/worn down to badly-damaged/ruined in 1-2 strikes, but we can NOT fix it... 

not to mention that they are very rare

Riders jacket get torn pretty fast, but our rifles taking hits from bullets are still pristine :).

Can't wait for once we need to take care of our weapons, cleaning and repairing them, or they would jam.

Would bring in a lot of immersion.

• Like 3

I gave up on Riders jacket. It brings bad luck to me. I lost 5 or 6 of them due to zombies. All in cursed willage of Pustoshka. Im not going there untill persistant items are working. 

Can't wait for once we need to take care of our weapons, cleaning and repairing them, or they would jam.

When this happens, I will stick to the Python Magnum, Shotgun, B95 and the lever-action rifle 

(jam-free guns ;) )

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

When this happens, I will stick to the Python Magnum, Shotgun, B95 and the lever-action rifle 

(jam-free guns ;) )

I saw some folks cleaning revolvers for sure, is it really doing nothing? O_o

But yeah I understand that simpler mechanisms are less prone to jamming, hence I would go with AK :-).

Well, if you ever watched one of ye olde zombie movies, you'll also notice how a zombie can poke its hands into someone's gut and pull out intestines in just a few seconds. So yeah, I guess the rider's jacket should be possible to damage too.

Besides, it already has the advantage of looking damn cool, I don't think it should be superior to other items on top of that.

But yeah I understand that simpler mechanisms are less prone to jamming, hence I would go with AK :-).

I don't know anything about guns, but by cleaning a revolver the accuracy could be improved.

Maybe also the chance for the ammo-drum to jam will be smaller, dunno ;)

I just picked up two (!) pristine Raiders Jackets in Svetlo. Both of them went from pristine to ruined in one hit from a zombie. The description says it's leather, but I suspect that Raiders Jackets are actually made of wrapping paper.

There's going to be a heavy duty sewing kit to fix things like riders jackets and raincoats.

But yeah, they should be stronger in the first place.

I bet they will balance the equipment dmg later. If they gonna add more zombies this will not work at all. Everything will be trashed in seconds.

Edited by Heradon2k

There's going to be a heavy duty sewing kit to fix things like riders jackets and raincoats.

But yeah, they should be stronger in the first place.

Especially since the description specifically reads "ultra-rugged leather jacket, durable and protective" ...

Nothing's rugged and protective about this thing. My friggin' T-Shirt takes more hits than the jacket. Heavy duty sewing kits aren't gonna change that - You can't fix what's ruined.

I love this jacket. It looks good. But that's about it. With my current character I had four of those things and they all were gone due to zombie within a few minutes. I really hope they fix that...

Clothes in general should be more resistant to damage when worn. There is no way you would completely ruin a shirt by making a bullet hole into it.

In exchange ruined clothing should either randomly lose items or just lose its storage capacity completely and repairing clothes should be a little harder (you need to find the right materials first).

So yes, a zombie should damage this jacket - very, very little.

that is not why ak's are less prone to jamming. they are less prone to jamming because they use a piston system to cycle the bolt and they are made to fit together more loosely so grit and dust can work its way out of the rifle while its being fired.

Edited by hellcat420