MrSurvivor

Dayz SA Is Boring. :-(

Which other member had "Right Behind You" as their avatar tag ?
Can anybody point me in the right direction...memory banks are full I'm afraid !

I wanna complete the OREL special forces uniform set so much, I had the pants but slipped on stairs in firestation and ruined them :(

Yeah I want that as well! Plus black mega vest and ofc AKM+drum mag. As for helm, Id go with pilot helmet if it is already sprayable.

really I'm sorry i didn't know this would spark so much stuff i regret this post i just joined today

Not to worry perhaps next time take the brain out of neutral before posting there a good chap

well I'm sorry really i truly am i didn't know that it hasn't been out that long and whatever other mistakes i made i know 20 hours isn't a lot but please respect me

don't worry, a lot of players go through this. some leave, some stay.

It's not an easy game to get into unless you are one of the military fetishist dudes or a COD deathmatch player.

There are also some real survivalists and some solo players, quite a range of different styles of play, in fact.

But there can be large spaces of time between the "exciting" bits - people have said this ever since the start of the mod.

You have to really make it up for yourself.

Not everyone likes playing solo.

If you have friends who play, make a group.

If not - maybe you could look around for a clan or a team to join, there are several with invites on these forums. Some are very good folk.

A lot of people find it easier and more fun to start up with other players.

If you've played 20 hours, you already know your way around.. so now if you want to you can begin doing stuff to make the game more interesting for you.

But it's not a game for everybody.

Mainly you get out what you put in, its not on a plate or on rails.

good luck - see you around maybe.

xx

XNNpL9H.png

wow - like the pyjamas (not sure about the rabbit)

OP if you say dayz is boring after you play 20 hours in one year I don't think you are understand what the game is fun when you can enjoy the time just to be alive looking for food but also feel afraid because maybe a player is watch you what you doing and is making plans far murder you.

Dayz is not like diseny world with fun things every 2 minutes the fun is happen when you imaginate things and sometimes nothing can happen good or bad in 3 hours but sudden something like gun shoot or a player runs in front of the house what you are looking in. and the fun is intense moment after long time of doing nothing to much exciting .

it is not a game about nice guns and nice hats is a game about do everything to survive and do what is needed to keep alive and this is the fun. one time I was laying in the hill behind the rock and I was just looking at the town for maybe 2 hours i had no gun i had no axe only a kitchen knife some can of food and 2 plastic water bottle 30% with water but i was sick after wat the zombie did to me so i was recovering my health status slowly and safe, this is not excitement because nothing exciting was happening behind a rock but i was really happy to bbe safe and slowly get energy and water in my system and the colour of the world was coming back and i felt amazing.

try this

• Like 1

If you expect pvp actions everytime and want to have heavy battle you select wrong game. Already everyone has limited ammo of course some crazy bastards can spend all whole day to loot a lot of ammo they are just exception. If you play this game alone its mean its difficult to get pvp actions x100 times. For now its looks lıke they desing this game totally for play with group or clan. I dont know maybe in future they mıght think about who want to play this game all alone without get crazy and bored.

You should have really strong nerves to play this game. Cause sometimes you spending so much times for get all items you want and then after 5 minute one bitch killing you suddenly from rooftop with mosin. I broke my keyboard and mouse cause of this bullshit game.

Main goal of this game is to be alive. You mıght do same fuckıng thing for all whole day. Eat, drink, run, hide, kill stupid zombies. Sometimes if you see one person roaming alone and has not gun you can try approach to talk or kill him and thats it now you are very happy with your game very enjoyable game.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 2

OP....you are right!

Yes its boring as hell atm, no camps to build, no cars to fix, limited selection of loot and terrible spawn chances. But what you have to remember is that they told us 6 months ago it would be 2 years until it was finished. So basically we are only a quarter of the way through it being made. Give them some more time and you will see features come in that make it actually resemble dayz mod a bit more.

In the meantime, you could always try the mod. Its a great indicator of where standalone will heard and is much MUCH more feature complete. Wanna build a camp, no probs....wanna fix a car....go for it....want some zombies that don't run through walls and exist in decent numbers....get on the mod for now. Don't expect SA to be feature complete for some time :)

Edited by Karmaterror

I like that DayZ is "boring" at times. When you think you're safe and alone hiking around inland... then in an instant you see a mere pixel move in the treeline, or you hear a shot that was aimed at you and YOUR HEART STARTS POUNDING; and ITS ON!

Constant action CoD style where the maps are designed to funnel you into conflict constantly doesn't get my heart pounding because it doesn't have the "boring" lows.

"Without the bitter, the sweet ain't as sweet." - Vanilla Sky

I don't think this is the game for you OP, especially not in Alpha.

Edited by Spartacus Rex
  • Like 1

really I'm sorry i didn't know this would spark so much stuff i regret this post i just joined today

Don't worry about it man we all go through it. You should have seen how much flame I got on my first post lol

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have 290 hours on record & am still having a blast. Can't wait to play tonight :D

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

I don't agree that the SA is boring, I am sure kids with Attention Deficit Disorders find it boring because they have a condition that means they require constant stimulation and to be honest I hope this game is being paced in such a way to weed you fuckers out.

but for us normal folks who don't live on refined sugar and caffeine are having a lot of fun.

Things to do in Standalone

Looting

Running

Being a Medic

Parkour

Character Health management

Trolling

Exploring

Crafting items

Making fires

Player Hunting

Player Helping

Hunting animals

PVP

PVE

Making friends

Making enemies

Orienteering

Robbery

Torture

Fishing

Cooking

Collecting items

Reading

Surviving

Sniping

Camping

Screenshot Photography

etc etc etc

Have you done all of this then?? run out of ideas have yer?

It's not the game that's boring son...it's you.

Take any of these things to do and you can build an adventure around it if you have an imagination and some patience, for example I met 3 players on the last experimental build who were setting up a diner, they were hunting for meat, collecting pots and pans and firewood and drinks and cans of food and all the rest and they planned to set it all up in one of the pubs, just for the fun of it, to feed randoms.

If you need bursts of adrenalin every 30 seconds well, counter strike.

Edited by Macdeth
  • Like 4

there really is not some excuses for saying you are boring from dayz because it is sandbox game and way of playing is unlimiting is only your imaginate ideas what is put a limit on what to do in the game like macdeth says there is alot alot alot to be doing and is alpha build of the game I will not having the time to do everything in the list and feel boring before rocket is adding more new features and extra item and content for us to discover and learn

I was expecting it to be a little more interesting but i guess i was wrong sorry about this topic i hope i haven't offended anyone

you have to get good at the game or at least get to know what to do in the game, then it becomes fun, like most games or activities in general

going by your topic, this isnt the game for you. its not the kind of game that tells you what to do or how to do it, so you might find it a bit difficult to achieve excitement in dayz if you are clueless about it and make no effort to learn.