blaskapelle

We need a char reset!

You sure you didn't misread hackmags for duped items? I can't really see how they would be able to identify duped items, since once they are duped they would not be different from regular loot spawned items in any way.

I was playing the day the patch came out and ran into a fresh spawn.  I'm usually friendly so I was giving him some food and he said "My clan is coming up on us.  Don't worry."  Then 4 fully geared guys come running up and give their buddy and gun, backpack, etc...  Since I was friendly they invited me onto they're teamspeak which I joined.  Wasn't in it for 5 minutes before almost every one of them was complaining about not being able to dupe items like they used to.  One of them said he could still do it but not to the degree that he had been able to pre-update.  I left their teamspeak after hearing that so I don't know much more on it.

• Like 3

Yeah, I am sure and I don´t know how to really identify it but since I don´t know how they coded the loot I could just guess anyway. Maybe they meant hacked mags though. I don´t really know but on the other hand I don´t care either really. In the North you barely find such people so I don´t run into them and the only encounter I had with such a "pleb mob" was near berenzino where 3-4 of them tried to spray&prey me to death from 10m away and just ruined my jacket. Infinity mags still don´t be able to hit a barn door. Since then I never run into such people again and I hope that kind of player will be ironed out soon.  

People play on the coast too, it's a valid place to play.  Regardless of whether these guys can hit anything or not, eventually players who can pick these mags up.  Besides that, it's cheating.  There's no reason to let them continue to be in circulation, just so everyone else can keep some gear that they'll eventually lose any ways (everyone dies).

They fixed the hack mags, but as far as I know they never removed them.  They were still present in game after the supposed fix, and one of the people from battleye commented that the ones we still see are "left overs" ignoring the fact that it's still really easy to dupe.

I mean, your reasoning seems to be "I don't care, so it doesn't matter."  Out of sight and out of mind doesn't work on cheating, sorry to say, because it still affects other people.

I was playing the day the patch came out and ran into a fresh spawn.  I'm usually friendly so I was giving him some food and he said "My clan is coming up on us.  Don't worry."  Then 4 fully geared guys come running up and give their buddy and gun, backpack, etc...  Since I was friendly they invited me onto they're teamspeak which I joined.  Wasn't in it for 5 minutes before almost every one of them was complaining about not being able to dupe items like they used to.  One of them said he could still do it but not to the degree that he had been able to pre-update.  I left their teamspeak after hearing that so I don't know much more on it.

If true that is most welcome news.

Nearly all of the guys in SA are high geared and they have no need for exploring. They only sit and wait at hot zones.

Making heavy weapons like the M4 rare has no effect because these guys will never drop theirs.

Come on, let us all begin from zero. Then it could be fun again.

but i have no m4 and stuff nor want it, i have machete, sks for hunting, a fire kit, and a lot of matches... took a while to get it all. Just to see if hunting and living in the woods will work. so how would a reset help me?

don't be so silly :P

SKS' and Mosins work perfectly fine against people.

Learn to fight a little better and you will be fine.

or get 2 of you, one zig-zags all the time, and friend sneaks up on hem with an axe. if they all grouped up in a building trying to kill you, you friend can run in and kill them all before they know what happen (or they end up shooting you and them selves/ unless they have that heliso game hack, hope BE fixed that)

most full kitted M4 full mill teams cant handle being rushed :P

Edited by Sooden

How about having a ture "Friendly" server where no one can kill another player? so that way the only threat is zombies, hunger and so on. that way people wanting to explore or hunt don't have to worry about getting shot in the back but can still interact with players.

I have been going on friendly servers only to be shot by the first person i come across (not so friendly) but i grit my teeth and think it's fine my hardcore player is still alive (the one i care about).

so yeah a "REAL!!!!" Friendly server maybe?

Edited by I-AM-NOOB

An then, what? Doing the same stuff over and over again? Nah, a reset will not lead to anything but the same PvP-attitude most players have at the moment.

The only solution would be an improvement of the environment itself and specific ingame rewards for being a good guy, like a hero perk, faster runnning, a light ballistic vest for example. At the moment, your approach on other players does not make any difference for your ingame-character at all.

But then there will be the next huge problem:

DayZ is a social experiment.

Players should be completely free to decide what they do and why they are doing it. This will be, in my opinion, always be a problem with sandbox games with guns in it.

"Educating" players towards a desired play-style does not change their mindset.

I play like my viking ancestors irl. Rape and plumage and if I die, lets hope I make it Valhalla

Nearly all of the guys in SA are high geared and they have no need for exploring. They only sit and wait at hot zones.

Making heavy weapons like the M4 rare has no effect because these guys will never drop theirs.

i dotn think thats true, i cross all over the map, and i think many other players do too,

i wouldnt mind if my character gets reset at every update tho, if everyone elses did too, during testing. something to do, just get equipped again while moving around, although i guess many people wouldnt like it.

Saw a hacked mag today, so yeah, they're still in circulation.

hmm reset all us legit players that worked for our m4's and ammo because some still have hacked mags NO ,that's like cutting off your hand because of a splinter. I got 600 5.56 and my magpul m4 all by not getting killed in a month or so.

hmm reset all us legit players that worked for our m4's and ammo because some still have hacked mags NO ,that's like cutting off your hand because of a splinter. I got 600 5.56 and my magpul m4 all by not getting killed in a month or so.

Does it really matter why are you so invested in your character the game has no obligation to work or even be enjoyable yet.

Dont invest yourself on your character atleast not at this stage of development.

I say have regular cross hive character wipes have them often have them regularly if they are needed to test or remove objects across all servers.

• Like 1

How very selfish.

It's more like cutting off your hand to avoid an infection that's going to spread to the rest of the your body.

These mags are not going to go away as long as duping exists.  If they can wipe only m4 mags, or even better only the duped mags, that would be great but if they could do that I think they would have by now.

A wipe would clear them forever, assuming that they really did fix the source of the problem.  That's worth everyone's gear, legitimate or not.

• Like 1

If you think those guys are better than you, you're already defeated

"They sit and wait at hot zones"

They don't last long

Spend a day respawning and hunting armed dudes with your bare hands, or an axe. You got nothing to loose

You'll probably end up with your own M4, if that's what you want

have fun

Edited by pilgrim

I agree with OP. We definitely need character reset, because making m4 a rare weapon has no use now. Everyone has it and everyone can duplicate it at whim. If there was reset, they would have to hunt hellicopters and look for pristine parts etc which is not easy when choppers spawn only 4-5 items.

• Like 1

how you "worked" for your m4 and ammo when you could get ALL pristine parts and 600 rounds for m4 in one single run to tents (balota or NWAF). Don't try to fool nobody here. M4 was the most popular weapon.

People play on the coast too, it's a valid place to play.  Regardless of whether these guys can hit anything or not, eventually players who can pick these mags up.  Besides that, it's cheating.  There's no reason to let them continue to be in circulation, just so everyone else can keep some gear that they'll eventually lose any ways (everyone dies).

They fixed the hack mags, but as far as I know they never removed them.  They were still present in game after the supposed fix, and one of the people from battleye commented that the ones we still see are "left overs" ignoring the fact that it's still really easy to dupe.

I mean, your reasoning seems to be "I don't care, so it doesn't matter."  Out of sight and out of mind doesn't work on cheating, sorry to say, because it still affects other people.

Well, my post was a bit missleading. It´s not that I don´t care about cheating/abusing but it doesn´t affect my gameplay too much and it´s something the devs know about and that will get fixed sooner or later. My point was more that people with hacked/duped stuff don´t know how to play the game properly so it´s not so much of a big deal for me. It´s annoying if you run into such a pleb or even a mob without being armed by yourself but besides that it shouldn´t affect one too much. 

More on topic again

Duping got confirmed as a "hack" so it will be punished people who dupe will get erased so I don´t see a reason to wipe characters. I don´t know on what kind of servers people play but where I play the M4 is not so much of a problem and never really was. It can be deadly for sure but as long as people use full auto all the time I am more afraid of the mosin. It´s no problem to survive 4-5 M4 hits but you barely survive 2 mosin hits and a good shooter will knock you out with the first and tag you dead with the 2nd. I for myself will get rid of my M4 and just keep my mosin with me since they nerfed the damage against ZEDs and I just needed it for solo looting and since I have everything I need there is no need to go to military bases/NWAF again so no M4 needed anymore. :) 

I do agree it's not too much of an issue as far as I've killed plenty of guys with duped mags, and they generally are incredibly awful, but its about getting them out of the system.  Also, I'd remind you that it's not only m4 mags that were manipulated, people had infinite ammo mosin rounds, sks etc as well.  My main issue with these, is that the people who use actual hacks use them too.  A guy teleporting to you with an infinite ammo shotgun isn't pleasant, no matter how much he sucks.  Again, I don't disagree most of these regular guys suck and in terms of encounters it's not the biggest deal in the world, I just find it hard to understand how anyone would be unwilling to sacrifice their current gear for the sake of removing this stuff permanently.

Also, do you have a source for duping being confirmed as a hack that will be punished?  Because it's more of a glitch, and I've seen nothing about that or even think they have a way to reliably track it.  Would be great news, but that's the first I've heard of it.

I hate to be pessimistic, I'm usually optimistic about the SA, but I really don't think they will ever get a real handle on duping.  It exists in every mmo ever, ones with a lot more security and resources than DayZ.  So why not cut out the source.

Edited by Bororm

Well infinite mags and duped stuff got removed with the latest patch, need to dig out the source though. Besides that, as long as duping is somehow possible - lot harder now from what I read from several sources - a char reset wont get rid of these plebs. Again, a char reset doesn´t solve anything but patching it out will do and time of course. There are enough kill teams out on the HC servers who play "fair" and get rid of duped/hacked stuff by the time. As long as there is no new hacked mag everything will work out. Same goes for the duped stuff. The harder it gets the lesser we will see of that and the duped stuff will get "hidded" together with the bodies by the time. We killed 20people  in the last 2 days and there was no single squad with the exact same equipment/weapons so it seems to be way better. Before the patch we run into "duped/cloned squads a lot near the coast. In the North we found them too but less often and now I haven´t heard from them any more. I don´t say they are gone but a lot less for sure regarding my experience and the experience from a lot others I play/talk with.

And yes, we KOS but with rules. No bambis and no civilians. So people that run around alone and or without military equipment wont get killed except they open fire. 

As an "M4 Desperado" a character reset would not effect me in the slightest.  One trip to the airfield on a low pop before the younger kids get up and I have a gun.  I kill a few people, I have ammo and possibly another gun.  Doesn't take that long.  And a perk for being a good guy will probably not happen.  That's not realistic and that's what the game is going for.

Without pvp this game could be pieace of shit. Char reset wont make any difffrence those bastards sick, they spending hours to collect a lot of ammo and gun then they just holding hotspots forever. Keep change server until you get fully geared then thats all, they enjoying to do this shit over over and over again. Basically devs should fınd solution about that.

Edited by BayZ

SKS' and Mosins work perfectly fine against people.

Learn to fight a little better and you will be fine.

sks only up to 200 meters. Anything above and it is piece of shit.