SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

One thing is... No CTD's exiting a server or in game so far.

Although, I rarely got them while in game.

Same here. 

Also:

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Something small but significant, you can now start running from a crouched position.

Really wish they would either force all the servers to be on the hive or at least mark those that are not.  A little annoying trying to sort this crap out :(

• Like 1

Did they remove loot from the various junk yards?  I just ran thru one and I didn't even find a single can of food and as I have never seen one stripped clean I quickly swapped servers and check another and again no loot at all. 

Well, look at WOBO's video on YouTube, as he did a full test/investigation into KOS. He concluded that people with better loot/weapons are going to kill easier than people w/ less loot/weapons. 

So think about it, lowering gun spawns would actually lower the KOS rates. 

WOBO's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzdDgU2OVQ&list=PLPkJVd_A4SwlfKrwBCHJjvJ955k8WDePT&index=5

I disagree, I think you are mixing up cause and effect here. Players do not get more kosly because they are geard up, but because they have gear that usually takes a certain amount of time to get. Their gear has a certain amount of value that can be measured in time needed to get it. Now if you reduce loot spawns it would highten the number of bambis that just yolo it fistfighting when they see a geared player. The same amount of kos would simply set in at the same "time-value" of the gear. If that means having a Blaze after the same amount of time it currently takes to be really geared, the same amount kos will exist as soon as that person has an blaze. Now melee is a slightly different thing admittedly, but as soon as ppl think their gear is really worth something, they get paranoid and kosy.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 2

Noticing a lot of input lag when trying to switch weapons.  I had to hit '1' 8 times to get it to switch to my primary weapon today.  It's always been touchy but this is a bit ridiculous.  Anyone else notice that?

Well, look at WOBO's video on YouTube, as he did a full test/investigation into KOS. He concluded that people with better loot/weapons are going to kill easier than people w/ less loot/weapons. 

So think about it, lowering gun spawns would actually lower the KOS rates. 

Funny, I noticed several people with little to no gear attacking him for what he had.  Matter of fact, the less gear one has the less of a penalty there is for taking the risk and trying to take down someone better geared.

Now I do agree that my play style does change drastically as I get better geared, because I know just how easy it is to be killed by some "bambie" with a .357 in their pants.  When I have crap gear, I tend to be more friendly as I am not worried about replacing the starter stuff.  

I would bet that lower gun spawns would actually make it worse as there would be more competition for the few guns and the best way of getting one would be off the corpse off anyone player.

• Like 1

Not sure what to imagine with a crawling crocodile. can you make a pic?

That's exactly what I mean. New crawling animation is horrible.

You can now enter the city hall in Novodimitrovsk. So much stairs. I made it to the top of the building and then "You are dead". They didn't want me to enjoy the view.  :lol:

Met a lot players on tonights experimental servers. Some ran away but most of them were cool and we went exploring together. Not even one hostile. I ran arround with my flashlight on at NEAF and in Novo. So I guess I was considered harmless...

Tents in NWAF are broken again and spawn little to no loot or it is feature with nerfed loot?

• Like 1

Latest Undocumented patch notes, enjoy

New

* Action: Sort out fine rounds

* Buildings: New town hall added

* Buildings: New military building added

* Builings: Town Hall in novo is now open

* Clothing: Gorka jacket added

* Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added

* Files: Added data for Flare Guns, Rabit Traps, and Tents

* Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 3 SMG's

* Files: Added data for Smoke Grenades, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenades, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenades

* Weapons: Grenades added

* World: Added some new roads

Files: Added data for Flare Guns, Rabit Traps, and Tents

What does it mean? added data?

What does it mean? added data?

You can see those files and models in the .pbos, but the objects are not completely configured/not spawning yet.

• Like 1

Anyone see any animal?

Seen plenty and seen a sheep being chased by a zombie!

Zombie must have been welsh ;)

• Like 1

Looks like mostly security update, granade and gorka military jacket.

Oh and new NEAF.

PS.

And I suspect there is new crawling animation.

there's a new dinking animation too I think, when drinking from a container?

Or am I wrong?!

Tents in NWAF are broken again and spawn little to no loot or it is feature with nerfed loot?

The small garages doesn't seem to spawn any loot either.

I don't know if this was a serverproblem or a still occuring bug in the game:

I was on a experimental server yesterday with the highest fluctuation I ever saw, literally 2-5 guys joining or leaving every 30 seconds or so and the rubberbanding was insane. I read it before but rubberbanding is still happening heavily when people join / leave the game. Maybe change the process and set a general 10-30 s spawntimer to load changes before the actual character joins to avoid this in the future?

Edited by TyrDaishi

I noticed a similar issue with the salvage/junk yards.  These places use to be a good source of food/drink, backpacks and the odd weapon but everyone I checked last night was completely empty.  I even switched to a server that had only been up a few minutes and I still didn't see any loot.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but there seems to be a huge, massive and, quite possibly, game-changing update to the game as part of the patch that may force some to change their play-style!

The hacksaw now takes up two slots vertically rather than horizontally.

Edited by Racket
  • Like 1

Activated granade, throwed it and it didyn't exploded.

But I may be bugged becouse I have never ever found thing that I throwed even if I combed the area wheere I throw things.

This reconstruction of the airport Krasnostav is hopeless, there besides ATC nothing. I do not like this change, spoil the best and most visited airport in the game.

Edited by BulletPOL

This reconstruction of the airport Krasnostav is hopeless, there besides ATC nothing. I do not like this change, spoil the best and most visited airport in the game.

i disagree teh airfiled looks much more palyabe now, more hiding spots to get across teh airfiled. no more bandit camping in these buged jails.

the builds on the other side are way better then these jails

its a nice sniper duell spot now.

Only the most visited because everyone spawns beside it!

Not that long ago it was Balota!

Edit

I have yet to see the new reconfigured NEA trying to get something better than an SKS at present lol

Edited by fowang
  • Like 1

Only the most visited because everyone spawns beside it!

Not that long ago it was Balota!

Edit

I have yet to see the new reconfigured NEA trying to get something better than an SKS at present lol

You have the right, but if you want to redirect players to another direction that was enough to change the respawns. And they smashed cool airport...