kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Does anyone know why I just got a character reset? After the update I go into a server, still have most of my gear (binocs now taking up 4 slots took some stuff away). After I DC and join a different server my char. is rest :( Will this happen continuously? 

This is on HC servers... :)

Have you ever even ran with a rifle in your hand? Pistol... ok maybe not... but a real rifle? You ain't sprintin' the same as without a rifle in your hands... that's for sure.

It's not going to be as significant as it used to be that's for sure.

The difference between not having a rifle at all and holding one would be relatively big but the difference between a rifle on your back and in your hands wouldn't be big at all.

Just tried upgrading the fire with stones and nothing happened. tried many different ways of adding them and still didn't upgrade.

Can someone tell me if the spawnpoints are still 90% east coast based?

I think it is probably closer to 75%, maybe even 60% (all estimates based on purely anectdotal evidence), because they have introduced a lot of spawns around the new big city Novosomethingsky,

but the difference between a rifle on your back and in your hands wouldn't be big at all.

I've agreed on everything up until this. Of course the difference would be big, not because of the weight, but because of the limited range of motion in your arms due to holding a rifle.

Just a bit faster than the last build would be ideal.

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 1

Wow, great community. Spend 4 days gathering supplies just to be accused of server hopping, didn't you read any of my previous posts? I play on MY OWN SERVER. - NO hopping was done.

Sorry, that was phrased poorly. I should have written "equipment worth 30 mins of server hopping".

And you should really bug report those hackmags, because devs claimed they made them impossible by switching ammo calculation to server side.

I've agreed on everything up until this. Of course the difference would be big, not because of the weight, but because of the limited range of motion in your arms due to holding a rifle.

Just a bit faster than the last build would be ideal.

Well it wouldn't be that big though going 100m you wouldn't be losing like 5 seconds or anything compared to it on your back, maybe a couple of seconds at most, not so significant that you would really notice unless you were timing yourself.

The big backpack and whatever else that's in it is what would be slowing people down...I wonder how weight slowing you down is ever going to work is someone with a bag full of stones going to run as fast as someone with a bag full of bits of paper? :D  that will be funny.

not so significant that you would really notice unless you were timing yourself.

As someone who routinely travels with two rifles, I assure you I would notice.

And yeah, good point about weight vs slots. I know they dont take weight into effect now, who knows if they ever will. Probably not, it would just create more bugs and conflict with the slot system.

Edited by blaeZ

when are the zombies going to be fixed, still have a longer reach than an icbm, they still walk through walls, punch through floors, run faster up terrain that bolt downhill and you can't melee them before they drain half your blood,

when are the zombies going to be fixed, still have a longer reach than an icbm, they still walk through walls, punch through floors, run faster up terrain that bolt downhill and you can't melee them before they drain half your blood,

Here you go.

Regardless of everything that has been said up to this point.... Just explain this logically:

I am standing still, upright, aiming down the sight of my AKM. My hand is off the mouse. The AKM shakes wildly without any input from the mouse. Now, as I start to move left, WHILE STILL AIMING DOWN SIGHT, the AKM is suddenly stable. No wild shaking left and right.

The only thing that changed is I went from standing still (an inherently stable position) to moving left. I think you can agree that any movement while aiming should logically make the aim less stable, but against all odds, the aim IMPROVES when I start moving.

Your move, troll.

You've been told before, it's a bug. It's not intentional. What are you not understand about that idea?

I spent some years in the military as well and I had to do routine target practice aboard a moving ship and there wasn't as much movement as right now with a lrs. So sorry to say that "emigrates" but ignorant or inexperienced are the right terms to describe your comments.

I also keep reading that you can't mount a rail type bipod to a mosin which is wrong, it just requires a bit of handmade modification. I also keep reading 700-800 meters are too much of a distance for a mosin which is also wrong as can be seen here:

[sNIP]

New rifles are more accurate obviously but that doesn't mean that older rifles weren't. We are not talking about early revolvers from colt here after all. There are also other factors that played into the development of newer rifles like weight, amount of ammunition that can be carried (also relates to weight), size of the weapon aso. So if you want more realism it could be necessary to find a screwdiver and a costum modification set to add the bipod to a mosin but it should stay in the game.

That's great and all, but let me know when you're doing a 5 mile tab, get firm and take an 800m shot. You may also be forgetting that these are not American mod-kit Mosin's. These are Russian Mosin's without any 'Do it yourself' or 'mod' kits to attach bipods or even optic units. Call me clueless all you want sunshine, but I'm going out of a limb here and assuming you've never done a yomp in your life. Certainly not with a Mosin found in the middle of Russia held in someone wardrobe. 

I never said anything about an 800m shot, buttercup. I think you're confusing who you're arguing with. <_<

I'm not confusing anyone, you're part of the 'I can no longer get easy shots at 800m, cry me a river' group - are you not?

If I run to location, I go prone, pull out my rifle and wait for my breath to settle down, I use the LRS zoom and when I'm ready to take my shot I hold my breath. It feels exactly the same to me. The only difference I've noticed is if I've been running before hand or not and expect to pull off a 800m shot while panting my tits off.

Been laying prone for 5 minutes, still can't steady my aim with a long range scope even when holding breath, the sway needs to be nerfed a bit.

I completely agree, it seems they have made the settings for the 'sway' of the weapons far too extreme at the moment. The AKM with the LRS has a sway of 40 yards at the beginning following a short jog

You've been told before, it's a bug. It's not intentional. What are you not understand about that idea?

That's great and all, but let me know when you're doing a 5 mile tab, get firm and take an 800m shot. You may also be forgetting that these are not American mod-kit Mosin's. These are Russian Mosin's without any 'Do it yourself' or 'mod' kits to attach bipods or even optic units. Call me clueless all you want sunshine, but I'm going out of a limb here and assuming you've never done a yomp in your life. Certainly not with a Mosin found in the middle of Russia held in someone wardrobe. 

I'm not confusing anyone, you're part of the 'I can no longer get easy shots at 800m, cry me a river' group - are you not?

If I run to location, I go prone, pull out my rifle and wait for my breath to settle down, I use the LRS zoom and when I'm ready to take my shot I hold my breath. It feels exactly the same to me. The only difference I've noticed is if I've been running before hand or not and expect to pull off a 800m shot while panting my tits off.

You.re totally out of order jumping into your Primal Scream of Pansyfication of any comments people make about the new patch. This is an Alpha and it is one of our roles in this game to report the anomalies that are in the patches that they make. Its called feedback and used judiciously it leads to corrections of the mistakes that occour. Or do you think that everything that comes with each patch is deliberate and must be lived with? 

• Like 2

Some people's kids...  <_<  Just ignore him Poindexter.

• Like 1

Ok. I'm a patient tester. But now my patience it done.

Died due to a rubberband off the bridge - ok. ran back to my friends and stuff. Got it back - everything fine.

Had a bug, relogged on THE SAME SERVER. A server that saved all my stuff all the time despite the reset bugs people reported  and I got reset. ( DayZ DE 1-6 )

Nope, sorry, but I stop playing here and I recommend everyone to stop playing due to this communication bug. It is more than frustrating.. 

Once it hits you, you will know what I think right now ;) Believe me, it will happen to you as well ;)

Just no.. This Char has been alive, before rubberband off the bridge, for so long... M4, AKM.. yeah never get attached to your gear, but getting reset upon such bullshit..

I can live with everything except server communication - 6 months into alpha this BULLSHIT should have been fixed.

Edited by RoterBallon

Since you didn't either wtf are you complaining about others complaining than.

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

There are three known character reset issues, AFAIK. One is where the server cannot connect to the hive to retrieve you character. One is where you disconnect after death, your next character cannot be saved. And the third is where the server is connected to the hive, but cannot pull your character data for some reason.

here is a link to the third one: 

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

+1 it and add any comments you have.

Then there is the private/public server thing which I'm not sure why that started popping up, but you apparently have one char for each.

Does anyone know why I just got a character reset? After the update I go into a server, still have most of my gear (binocs now taking up 4 slots took some stuff away). After I DC and join a different server my char. is rest :( Will this happen continuously? 

This is on HC servers... :)

There are three known character reset issues, AFAIK. One is where the server cannot connect to the hive to retrieve you character. One is where you disconnect after death, your next character cannot be saved. And the third is where the server is connected to the hive, but cannot pull your character data for some reason.

here is a link to the third one: 

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

+1 it and add any comments you have.

Then there is the private/public server thing which I'm not sure why that started popping up, but you apparently have one char for each.

Tbh? Doesn't matter for me anymore. 

I just don't give a shit anymore. I didn't fking care about any glitch or bug that cause you to die. My friends, brothers didn't care about dying upon server restard -> http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12870

But now, simply patience is over. After 6 months they didn't fix it, they won't fix it the next 6 months. 

I really hope there will be a role back, otherwise I am done until release IF IT IS FIXED.

When I started playing this patch I thought "Wow, great improvment!" but now it is.. well just lost all faith in the devs within 1 minute. If it is a known bug there should be no stable release. For hardcore testing I go on EXP. For "soft" I play "stable"

Edited by RoterBallon

Hmm.. Before patch I had an alive char with decent stuff. Logged in after patch to a fresh spawn. Fine. I heard about the bug and all. Even neverminded the fact that I hadn't actually died, but whatever. Server reset. Logged back in, fresh spawn again. I would say this bug would be on a near unplayable level. I really hope they fix this soon :(

So the game was just updated to 0.45, and now I went to steam to download and I noticed the new update is relatively large (around 760 MB). I looked at the changelog that was just released (link HERE) and I don't really notice anything that would take up a lot of space, does anyone know?  :huh:

The new towns and hunting probably took most space

My friend encountered a guy at the NEAF and got shot by an M4 in the lone barracks from someone glitching into the walls, so he decides to go back and see where the glitcher is and long behold, he finds him dead. Looked at his body and had some hacked mags for the M4 that said something like "6.48446c839+". Soon though, the mags were taken away from my friend with the server message "<3".

Also, my character seems to reset when I change servers. I tried joining my friend and my character was reset so I decide to change servers to see if it was a glitch. Nope, same character, so I decided to gear that one up for a bit and the server restarts. Once I joined back, I see my old character with my guns and everything.

I haven't found an M4 or an AK. I looked at the NEAF, Balota Airfield, and the NWAF and haven't found anything besides the AKM buttstock. I can confirm the AK is in the game though, my friend found one after us at the NWAF somehow. (He may be trolling.)

Rubberbanding seems to be more of an issue now. Before the patch, it happened around once every 10 hours, now it happens every 5 hours or so. I have yet to die from them though.

Edited by FREDDIEkillz

AKM definitely in the game, though rare. I've found 2 in the last 2 days.

If you're only having rubber-banding issues every 5 hours, consider yourself lucky.

AKM definitely in the game, though rare. I've found 2 in the last 2 days.

If you're only having rubber-banding issues every 5 hours, consider yourself lucky.

What's the average rubber-banding interval?

What's the average rubber-banding interval?

My average before the latest patch it was about twice per hour, after the patch, probably closer to 1 per hour.

Edited by blaeZ